Amby

Iron Chef VJ (sorta)

1,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I had milk with cereal today and the milk expired yesterday. If it smells nice and tastes good i don't see a problem :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
although it only takes common sense to figure out that if something was thawing it would be stoopid to freeze again :bonk:

That's exactly what I said to him. :wacko:

:lol: booty. men and kitchen don't always go together.

No, they don't. I think it was actually lost in translation somewhere though. He honestly thought I said freezer. I think because I said fridge, instead of refrigerator. Sometimes it's very obvious that his first language is not english. At any rate, the chicken is back in the refrigerator so it can thaw yet again. It'll probably kill us after all this freezing and thawing nonsense. :lol:

Booty, I wouldn't eat that chicken. Meat isn't suppose to be frozen and thawed twice before cooking. If it's cooked after the first thaw, then you can refreeze it. Most likely you'd be okay, but I wouldn't take my chances.

Well, I know most meat comes to the supermarket frozen already. Then it sits in refrigerated compartments and thaws. I take it home and freeze it again if I don't want to fix it right then. This one wasn't frozen when I bought it so basically it's been through the same process as most of the other meat I eat. I'll go ahead and try it. Hopefully we won't end up with some strange sickness.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline
yeah, I can understand. I can see me confusing it too. Same as oven and stove, I used to call both oven :lol:

so that's why i keep finding pizza on the stove........ :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
although it only takes common sense to figure out that if something was thawing it would be stoopid to freeze again :bonk:

That's exactly what I said to him. :wacko:

:lol: booty. men and kitchen don't always go together.

No, they don't. I think it was actually lost in translation somewhere though. He honestly thought I said freezer. I think because I said fridge, instead of refrigerator. Sometimes it's very obvious that his first language is not english. At any rate, the chicken is back in the refrigerator so it can thaw yet again. It'll probably kill us after all this freezing and thawing nonsense. :lol:

Booty, I wouldn't eat that chicken. Meat isn't suppose to be frozen and thawed twice before cooking. If it's cooked after the first thaw, then you can refreeze it. Most likely you'd be okay, but I wouldn't take my chances.

Well, I know most meat comes to the supermarket frozen already. Then it sits in refrigerated compartments and thaws. I take it home and freeze it again if I don't want to fix it right then. This one wasn't frozen when I bought it so basically it's been through the same process as most of the other meat I eat. I'll go ahead and try it. Hopefully we won't end up with some strange sickness.

s'alright, I won't give advice again...

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Jeez, no sense in getting your feelings hurt. You gave advice so I can choose to listen to it or not. Thanks for the advice but I'm not throwing a whole chicken out either. I don't make enough money for that. If we get sick then that's my problem. Someone needs to get their feelings off their shoulders.

Timeline
Jeez, no sense in getting your feelings hurt. You gave advice so I can choose to listen to it or not. Thanks for the advice but I'm not throwing a whole chicken out either. I don't make enough money for that. If we get sick then that's my problem. Someone needs to get their feelings off their shoulders.

No hurt feelings, it just seemed your original response to me was a bit defensive *shrug* If it wasn't, it wasn't. My mistake. Regardless, I should know that people rarely want advice unless they ask for it.

:ot2: Anywhooo, can we do something non-meat next week?

Edited by Sister Fracas

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Timeline
:pop: who woulda thought we'd have popcorn in a cooking thread?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

No hurt feelings, it just seemed your original response to me was a bit defensive *shrug* If it wasn't, it wasn't. My mistake. Regardless, I should know that people rarely want advice unless they ask for it.

Didn't mean for it to be defensive. I'm sorry it came across that way. No hard feelings. A non-meat item sounds good to me. Have any suggestions?

Charles, no popcorn today. I'm past that stage in my life. Arguing with someone on the internet is so last year. :lol: :lol:

Timeline

Didn't mean for it to be defensive. I'm sorry it came across that way. No hard feelings. A non-meat item sounds good to me. Have any suggestions?

Charles, no popcorn today. I'm past that stage in my life. Arguing with someone on the internet is so last year. :lol: :lol:

hmmm, pasta or cookies is all I can come up with... LOL

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Well you gotta still have your protein I guess, so why not something with beans or eggs? I've never had quiche. I did for a good while eat a lot of beans though, made lots of big nacho salads :P

Keeping in mind I probably won't "participate" :(:blush: So busy, blegh.

I've been wanting to try the weird veggie stuff at the store, the veggie sausage in particular. It's expensive but I think only maybe a dollar more than the real sausage. Like the big package kind that you cut into patties. Mmmm.

But you know it probably tastes terrible :(

Oh spinach and cheese lasagne is like the best thing ever btw you guys could do that or mexican something another with beans, I think sounds best :thumbs:

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Timeline
Well you gotta still have your protein I guess, so why not something with beans or eggs? I've never had quiche. I did for a good while eat a lot of beans though, made lots of big nacho salads :P

Keeping in mind I probably won't "participate" :(:blush: So busy, blegh.

I've been wanting to try the weird veggie stuff at the store, the veggie sausage in particular. It's expensive but I think only maybe a dollar more than the real sausage. Like the big package kind that you cut into patties. Mmmm.

But you know it probably tastes terrible :(

Oh spinach and cheese lasagne is like the best thing ever btw you guys could do that or mexican something another with beans, I think sounds best :thumbs:

you can have protein in pasta or cookies... LOL... cheese on pasta, nuts in cookies! :thumbs:

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Timeline

:crying:

lemme go find an illegal immigrant article :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *