Chica Yeyé

Trailmix Glorious Travels

115 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, I just typed all this brilliant stuff then hit back by mistake or something!

Anyway, we are in Lewiston, Montana right now - yes, they let all of us across the border!

First of all, my Husband went to Petcetera this morning and talked to the receptionist there and she recommended a spray called Feliway - it's a pheromone spray and it works really really well! You just spray like 1 spray where the cat will be and it makes them feel comfortable there!

So we left Lethbridge around 11 - went straight to Tim Hortons as I wanted to buy a travel mug, which we did and had a bagel as well.

Lethbridge is about an hour from the border at Coutts/Sweetgrass. There wasn't much of a line, maybe 5 cars, which was great, the line coming in to Canada was huge!

So we pull up, tell the border person that my Husband is activating his IR1 visa, she asks us if we have a pet with us, we say yes, our cat, she then asks us for the sealed envelope and tells us to pull around and come in.

My Husband had to do a fingerprint on two sides of a paper and sign it and that was about all he had to do, the rest was them taking care of the paperwork. Took about 45 minutes, not bad at all.

We did have to import our car today, he told us we had to. I had the compliance letter, so went out to the car to get it. He didn't comment on the running lights, in fact he read the letter from Ford and said 'Ford should know better than that'.

(So room service just came to the door to tell us they didn't have what my Husband ordered, so I picked up the cat and she clawed my arm - buy anyhoo)

So had to fill out two forms for the car and that was that!

Well, I am pretty tired, has anyone else driven through Montana? There is not much here.

Hopefully food will be here soon, I'm hungry - ordered the French Dip and i'm drinking a coke and yes, it does taste different.

It tastes like freedom? :lol:

Congratulations are in order now that you're in the lower 48. :thumbs: I've driven across Montana 4 or 5 times, in a pounding rainstorm at 2AM you don't see many of the "sights." :lol: How are things in the land of hamburgers and heartache? :lol: Canuck kitty (aka meowmix) is home sick, no doubt. At least Nutmix entered the US without incident. Take care and keep us updated on your great journey South. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear your border crossing was without incident trailmix! Welcome to the USA!! I'm SO glad you got a travel mug as well before you left.

Sounds like meowmix had a much better day at travelling than the day before, which must have made driving much more pleasant for everyone.

Montana, the Dakotas, Kansas....there isn't much there. Outstanding sunrises and sunsets though! I miss that great expanse of nothingness!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is great that you had a good border crossing. I am hoping that the kitty did enjoy the ride yesterday more and settled in. Glad to hear that the car made it through without much trouble. I have my car being driven down here next week and I called Ford who told me it would be around 85 for the 2 letters required for importation, and then I called my local Customs office and he said what Ford is going to charge you, don't bother getting the letters just bring the car down when it gets here and it should be fine (he owns a truck manufactured in Canada), my car was manufactured in US so he felt it would be no problem. I hope I actually get to see him when I go there as he seemed to be really nice and quite funny.

Hope you all got a good nights sleep last night, and hope you have great weather for the rest of the trip.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
That is great that you had a good border crossing. I am hoping that the kitty did enjoy the ride yesterday more and settled in. Glad to hear that the car made it through without much trouble. I have my car being driven down here next week and I called Ford who told me it would be around 85 for the 2 letters required for importation, and then I called my local Customs office and he said what Ford is going to charge you, don't bother getting the letters just bring the car down when it gets here and it should be fine (he owns a truck manufactured in Canada), my car was manufactured in US so he felt it would be no problem. I hope I actually get to see him when I go there as he seemed to be really nice and quite funny.

Hope you all got a good nights sleep last night, and hope you have great weather for the rest of the trip.

Thanks everyone!

Well I am drinking this 'coffee'. They have this little coffee machine that has a disposable basket and coffee in a filter and it makes 1 cup at a time, it's really weak, but oh well it's a beverage!

I forgot to mention yesterday, the border guy did shake my Husband's hand and welcome him to the United States. I felt like he should have shaken my hand too, since I am a Canalien haha.

Congrats on a smooth entry Trailmix and family.

I hope the rest of your drive goes safely, too.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

Oh, while you are on the road, a 'reasonable' substitute for Timmies is Dunkin Donuts coffee. I have generally found those in-room coffee makers with their packets of coffee don't make anything very drinkable and I can't even disguise it with cream because they only have the (in)edible oil product coloured white to pretend it might possibly, at some distance past, been an relative of a dairy product.

Happy Trails! - and I hope you avoid all the storms between where you are and where you are going.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

Teee heeee!!!!

We crossed there too and it was relatively painless. I am so happy that you guys made it so fast. I will need to check in with Ladee Heather to see is she has any news of the crossing. I heard she was still hanging out with Justin Trudeau, so she might have missed it :(

Timeline

Howdy everyone!

Well, we are now in Sheridan, Wyoming. We were actually hoping to drive a bit further today, but as you all know it gets tiring!

Nothing really new to report, miles and miles of Montana highway. Did I mention there isn't much of anything there?

Anyway, going to go relax for a while.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Howdy everyone!

Well, we are now in Sheridan, Wyoming. We were actually hoping to drive a bit further today, but as you all know it gets tiring!

Nothing really new to report, miles and miles of Montana highway. Did I mention there isn't much of anything there?

Told you so. :crying: I know Wyoming all too well. It is one of the few states where people die in large numbers from falling asleep at the wheel. By all means rest when you get tired. Are you planning staying on the I-90 or will you go through Casper on the I-25? Enjoy the Cowboy State, you'll be out of it in just a few more hours.

Drive safe! :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

glad all is going well!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Hope all is going well with the drive

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Timeline
Howdy everyone!

I heard that place only exists in.....

THE TWILIGHT ZONE :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Come back to the real world Trailmix :crying: please :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.