9 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone on this forum. Thanks for all who participate, and I wish everyone success with their Visa Journey.

FEEBACK ON THIS PLEASE----->

My wife and I were married in December 2007. We were married during her visit here while she was traveling on a B2 six month tourist visa. The only documents she had in hand at the time was a Dominican Passport, with an American Visa and her I94.

We mailed in AOS documentation along with Advance Payroll and Employment Authorization in February. We are in the "pipeline" with biometrics finished, now waiting on a touch, a transfer, or possibly interview, or if we are lucky we just find approval of all documents in our mailbox. ONE CAN WISH!

Our church has invited us to be part of a mission trip to Ecuador. It would be a 10 day trip in July. They are in desperate need of a Spanish Translator for this trip, and my wife is fluent in Spanish and English, and also has a degree in Elementary Education (they are working on building a new school in Ecuador) we would really like to be a part of this mission trip, but we understand that it may not work out this time.

CAN MY WIFE ATTEND?

We are expecting Advance Parole document anytime.

We are expecting EAD anytime.

If the EAD & APD are approved and arrive in April as suggested by the "possible timelines" that are a part of this website could she then attend?

What would be the process of leaving for a trip to Ecuador with a Dominican Passport with Advance Parole? Could it work? Would it worK?

All feedback would be very helpful. Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone that can elaborate on this situation.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
CAN MY WIFE ATTEND?

We are expecting Advance Parole document anytime.

We are expecting EAD anytime.

If the EAD & APD are approved and arrive in April as suggested by the "possible timelines" that are a part of this website could she then attend?

What would be the process of leaving for a trip to Ecuador with a Dominican Passport with Advance Parole? Could it work? Would it worK?

All feedback would be very helpful. Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone that can elaborate on this situation.

If your wife receives her AP before the July trip of course she can leave the country and come back w/o any problems. However keep in mind that if you are expecting the AP in April and planning on leaving for 10 days on July, there is also a possibility that you will be receiving your interview appointment as well. For example, I received my EAD on the 2nd week of January and the interview Notice on Feb 1st. We are scheduled until Apr. 17th, which was about 2 months and a half after we received the appointment letter. Keep in mind that some people that submitted before or after me were schedule before or after me, it all depends on your local office not the time of filing. Some people that submitted all the documents after us, already have their greencard and we are still waiting to go to our interview :P

And regarding your last question, yes it will work she just needs to bring all the documentation she receives with her AP, and provide it to the immigration officer on her way back, make a search in this forum, I'm pretty sure you will find a more detailed prior thread by somebody that has already experienced this since I didn't apply for the AP, I'm not quite sure exactly what the process will be like.

Good luck and keep in mind the timeline of events!!

Edited by GueraYTavo

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't see a problem with the trip. By July you definitley should have your AP if you already applied and it is valid for one year.

Yes, there is a chance they will schedule your Interview right in that time, but honestly, I doubt it will be in exactly those ten days she would be gone.

THe interview notice would be send ahead of time, so if it should really interfere with your travel plans, you will still have the chance to cancel the trip.

Maybe sge should tell the people who organize the trip about the situation, so that nobody will have a bad surprise.

But yes, I think she will be fine!

Just don't book any tickets until her AP arrives, just to be on the safe side!!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

I am a bit confused (typical American reaction, we have passport, we go where ever we want basically) about her traveling to Ecuador. She just uses her Dominican Passport?

The reason I ask this is because Dominicans typically must acquire a Visa for most every country they would consider visiting. This is where I do not know what happens? She will just book her trip like a typical American with a passport, except she will use her Dominican Passport along with her Advance Parole document? Once we arrive in Ecuador they will honor the American travel document along with her Dominican Passport and allow her to enter and exit the country??? The Americans will honor it upon return to the States as well? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

The AP is ONLY for re-entry to the States. It has nothing to do with Ecuadoran immigration. If Dominicans need a visa to go there, then she will have to apply for one before she goes.

The only time things will change is once she obtains citizenship and is traveling with an American passport.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Thanks for your reply. So she will need a visa from the Ecuador consulate in the Dominican Republic? Wow, this seems to be getting more difficult by the minute. Maybe trying to make this mission trip while on this American Visa Journey is asking to much. I cannot understand how you obtain a visa from another country while you are living in the states?

I think what you are are saying is this-->

Get AP

Get Visa from the Dominicans (while she is here in the States) I have no idea how this could be accomplished.

And after all this it might work.

Please someone advise. Thanks

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thanks for your reply. So she will need a visa from the Ecuador consulate in the Dominican Republic? Wow, this seems to be getting more difficult by the minute. Maybe trying to make this mission trip while on this American Visa Journey is asking to much. I cannot understand how you obtain a visa from another country while you are living in the states?

I think what you are are saying is this-->

Get AP

Get Visa from the Dominicans (while she is here in the States) I have no idea how this could be accomplished.

And after all this it might work.

Please someone advise. Thanks

Dominican Republic Citizens don't need a visa to travel to Ecuador up to 90 days a year.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...rt_information/

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Wow!! That is what I love about this forum, I knew of the Delta website, but had forgotten about it. My wife (from the DR) was convinced, and had me convinced that she needed a visa. Good news! Now we just wait. Hopefully the parole document will arrive in time for us to go together on this mission trip.

You helped so much.

Thanks and God Bless.

Wow!! That is what I love about this forum, I knew of the Delta website, but had forgotten about it. My wife (from the DR) was convinced, and had me convinced that she needed a visa. Good news! Now we just wait. Hopefully the parole document will arrive in time for us to go together on this mission trip.

You helped so much.

Thanks and God Bless.

Now let`s pray for a speedy AP approval!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.