Matt_Stevens

Proving assetts for I-134

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Matt,

Meauxna suggested that you contact a professional since you haven't been successful without one.

I gave you a specific name to try.

The horse has been led to water, if it doesn't want to drink so be it.

Yodrak

Yodrak, her/his comments were not appropriate, nor were they on target. They were just rude and nothing else.

I have come up with many useful things. But not once have I come up with the answers to the questions I posted here in this thread. Every time I see them asked the answers are always the same: "Do a search" or "Read the guides." My God, there are so many thrads with those responses it is ridiculous!

The specific answees I need are NOT in the guides and every search I have made has given me the results I just listed above.

So someone coming in here and acting obnoxious is not being productive. If nothing nice can be said, then nothing should be said at all. It is terribly rude for people to thread ####### like this.

And by the way, I called the HCMC Consulate and asked them what they require and they wouldn't tell me. Many times when people call that particular consulate they are disconnected! They are notorious for being the worst consulate to deal with, so it's only fair that people try and understand why I am asking for help instead of copping an attitude.

Last thing, through my searches it appears that some members who got "Legal" advice ended up worse off. Why? because there are no real experts on Ho Chi Minh City. Many people here were thrown into horrible situations of waiting for months, of not years, because their lawyer screwed up their case.

Are you folks even aware that some members here are now well past a year since their HCMC interview where they were given the Blue Slip of Death? One member is in year three! This is what I am up against and my case is complicated because I fall into the category where the consulate is now blindly declining visas on a newly made up policy of their own (those needing co-sponsors are getting the blue slip now, no matter what).

Once again, it is YOU who are so blatantly rude. Never have I asked for hand holding. It is absolutely insulting for you to say that I have. You assumed that I had not researched the issue and that is your mistake. I've looked into this issue for weeks now without finding the proper answers.

Because your assumptions you came across as very rude and you now admit that you responded the way you did because you assumed wrongly. When I responded that I did not want responses of "check the guides" or "do a search" because I already had, you responded by acting even more rude. Frankly, your comments are some of the most egotistical I have come across here at VJ.

And a troll is a person who purposely posts rude comments to start trouble. After I made it perfectly clear that if you had nothing kind or helpful to say that you should stay out of my thread, you responded with more rudeness (more trolling). I really do not understand why you simply could not be nice and either help, or just stay out of the thread. You know, I post multiple times a day in the SE Asia thread and we are all friendly and we all get along. Never has this sort of thing happened. Not once.

Yodrak, since when did I say I would not contact the person you told me about? Looks you are making assumptions too.

SOME people here have been exceptionally helpful to me and I thank them for it.

Matt, it is of course tempting to reply to you in kind. Your answer is one of the rudest I've ever received at VJ ore elsewhere & I'd suggest that you didn't take care to read carefully what I wrote carefully. You might also not remember the help I've extended to you before.

As for trollish, I'll assume from your context that you don't know what it means, as it clearly isn't a term that applies to me.

I'm sure the drama is all very exciting to you, but you are not the first to come along and get a fiance visa from VN, and plenty of people have put in considerable effort writing out these answers before. Maybe it's just the way you phrase your questions, but they read to me as if you had not done an research and are merely stepping up to place your order for an answer at the VJ helpline.

FWIW, I used my real estate, and my investment accounts (stocks and bonds) in my affidavit of support (when I was unemployed and had no income), and as you see in my profile, we're at the naturalization phase (read: so I was successful & you're in a similar situation to my old one).

I suspect the reason you get the "obnoxious" or "unhelpful" replies to your questions lies in the questions you ask or the way you ask them. Try that on. If it fits, fine. If not, fine.

My reply is factual and to the point. If you want a level of handholding that requires more than just the facts, then again, a professional is your best bet--I'm not one to get all breathless with you; I give you the information and/or the tools to find it. considering the contributions I've made to the community, you're pretty far out of line with your comments to me and about me.

I consider many of your posts obnoxious (this thread for starters), and yet I still contribute helpful info to you. Since it's abundantly clear that you'd rather enjoy your drama, I'll leave you to it and hope for the best for you. I don't know how you will determine what is a correct answer from what is not a correct answer, which is why I say 'hope'.

And, I *do* wish you well.

Edited by Matt_Stevens

I'm sorry you're not getting the help you need, Matt, and I hope you can find what you're looking for. But calling meauxna a troll is just laughable.

The definition of a troll is someone who comes into an established community (such as an online discussion forum) and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed to annoy and antagonize the existing members.

M is a long standing member who posts all over the board, and has helped many people (myself included). If her posts annoyed you or antagonized you in some way, that's your interpretation and right, but it doesn't make her a troll by any stretch of the imagination.

That said, please let us know what you find out as far as documenting your cosponsor's assets. I know that the information will help others who will be in your same situation.

SA4userbar.jpg

You can turn into a troll when you are rude and ####### on a thread. Meauxna has been a help to me in the past, which is why it was so unsettling for her/him (no idea this person's gender) to come in here and accuse me of asking for "hand holding" and a "free ride."

I have spent about 20 hours a week researching the petition for my fiancee and it has been a long hard road filled with frustration. The guides and FAQs here do have amazing information, but they ARE clearly missing critical info for those of us going through hellish consulates.

When someone asks for help they should not be told "Read the guides" or "do a search" or any other such nonsense, especially when the person posting states very clearly (as I did) that they HAVE searched and that they have checked all of the guides multiple times.

Please examine meauxna's first post in this thread...

"Use the search" Uh, hello, I did already, as I stated in the post he/she was responding to. Did he/she not even read it?

"You can not figure out how to document stock/bond values?" So I guess I am just stupid then, huh? There was simply no reason for him/her to act as though I am a child and a moron.

:(

I am sure this thread will continue to go on with the heated BS but it is what it is. Some people here have posted very useful information and I thank them for doing that.

Edited by Matt_Stevens

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about what is a troll and what isn't, but to me, posts perceived as unhelpful does not a troll make.

I hope you find what you're looking for to help with your documentation.

SA4userbar.jpg

It wasn't that her post was unhelpful. It's that she was rude to me.

And believe me, once Anh has her interview I will post exactly what she had with her, what worked, everything. This way there will be a record of all what is needed.

Edited by Matt_Stevens

And believe me, once Anh has her interview I will post exactly what she had with her, what worked, everything. This way there will be a record of all what is needed.

:thumbs:

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.