Lansbury

The Joys of the US medical system

70 posts in this topic

quote]

Shame we can't have the quality of US health care at NHS costs. Bottom line is neither is better than the other there is good and bad in both.

True. I'd rather have NHS quality though thanks, i've worked in US and UK healthcare and feel the standards are far higher in the UK. The hospitals aren't shiney and new, granted, appearances go along way.

It always disappoints me when some people bash the NHS, these people really don't have a clue just how good it is. And as someone earlier said, if you don't like it, go private - and be treated by NHS staff doing overtime haha!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did I say YOU??? I said some americans. Its not everyone. sheesh. I was using some of the statistics from that film Sicko. lol i probably jujed them a little but its around that mark. CALM DOWN!!

sorry to hear about your father its really sad, and MRSA will attack someones immune system that has been compromised, but especially so if they are elderly.

My mum has been working in the NHS for nearly 35 years, as yet MRSA cases are not epidemic proportions in the NHS not that we would want them to be, even one case is one case too much however in proportion to the thousands of americans dying or infirm from serious illness, the old, the poor, because they cant afford healthcare in the USA its like comparing a mouse to an elephant.

I assume this was intended for me. And trust me, I'm calm -- I have no idea what 'jujed' means, though.

Any statistics that come from Michael Moore would make me dubious anyway.

And it wasn't my father - it was my husband's father, and he wasn't what I'd consider 'elderly', but thanks. I don't recall saying MRSA was epidemic there, either, but alas!

This thread is no different than the 2000000 others I've ever been in about the NHS/US health system. People who LOVED the NHS aren't going to admit to it's shortcomings, while those of us who aren't so keen on it are seen as people who think the US system is perfect (note: it is NOT).

SSDD, which is why I got 'calm' about it after the 199th time I'd discussed it.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
did I say YOU??? I said some americans. Its not everyone. sheesh. I was using some of the statistics from that film Sicko. lol i probably jujed them a little but its around that mark. CALM DOWN!!

sorry to hear about your father its really sad, and MRSA will attack someones immune system that has been compromised, but especially so if they are elderly.

My mum has been working in the NHS for nearly 35 years, as yet MRSA cases are not epidemic proportions in the NHS not that we would want them to be, even one case is one case too much however in proportion to the thousands of americans dying or infirm from serious illness, the old, the poor, because they cant afford healthcare in the USA its like comparing a mouse to an elephant.

I know for a fact the issues that Tracy had with the NHS and, in her case (or hubby's) she is pretty justified in her POV.

I myself, who also worked for the NHS for 10 years, have nothing but praise for the system, but I've not got my blinkers on with regards to it. There are issues in the system, especially depending on where you live and what NHS trust you belong to.

The American and British systems are so different I actually don't think we can compare either of them to one another. But, the majority of us moved to the USA and the healthcare system isn't going to change, so I suggest that we just get used to it and adapt. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I assume this was intended for me. And trust me, I'm calm -- I have no idea what 'jujed' means, though.

And it wasn't my father - it was my husband's father, and he wasn't what I'd consider 'elderly', but thanks. I don't recall saying MRSA was epidemic there, either, but alas!

This thread is no different than the 2000000 others I've ever been in about the NHS/US health system. People who LOVED the NHS aren't going to admit to it's shortcomings, while those of us who aren't so keen on it are seen as people who think the US system is perfect (note: it is NOT).

SSDD, which is why I got 'calm' about it after the 199th time I'd discussed it.

greaaaat!

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

I can agree with that statement.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-healthcare.htm Edited by govols

Karen ( USA ) and Tony ( UK ) now both residing in USA!!

2/28/05- I-129F sent to TSC

7/29/05- Interview date- Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/06/05-Tony comes home to Tennessee!!!

10/08/05-WE'RE MARRIED!!! I love this man!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/26/05-filed for emergency AP

11/29/05-filed for AOS/EAD

03/07/06-online EAD approval

03/10/06-received EAD in post and passed driving test (Wow what a day)

07/26/06-AOS Interview---APPROVED!!!!!!

07/31/06-received 'Welcome to America' Letter

08/07/06-received Green card in post wooooooooohoooooooo

03/30/09-received approval to remove conditions!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.