August/September 2007 K-1 Filers

98 posts in this topic

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
thanks, I guessed that too, but I was just wanting more details because the poster said he got one from Australia, and I'm Australian and didn't have to submit this, so I assume it's a requirement specific to certain embassies, and I was interested in knowing which ones :)

(i'm a she by the way ;) )

It's Embassy specific as far as I know...Asia and Central/South America mostly. While I am am Australian, I live (and filed) in Costa Rica.

Sorry to confuse!! :whistle:

AOS Timeline

April 18, 2008 Civil Wedding at the courthouse

April 25. 2008 AOS packet sent to Chicago

April 29, 2008 AOS packet delivered

May 5, 2008 Receipt date for I-485, I-765 & I-131

May 9, 2008 NOA's & Biometrics Appointment letter received

May 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

June 6, 2008 Case transferred to CSC

July 8, 2008 AP Approved

July 14, 2008 EAD Approved

October 10, 2008 I-485 Approved

October 14, 2008 Green card received

I-129F Timeline

Sept 13, 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 15, 2007 I-129F received at VSC at 2:32pm

Sept 17, 2007 NOA1 Receipt

Jan 25, 2008 NOA2 Receipt

Jan 31, 2008 NVC received approved petition from USCIS, VT

Feb 4, 2008 NVC letter received with new case number & Petition forwarded to San Jose, Costa Rica

Feb 7, 2008 DHL package signed for by R MORA at San Jose Embassy

Mar 5, 2008 Picked up packet & scheduled interview for Mar 14th

Mar 7, 2008 Blood work & Xray medicals complete

Mar 10, 2008 Physical & vaccinations complete

Mar 14, 2008 Interview - receive 221(g) for missing Single certificate for Costa Rica

Mar 26, 2008 Pick up completed Single Cert from the Registro Civil & deliver to Embassy

Apr 2, 2008 Deliver Australian Single status cert to Embassy

Apr 8, 2008 Approved!! Visa in hand same day :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hmmmm...sooo...any August/September filers out there who have actually received visas and together with their SO's here in the US? :D

Well, I've been absent for a few days, and missed the beginning of a new forum. Dang!

Okay, so, I'm one of those August filers. As most of you probably already know, we've received our visa and arrived back to US on March 5th. We were married on March 13th and are now getting the next set of docs together for the AOS.

We are now also getting ready for the birth of our baby, due in just over a month. It's been a lot of work and also a lot of fun getting everything arranged, getting my wife on my insurance plan, with the doctors, getting everyting set up at home, etc...

Check my always up to date List of I-129F filers waiting for NOA2s. Now with some statistics. The data is from the VJ.com timelines.

I-129F Timeline

06/Aug/2007 I-129F sent to CSC, 24/Jan/2008 NOA2 171 days, 27/Feb/2008 Interview, 05/Mar/2008 Arrived together to US; POE SFO, 13/Mar/2008 Married!

10/May/2008 Our daughter Sophia was born, weighing in at 3.895kg (8lb 9.4oz) and 53.5 cm long (21.06").

AOS Timeline

01/Jul/2008 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP docs, 08/Jul/2008 NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130, 29/Jul/2008 Biometrics, 22/Oct/2008 AOS interview, 04/Nov/2008 Green card received!

Igor/Игорь 3dflags_usa0001-0002a.gif & 3dflags_rus0001-0002a.gif Элина/Elina

Filed: Timeline
Hmmmm...sooo...any August/September filers out there who have actually received visas and together with their SO's here in the US? :D

Well, I've been absent for a few days, and missed the beginning of a new forum. Dang!

Okay, so, I'm one of those August filers. As most of you probably already know, we've received our visa and arrived back to US on March 5th. We were married on March 13th and are now getting the next set of docs together for the AOS.

We are now also getting ready for the birth of our baby, due in just over a month. It's been a lot of work and also a lot of fun getting everything arranged, getting my wife on my insurance plan, with the doctors, getting everyting set up at home, etc...

Hey welcome back Igor!! And congratulations on your marriage and impending arrival!

