Nutty

Good suggestions needed for buying

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Here is a dilemma...

The last time I went shopping to buy gifts for in-laws/friends in Iran, my husband kept saying, "we have that in Iran. This is not so special..."

So, if any of you know of nice, American, gift for a couple I would appreciate it.

I went on ebay and bought tons of perfume samples and small bottles of all kinds of perfumes and make up samples. They were a HUGE hit. You can often buy lots of mens perfumes and lotions and womens perfumes and lotions. That way you have something for everyone. Barbies are also not easy to find over there and real matchbox cars and little toys like brats dolls. But the perfumes worked out the very best for me

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i always pack liquids in a ziplock and then a towel or lots of clothes around them. haven't had anything break yet *knocks on wood!!!

that reminds me.. i brought a HUGE costco bag of pecans to morocco thinking they didn't have them there..but i guess it turns out they do. they enjoyed them anyway! :)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What I brought that was a hit:

grated romano cheese

all different flavors that I could find of Trident gum

twizzlers

Lindt's dark chocolate truffles

yankee candles - different flavors

bath and body works - mini ones in different scents

nail stickers

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Sereia,

Iranians get P*#n over their satallite dishes from the WEST (europe specifically). So it's available in all forms.

Gotta admit, this is probably where most middle eastern people get the idea western, non muslim, people have no morals. Oh from that and from comments like the one Charlesandnessa offered.

Smoked Salmon is a great idea too!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh from that and from comments like the one Charlesandnessa offered.

apparently you have no sense of humor. sucks to be you.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

REALITY CHECK....

1) There is such a thing as black market in Iran. I was able to get booze without a problem. It's legal to drink if you are Christian or Zoastrian.

2) As mentioned, most Iranians have satallite dishes and receive XX adult images for FREE.

3) Even pork (wild boar) is available in the countryside and is also available if you are not muslim.

Timeline

I do have a sense of humour. BUT NOT TODAY!

I am asking about the gift thing because I am seriously ready to just pack up and leave the US.

You be seperate from your wife for a year and with your case in AP till God knows when....

Edited by Nutty

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I do have a sense of humour. BUT NOT TODAY!

I am asking about the gift thing because I am seriously ready to just pack up and leave the US.

huh? pack up and leave the usa? is this gonna be a one way trip?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Possibly.

i would if i were you! if your husband has a good job there and you seem to love it in india and where ever else so much, why NOT go? :)

My husband lives in Iran, not India.

He has an ok job, but not great in Iran.

He can not get a long term visa (like me) for India.

Edited by Nutty

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

How about gardening, if they like that kind of thing. You can get a book on american gardens, some of the plants that just grow here. Some of the southern gardens in america are breathtaking. Just a idea, it is a hard one, that is for sure.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.