JeanneVictoria

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Happy Hump Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

What paperwork etc do I need Jack to bring with him to continue our journey after he arrives here. I see Cheryl said he will need a birth certificate translated into English. Is there anything else?

I hope we get more visa news today. :dance:

Geez guys, sometimes I feel like I am talking to air. Do you all have me on ignore? lol

I have *everyone* on "ignore" :P

My suggestions would be: have any documentation that may come in handy later translated (diplomas, certifications, birth certificate, vaccinations, passport, DL, anything like that). Also bring any creature comforts from home that he may either not find or have a hard time finding here. We get shipments of spices & tea b/c they're just not the same here - even from the Int'l store.

Good luck!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ahhh married life.......we are making dawali and kusa mashi...hes preparing the kusa and I am in charge of 'masha-ing' :)

jah

what is dawali and kusa? (is it like coffee? :innocent: )

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yassmine, Butterball is sooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sandy, I would never have you on ignore cos I love you. (L)

I think Im in love with........ a ButterBall.:P

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

What paperwork etc do I need Jack to bring with him to continue our journey after he arrives here. I see Cheryl said he will need a birth certificate translated into English. Is there anything else?

Geez guys, sometimes I feel like I am talking to air. Do you all have me on ignore? lol

I have *everyone* on "ignore" :P

My suggestions would be: have any documentation that may come in handy later translated (diplomas, certifications, birth certificate, vaccinations, passport, DL, anything like that). Also bring any creature comforts from home that he may either not find or have a hard time finding here. We get shipments of spices & tea b/c they're just not the same here - even from the Int'l store.

Good luck!

Thanks woman! (F)

Sandy, I would never have you on ignore cos I love you. (L)

:blush: Awwww, thanks Nagi. You know I love you too woman! (L)(L)(L)(L)

Timeline

Campfire time..... :luv:;)

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I'm a master ma(flem)shi maker. Hubster always RAAAAAVES about it when I make it. Don't forget the snoober!!!!

Sandy, I wasn't ignoring u either, I just had no idea what to recommend.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

I recommend cake for everyone with pineapple on the side. YAYYYYYYY !

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

One night I got what the pineapples meant and now I have forgotten.

My international friends wanted me to go to Seattle with them today and my Husband told me, "No, I don't want you driving with two guys alone."

So no Seattle for me but it's just as well because I have too many obligation on Thursday to miss them and I better get cracking on homework.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

He may be able to get an official birth certificate issued in English. Anyway, mine needed an international driver's license (it's how we got around him driving illegally :) ), obviously his passport, his birth certificate, and I think that's about it-- he will get his SS card and local IDs done and eventually a GC all here. Really helpful if he's a degree-holder or wanting to work in an area where he needs degrees-- he'll need his transcripts, diplomas, adn I suggest you get some english letters of reccomendation written in advance for him so he doesn't need to ask for them later from people.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Oh hey! I just found out I got an extra $900 scholarship to be split between my last two semester of school! :dance:

Way to go, Olivia! :thumbs:

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Wednesday!! Hope everyone enjoyed their day!!

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Yesterday was shot day for baby so last night was NOT FUN. Lets see if today is any better......

aww...poor thing :( i know what that's like, i remember my little niece....hope she's feeling better...

I LOVE this shirt and it's on sale but does anyone know what sort of material viscose is? Specifically is it heavy or light enough for spring/summer?

http://www.shukronline.com/wb1901.html

viscose is a very soft material, definitely great for summer and spring...

anything and everything you could think of! lol...and it's better to do it asap! make sure you have official translations of the marriage certificate, birth certificate, college transcripts, also, if he can get an official copy of his transcript, signed and sealed by the college (if he's considering being licensed here or going on with college, etc..), umm...what else? my husband and i are going through this right now...., oh! tell him to get "shihadet khibra" from any employers--that's basically a document telling his experience, and tell him to get recommendation letters from employers, professors (if applicable)--even if they're in arabic, you can have them translated here if he doesn't have time there.....uhh.....try to think of any little thing you'd ever need as an american....try to get his high school transcript also....my husband even got his elementary and middle school papers...lol....you'd be surprised what they ask for when you're getting your degree evaluated or something....these things will be impossible to get if he's not actually there..

if i think of anything else, i'll let you know, but i think i got pretty much everything... :unsure:

just curious for future reference, if DOS says your visa has been printed does that mean it gets sent via DHL that week or does it sit around collecting dust for another month or so?

:unsure:

After we got the email back from the embassy that the visa had been issued it took 13 days to get to Jack.

do they walk it over or something?????? What on earth takes 13 days? :unsure: And why don't they just hand it in person at the embassy??? (i know you probably don't know but I'm just venting)

This could be the "hold up"

4bec.jpg

lmaooooo!! that's hilarious!!!!! hahahhahaha

Ahhh married life.......we are making dawali and kusa mashi...hes preparing the kusa and I am in charge of 'masha-ing' :)

jah

haha--my sisters and i like to say "i'm in charge of iHshy-ing"--which means "stuff-ing" lol...i love iHshy-ing!!! haha

jah

what is dawali and kusa? (is it like coffee? :innocent: )

haha...dawali is the jordanian/palestinian word for stuffed grape leaves--in egyptian, we call is maHshi wara' aynab...and kusa--if i'm correct is zucchini...which can also be stuffed..

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Yassmine, Butterball is sooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!

Thankee :) Im rather fond of him. He's learning to smile, that big open-mouthed gum-showing smile. I havent figured out the exact trigger yet, but when I do, you can be sure Ill be taking lots more piccies! Can you believe he's already 12 pounds?? Talk about butterball :lol:

He's hard not to love, he's sooo squishy n stuff. I just love messing with his fat lil belly when IM changing his clothes. I swear I heard him laugh in his sleep today.

I recommend cake for everyone with pineapple on the side. YAYYYYYYY !

I think Ill try pineapple first on butterball when we're ready for baby food. I think it's appropriate, no? :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.