jeanie

Tobacco poll

Tobacco Use and My MENA Man  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Given that tobacco use is so prevalent in MENA countries, and not as much in the US, how are you going to handle it?

• I already allow smoking in my house
    • I allow smoking in some parts of my house
    • I allow smoking in my house only in inclement weather
    • I do not allow smoking in my house, I don't care if he has to freeze his cajones off!
    • He assures me he's quitting once he arrives here!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ugh. This is a sore topic around my house.

Before he came here, my husband insisted he wanted to quit, and I was convinced that smoking outside in Minnesota winters would cure him. Unfortunately, he has tried several times, but he keeps going back to it. He still smokes outside and has even become somewhat adjusted to the cold (not that he likes it :wacko: ).

Now I'm hoping he'll quit for the baby, but I'm not holding my breath.

Tobacco is a very powerful addiction.

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I didn't vote because there was no option that fit. My husband doesn't smoke, I don't smoke (hooka or cigarettes or anything else for that matter). If he did smoke I do not allow smoking in the house (and he hates the smell too...)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Husband doesn't smoke, I do, I had quit for almost 10 years, and went through a divorce and started the bad habit again. No one in the family smokes, so they don't care if I have to freeze outside. My husband is sweet about it, my mother, is a total witch about it. I need to stop smoking again, but right now, I just can't even think about that. :wacko:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I do allow smoking in my house but I would prefer a window be opened or at least cracked when the smoking takes place. It's just too cold and inconvenient in the winter to make my husband go outside to do it. I do have lots of those plug in air freshener thingys around the house to combat the odor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hes supposed to be (slowing) on the smoking now to be able to quit soon (yea right) but i did tell him not in the house, he wont now around his mom or dad or in the family home

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Timeline
He smokes a lot, I smoke a little. We both smoke in the house.

Same here Jenn. We both smoke (Bren with more enthusiasm); but we don't smoke indoors. We smoke in the balcony. When people who smoke come over, I have no problem allowing them to smoke indoors though.

Smokers of the world, unite!!! ;)

p.s. Did I tell you folks that I was about to be ticketed for smoking OUTDOORS in my campus???? 100 USD for one ciggie. I got away with it and was not ticketed, but sheesh! the "citation" for smoking mariijuana is 25 USD... insane.

OK I am not sure how to vote cos I don't allow ciggette smoke in my house but we do smoke the hooka in the house. So I guess I should check yes I allow smoking in my house.

Same here. I checked no, i don't allow it coz i don't consider hooka as "smoking" heheh i know it has the same(0r worse) effect but it smells good so It doesn't bother me. Cigarettes are def not allowed coz they make everything reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak.

Hubster does not smoke so no problems there.

I am an occasional smoker so its not a problem for me either. Usually I have 1 or 2 on the way to work and 1 or 2 on the way home from work..thats it.

I do not smoke in the car with my son or husband with me coz I think its rude to clog their lungs with my habit. But that's just me.

We don't sit in the smoking section of restaurants either coz I can't stand the smell of a dirty ashtray while I'm trying to eat.

did i rant long enough? lol

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
p.s. Did I tell you folks that I was about to be ticketed for smoking OUTDOORS in my campus???? 100 USD for one ciggie. I got away with it and was not ticketed, but sheesh! the "citation" for smoking mariijuana is 25 USD... insane.

#######? having something legal is 4 times the fine of something illegal? :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.