w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Aryan Guard celebrates White Pride World Day in Calgary

329 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
If everybody who has issues w/race or at least loves to talk about them over and over would be as intelligent as Mr. Morgan Freeman, racial issues would cease to exist in this planet,

Quote from his wiki bios,

"Freeman has publicly criticized the celebration of Black History Month and does not participate in any related events, saying, "I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history."[8] He says the only way to end racism is to stop talking about it, and he notes that there is no "white history month". Freeman once said on an interview with 60 Minutes' Mike Wallace: "I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man."

I salute you and AMEN to that SIR!

There is no "white history month" because the whole history curriculum is 'white' history (I am using the term sparingly). If history books were written since before Contact; they would include not only 'Black history"; but more than half the text (ok, say 40%) would be about Native American History. Or what, weren't they here before the Colonies? Same issue is now being debated in Canada, when it comes to the curricular redesign in at least, Saskatchewan. First Nations are pressing -and rightly so- to have their history included in the school curriculum.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Australia's population, last I checked, is something like 92% white. How many of these 1 in 4 born overseas are from Europe?

In any case, I'm not sure how your Australian upbringing makes you some kind of expert on race relations in the U.S.

I am not expert on race relations in the US, actually far from. But either are you guys (#6, Ph etc). So why act as if you are?

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

There is no "white history month" because the whole history curriculum is 'white' history (I am using the term sparingly). If history books were written since before Contact; they would include not only 'Black history"; but more than half the text (ok, say 40%) would be about Native American History. Or what, weren't they here before the Colonies? Same issue is now being debated in Canada, when it comes to the curricular redesign in at least, Saskatchewan. First Nations are pressing -and rightly so- to have their history included in the school curriculum.

Being in a text book and being celebrated are two completely different things.

For example, not that I have any issue with the following magazines but had the word black been replaced with white or had they been targeted / marketed to Caucasians; Forgetaboutit.. Jesse Jackson would be demanding an apology.

• African American Golfer's Digest
  • Black Men's Swimsuit Extra
  • Black Men
  • Black Enterprise
  • Upscale
  • Sister 2 Sister
  • American Legacy

The problem I have is the double standards of race in America. Equality means everyone being allowed, for example, to produce such publications for their cultural groups without being branded a racist.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

For example, not that I have any issue with the following magazines but had the word black been replaced with white or had they been targeted / marketed to Caucasians; Forgetaboutit.. Jesse Jackson would be demanding an apology.

• Black Men
  • Black Enterprise
  • Upscale
  • Sister 2 Sister
  • American Legacy
The problem I have is the double standards of race in America. Equality means everyone being allowed, for example, to produce such publications for their cultural groups without being branded a racist.

Who was talking about magazines? :blink: I was talking about school curriculum, but apparently you base a lot of things on mass market media. More power to you - not taking the bait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

• Black Men
  • Black Enterprise
  • Upscale
  • Sister 2 Sister
  • American Legacy

where is my white entertainment television (wet)? :ranting:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Australia's population, last I checked, is something like 92% white. How many of these 1 in 4 born overseas are from Europe?

In any case, I'm not sure how your Australian upbringing makes you some kind of expert on race relations in the U.S.

I am not expert on race relations in the US, actually far from. But either are you guys (#6, Ph etc). So why act as if you are?

I wouldn't say I'm acting as if I am, but I did grow up in the U.S., went to an integrated public school, and (gasp) actually have American black friends. None of that makes me an expert, however, but I feel I have a bit more understanding of the issues than you do.

Your posts are consistently combative and don't seem to contain any original thought or analysis. Many of your contributions could easily be right-wing radio transcripts. You mentioned in a previous thread that you don't know any American black people, yet you feel free to make judgments. Many of us have suggested that you learn just a little bit of U.S. history, and your response is, "here we go again."

Your solution, I guess, is for black people to be more like black TV and movie stars.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

• Black Men
  • Black Enterprise
  • Upscale
  • Sister 2 Sister
  • American Legacy

It's called Friends.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Who was talking about magazines? :blink: I was talking about school curriculum, but apparently you base a lot of things on mass market media. More power to you - not taking the bait.

Its not bait at all. I cannot comment on the curriculum because I have never been to school in the Unites States. Whereas I can comment on what I see in my everyday life here. Hence why I discussed black history month in comparison to actually 'celebrating' the astonishing achievements of Caucasians in the country; and in the world considering American is part of an international community. Considering everyone single one of us, our your spouses, was born overseas.

CMT?

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

If you had that you would be racist..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

• Black Men
  • Black Enterprise
  • Upscale
  • Sister 2 Sister
  • American Legacy

It's called Friends.

Hey, I know black people who watch Friends! But to be fair, they're pretty much white - you know, the Sydney Poitier types.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I wouldn't put much stock into school textbooks. Most aren't written well and usually tend to skip over important events. For instance, I recall having one history textbook that included 20 pages over Women's Suffrage (the right to vote) and one small paragraph dedicated to all of World War I.

While women getting the right to vote in the U.S. was important, I'd say that the first world war was pretty damn important too. This class was not over "women's studies" or anything so focused. It was merely a general World History course.

So if some textbooks decide to leave out experiences met by minorities, I wouldn't take it to heart. If textbooks are leaving out (or greatly minimizing) events that literally shaped the last century, then I have no doubt in my mind whatever school textbooks write about isn't to be taken too seriously.

• Black Men
  • Black Enterprise
  • Upscale
  • Sister 2 Sister
  • American Legacy

I don't think anyone would object to, say, Latvian Golfer, but the circulation would be pretty small.

K-1

AOS

I wouldn't say I'm acting as if I am, but I did grow up in the U.S., went to an integrated public school, and (gasp) actually have American black friends. None of that makes me an expert, however, but I feel I have a bit more understanding of the issues than you do.

Your posts are consistently combative and don't seem to contain any original thought or analysis. Many of your contributions could easily be right-wing radio transcripts. You mentioned in a previous thread that you don't know any American black people, yet you feel free to make judgments. Many of us have suggested that you learn just a little bit of U.S. history, and your response is, "here we go again."

Your solution, I guess, is for black people to be more like black TV and movie stars.

Great but we are not talking about another thread are we. I am talking about double standards. Where what is acceptable for someone black to say, or do, is not equally acceptable for someone white to do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

CMT?

:bonk: why the connection of country to white entertainment tv?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!