w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Aryan Guard celebrates White Pride World Day in Calgary

329 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

front-nazis.jpg

Mar 21 is the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, but “pro-white” activists, including those in Alberta, have given the date another name: White Pride World Wide Day.

According to a flyer distributed by Calgary’s Aryan Guard, “We, a local White Civil rights [sic] activist group are hosting a march on March 21st as a declaration of our freedom and pride.”

"White Pride is clearly and solely a euphemism for hatred,” agrees Jason Devine, a public spokesperson with the group Anti-Racist Action (ARA) Calgary. He points to the Aryan Guard’s website as proof. "It’s completely disingenuous. They say they’re non-violent, but pose with weapons. These people have violent tendencies, at the very least."

Devine should know. The house he shares with his fiancée and four children was firebombed on Feb 12 in an attack he believes was orchestrated by Aryan Guard members. While no one was hurt, Devine says that the message behind the attack is clear: his activism has made his family a target.

Intimidation and violence by racists are nothing new to Alberta. In the early 1990s, a group calling itself "The Final Solution" (referring to the Nazi plan to exterminate the European Jewish population during the Second World War) moved into Edmonton and brought with it a culture of violence that culminated in the highly publicized 1990 attack on Keith Rutherford.

In the past year, Aryan Guard members have been putting up posters, handing out leaflets and responding to anti-racist rallies with their own protests. They hold regular meetings and are said to be actively recruiting, particularly among city youth.

The Aryan Guard refused to comment, responding via email, “We have made it our standered [sic] practice not to speak to any main stream [sic] media or people representing any such media! We will give our own report on it to our own sources of media, who we know will not try to pervert our words for the favour of there [sic] leftist papers or for the sales of there [sic] papers!”

http://www.vueweekly.com/article.php?id=8110

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

white pride = bad

black pride = good

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Being proud to be white? What does that even mean? I have never identified myself as White and I certainly wouldn't join an organisation who's sole raison d'etre was to promote being white. Doesn't it even offend you that these people use names like 'The Final Solution' and 'Aryan Guard' I would have thought that one Nazi Germany would have been enough for anyone, I guess not.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

black pride = focus on positivity, self-worth, self-betterment, community, groovy music (generalization)

white pride = focus on anger, white superiority, fires, snarling (generalization)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Snarling? Do they practice the snarl? I would like to be a fly on the wall of snarling practice, that would be entertaining.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
black pride = focus on positivity, self-worth, self-betterment, community, groovy music (generalization)

white pride = focus on anger, white superiority, fires, snarling (generalization)

So, Black Pride (and let's not forget "Brown Pride") activists have never been angry or violent or advocated violence.... got it.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

So, Black Pride (and let's not forget "Brown Pride") activists have never been angry or violent or advocated violence.... got it.

Generalization is a key word here.

These movements are clearly different in what they advocate, in stated purpose, and in origin.

Also, Black Power and Black Pride are distinct.

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

These movements are clearly different in what they advocate, in stated purpose, and in origin.

Ah, ok, I'll conceed that point. Personally, I have no problem with people being proud of who they are, as long as they are ok with others being proud of who they are, and don't define their pride in terms of their not being something else. And I don't care what ethnicity someone is, I'll accept no excuses for disgusting behavour from anyone.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Being proud to be white? What does that even mean? I have never identified myself as White and I certainly wouldn't join an organisation who's sole raison d'etre was to promote being white. Doesn't it even offend you that these people use names like 'The Final Solution' and 'Aryan Guard' I would have thought that one Nazi Germany would have been enough for anyone, I guess not.

About as little as it does to be "white" in my opinion.

Just as there are all sorts of "white people" in the world, there are also all sorts of "black people" here too. To be clear, I'm not speaking of individual personalities. I'm talking about nationalities. A "white man" could be from any country on the planet, just as a "black man" could as well. The mere color of one's skin is little reason to be proud of anything; what your country (and that nation's people) have done in the past, as well as your own actions, are good reasons to be proud.

Ah, ok, I'll conceed that point. Personally, I have no problem with people being proud of who they are, as long as they are ok with others being proud of who they are, and don't define their pride in terms of their not being something else. And I don't care what ethnicity someone is, I'll accept no excuses for disgusting behavour from anyone.

I think that's exactly the issue with white pride. The white pride movement, such as it is, seems manufactured to exist in opposition to other ethnic pride movements, mostly black pride but certainly not exclusively. One of the central ideas is that there is some kind of white heritage that is, I guess, separate from specific European cultures and heritages.

Some say, "Why can't we have white pride? It's the same as black pride!" It manifestly isn't. Black populations tend to be concentrated in the U.S., and distinct black communities have developed as a result of generations of marginalization--much like minority populations all over the world. The same has not occurred in white America for obvious reasons. There is an overarching American culture, of course, but what sets it apart? And from what? Fast food? Big cars? Casseroles? I don't know.

Expressions of pride based on cultural or country origin are very common here. You see "Proud to be Irish" bumper stickers and the like all the time, and it's perfectly acceptable. No one takes offense because "Irish" (and other nationalities) is understood as a distinct culture. Why an American seven generations removed from Ireland feels this pride is another topic altogether, but suffice it to say that no one would take offense!

Another important distinction is that last I checked, black pride ideals don't express an anti-miscegenation position, which I'd say is significant. Plus, white pride doesn't really have a place for Jews. Except maybe Alicia Silverstone 'cuz she's hot.

K-1

AOS

Just the opposite. Guilt of color in itself is racist.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Just the opposite. Guilt of color in itself is racist.

As for me, I don't need to join an organization to be proud of myself. I certainly haven't done anything to be ashamed of myself. I have no guilt of being white.

I have seen quite a lot of posts by white folks on VJ where it is quite obvious they are on some sort of self hating white guilt trip. I really pity them. If you can't like yourself...#######?

As far as the group mentioned in this post...they are definitely militants. I don't go to such events.

I prefer going to Octoberfest, Slavic festivals, Italian festivals, Czech festivals, St. Patrick's Day, etc. to celebrate the white cultures. Food, fun, and festivities...that's what I like.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I prefer going to Octoberfest, Slavic festivals, Italian festivals, Czech festivals, St. Patrick's Day, etc. to celebrate the white cultures. Food, fun, and festivities...that's what I like.

YES.

And I add to that Japanese festivals, CHinese festivals, Mexican festivals, Martian festivals, Jovian festivals, and Lunar festivals too.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh right. i thought white pride meant apologizing for being white and feeling guilty.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

oh right. i thought white pride meant apologizing for being white and feeling guilty.

Na, that actually refers to the construct that was created to deviate the issue so nothing positive comes about.

Sounds from the Matrix, I know... :P

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.