Chica Yeyé

Trailmix Glorious Travels

115 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It's funny, we picked up all these little books at the supermarket yesterday, the real estate ones and the job ones etc.

So my Husband is looking at the job one and there is an ad for truck drivers, 'No experience, No problem'!! The funny thing is it's for Werner Trucking - which he made comments on all the way here for their lack of driving skills.

:o

:lol:

I wonder if that's the truck that almost hit me head-on yesterday? Seriously. Watch out for the trucks around here. I've been in more near-misses in the last year than in my entire life in Canada. :help:

Ya women drivers down here are crazy!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG. I can SO relate to your road report, Trailmix. :lol:

The other thing that drives me batty is the non-stop road construction. I mean it's non-stop in the SAME place, year after year after year. They don't finish up and move on down the road. They just put up the barriers and leave. After about a year or two they come back, tear up the road, then leave again. It's never-ending. When we first flew down here on our house-hunting trip it was July 2005 and there was road construction in front of our hotel. It is now three years later..... AND THE SAME ROAD CONSTRUCTION IS STILL THERE!!!!! :blink: I tell you, if I was a business owner in this town (because all their accesses are blocked) the Town Council would be cringing at the mention of my name. My husband actually read in the paper that "they" were going to offer the road construction firm a bonus if they would finish the job. #######? That was last Fall, though, so I guess the bonus must not have been big enough because they're still there. :wacko:

We're talking about the DVP aren't we? :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
It's funny, we picked up all these little books at the supermarket yesterday, the real estate ones and the job ones etc.

So my Husband is looking at the job one and there is an ad for truck drivers, 'No experience, No problem'!! The funny thing is it's for Werner Trucking - which he made comments on all the way here for their lack of driving skills.

:o

:lol:

I wonder if that's the truck that almost hit me head-on yesterday? Seriously. Watch out for the trucks around here. I've been in more near-misses in the last year than in my entire life in Canada. :help:

Ya women drivers down here are crazy!!

What a terribly sexist thing to say :P , azzhole drivers come in either gender. :angry: I can't tell who I hate worse, the dump truck driver who believes he's in a NASCAR race and is going to try some drafting or the wanna-be femme fatale who thinks she's at the cosmetics counter at Macy's. :ranting:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Ya women drivers down here are crazy!! <_<

When we first started out, on a different topic here, we would pretty much stay at the first place we came across, we stayed at the days inn in Lethbridge, clean yes, comfortable - no.

After a Super 8 and a Motel 6, we decided we needed to be a bit more choosy - so we stayed at a La Quinta - bingo! nice place, well the first 2 times, the one we stayed at in Nashville was ok.

In Tifton Georgia, as they don't have a La Quinta, we stayed at the Hampton Inn - ok, well we didn't know how nice they are - well at least this one was - the bed was SO comfortable, they even sell them online for $1450 for a king size plus $100 shipping, we might even buy one!

lrg_bed.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I've been in some La Quintas that are good, and some that are just downright horrible. In fact, I received a free night's stay as compensation for the horrible stay. Luckily, it was for any La Quinta... not just the crappy one. Unfortunately, I forgot about it until it expired. Might try calling and asking them to extend it, though. Maybe.

Hamptons are usually pretty nice. So are Marriott Fairfields. Marriott Springhill Suites are the bomb. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Timeline
I've been in some La Quintas that are good, and some that are just downright horrible. In fact, I received a free night's stay as compensation for the horrible stay. Luckily, it was for any La Quinta... not just the crappy one. Unfortunately, I forgot about it until it expired. Might try calling and asking them to extend it, though. Maybe.

Hamptons are usually pretty nice. So are Marriott Fairfields. Marriott Springhill Suites are the bomb. :thumbs:

I hear you about the La Quinta, while the beds in the 3 were comfortable (my most important criteria) - we did get a run around, that whole, we'll make it right or your stay is free thing.

The first one, the tv didn't work, we had already changed and gone and got food etc and we are sitting there eating - so the person comes over, looks at the non-working tv - we will have to move next door. Umm we are tired and we don't want to move - but of course we have to.

Next one, something else wrong with the room - at least this time we hadn't taken our suitcases off the cart!

Third one, Nashville - no internet!!!! Some of the hotspots weren't working, would we like to try another room - umm - no.

I'm glad you reminded me of the krikit, i'm going to email them now!

Timeline

So we drive in to Kentucky and Mike says something like - wonder what there chicken is like here and I say - why, is Kentucky known for their chicken? :hehe:

Anyhoo, we stopped to get some (well for Mike to get some and for me to have a bite - I don't really eat in the car and in fact lost 3.5 lbs between Calgary and Nebraska yaaa hooooo)!

Anyway, there was this guy in the shop that is like the epitomy of every stereotype of a Kentucky guy you have ever heard, he and his wife were getting something to eat, I really wanted to take his picture, but chickened out :lol:

He was about 80 years old, he had a long white beard and longish white hair and he was wearing denim overalls, he also had one of those cool wooden canes.

Oh and btw, in Kentucky you can also order the fried chicken livers combo (gizzards too)!!

TriptoFlorida014.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.