Hi everyone,

Ive been back in Wyoming with my fiance for a couple of weeks now after entering on my K1 visa, and it's great to be home with my wife to be and our babies. I couldn't believe how much the babies had changed in the month I had to return to the UK for my medical and interview and also play the waiting game. I was gutted to have to leave, but I'd been in the USA for 90 days so had no other option. The babies are now laughing and being playful and are so much more aware of their surroundings than when I had to leave.. they are the most gorgeous, sweet things, and I'm really happy to be a stay home dad for the time being. Laura has now returned to work this week after her maternity leave, but I intend to live off my savings for at least a year or so to spend the time with my kids and find my feet in the USA. Plus Laura can't give up work to look after the girls as we need her medical insurance for the babies - the bills so far have surpassed $90,000 since their birth in December, which would have been obscene if Laura wasn't insured.

It's fantastic to wake up every day knowing I will never have to leave again, (even if it is to a screaming baby wanting to be fed/changed/some attention, etc.), and we also set a date yesterday for the wedding - June 4th. Everything is starting to move fast again now - we've are also in the process of asking Laura's brothers and their wives to be god parents to one of our twin girls each.

My mother has confirmed she will come to the wedding today, (I gave her a cheque to cover any flights and spending money she'd need before I left as a thankyou for letting me stay with her while I was back in the UK as I sold my house while in the USA around Christmas), but it's great for her to confirm she can make the date, it means I will actually have at least one person from my side of the family at the wedding!

I've just come on VJ tonight to find out what i need to do to apply for a SSN and have printed off the relevant stuff I need - I hope to get this done Friday when Laura will be home and able to look after the girls so I can drive down to the local SS office. Once again VJ has proven invaluable in steering me in the right direction.

All the best to all the August and September filers that have recently arrived in the USA, or will shortly be doing so, this is a great thread to continue keeping in touch.

Darren.

Edited by Darren&Laura

I-129F K-1 Timeline

08/11/07 I-129F package sent to NSC

03/11/08 Interview - APPROVED

03/14/08 K1 Visa Received

03/17/08 Entered USA on Visa

06/04/08 Wedding

I-485 AOS Timeline

07/02/08 I-485 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox with I-765 Employment Application. (Received 5th)

07/11/08 Check cashed

07/10/08 I-797C NOA's sent for both I-485 and I-765 (Received on 15th)

07/17/08 I-797C Biometrics appointment letter sent (Received on 21st)

08/02/08 Biometrics appointment in Denver, Colorado.

09/05/08 EAD Approved

09/09/08 EAD Card Production Ordered

09/10/08 EAD Card issued (Received 15th)

10/24/08 Interview Letter Received

12/08/08 INTERVIEW - APPROVED

12/08/08 2 Year Permanent Resident Card sent, (Received 14th)

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline

10/04/10 I-751 Package sent to California Service Center (Delivered 6th Oct. @ 9:25am)

10/06/10 I-751 NOA1 issued, (received 14th Oct.)

11/29/10 Biometrics Appointment (Received letter 8th Nov, dated 1st Nov.)

02/03/11 APPROVED - 10 Year Green-Card production ordered.

02/14/11 10 Year Green card received in mail.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

12-22-17 N-400 package sent in Phoenix Lock Box
12-27-17 Package received at Phoenix Lock Box and I-797 NOA sent to me.
01-17-18 Biometrics Appointment in Denver, CO (I missed this as no appointment letter was received.)
03-22-18 I found out about missed appointment and contacted USCIS to reschedule.
05-20-18 Biometrics appointment. (Biometrics reviewed by USCIS on 05-21-18)
08-30-18 USCIS Naturalization Interview (Notice sent 07-25-18)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Thanx for starting this thread mox. My SO will have her interview on thursday i am very excited but a lil nervous at the same time. We are almost there.

Our Timeline:

08/20/07-----Mailed I-129F to CSC

08/21/07-----Recieved at CSC

09/26/07-----NOA1

02/06/08-----Touched (RFE Trick) and approved the same day.

02/07/08-----NOA2 VIA Cris E-mail

02/11/08-----NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

02/25/08-----Received at NVC

02/27/08-----Left NVC

03/03/08-----Received at Embassy

04/03/08-----Interview! APPROVED!!! YEA YEA YEAH

04/08/08-----VISA In Hand!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!

04/18/08-----She's finally coming home POA IAD!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I am in Washington for another 2 weeks then I leave and put in the rest of our K1 paperwork when I get back to the UK. I have learned this past few months that good things come to those who wait....at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am going to use this extra time to tie up some loose ends. Angela x

Gratzies :) I feel like an old horse who stopped just short of the finish line :(

Hang in there kiddo. :(

You getting very close i bet if tells like time is standing still......but ur almost there......we all praying for u....... :)

I know - it is just really frustrating now - I just want to get it all out of the way - someone from the UK who sent their packet 3 off a day before me got their packet 4 yesterday and their interview date is 25th April... My mum wanted my interview next week so she could come with me to London but that is looking very unlikely... never say never though - I just hope after all this that I can arrange my med for the same day...

Welcome back Igor! We missed you!! :D I never realised Elina was pregnant! Gratzies!! I must have just been in my own little bubble :D How great that it all came together in time for you to be together when your baby is born :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Congrats to everyone, and special congrats to those with the new bundles of joy. My fiance arrives on the 30th of April, and our wedding will be on 7/6. I am so excited.

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Jeraly, when did you say you were travelling? that could have made some difference...

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

To my *cough* INTERVIEW DATE *cough* you mean?!

Nah - I put June 30th :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just a little update: my fiancee's interview on May 12 on Mumbai consulate. Case went to Mumbai in Feb and we sent packet 3 on Feb 22nd. They take a long time to set up interview. I hope all goes all and good luck to everybody who has arrived USA. Wish you all happy married life!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

So, visa in hand yesterday afternoon!! Finally :)

I had many hoops to jump through for the US Embassy here in Costa Rica (seems they rarely deal with applicants from a third party country, and many barriers ensued...) , but it seems my tricks finally paid off :lol:

See you over on the new thread!!

:dance:

Edited by vanessaandbrent

AOS Timeline

April 18, 2008 Civil Wedding at the courthouse

April 25. 2008 AOS packet sent to Chicago

April 29, 2008 AOS packet delivered

May 5, 2008 Receipt date for I-485, I-765 & I-131

May 9, 2008 NOA's & Biometrics Appointment letter received

May 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

June 6, 2008 Case transferred to CSC

July 8, 2008 AP Approved

July 14, 2008 EAD Approved

October 10, 2008 I-485 Approved

October 14, 2008 Green card received

I-129F Timeline

Sept 13, 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 15, 2007 I-129F received at VSC at 2:32pm

Sept 17, 2007 NOA1 Receipt

Jan 25, 2008 NOA2 Receipt

Jan 31, 2008 NVC received approved petition from USCIS, VT

Feb 4, 2008 NVC letter received with new case number & Petition forwarded to San Jose, Costa Rica

Feb 7, 2008 DHL package signed for by R MORA at San Jose Embassy

Mar 5, 2008 Picked up packet & scheduled interview for Mar 14th

Mar 7, 2008 Blood work & Xray medicals complete

Mar 10, 2008 Physical & vaccinations complete

Mar 14, 2008 Interview - receive 221(g) for missing Single certificate for Costa Rica

Mar 26, 2008 Pick up completed Single Cert from the Registro Civil & deliver to Embassy

Apr 2, 2008 Deliver Australian Single status cert to Embassy

Apr 8, 2008 Approved!! Visa in hand same day :)

Filed: Timeline
So, visa in hand yesterday afternoon!! Finally :)

I had many hoops to jump through for the US Embassy here in Costa Rica (seems they rarely deal with applicants from a third party country, and many barriers ensued...) , but it seems my tricks finally paid off :lol:

See you over on the new thread!!

:dance:

There's a new thread?!?! Nobody tells me anything.

Congratulations!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.