sereia

religious?

religious?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Is your husband religious?

• Yes! He prays everyday, keeps ramadan, attends mosque, eats halal, and does not drink/smoke/etc.
    • He's a believer yet he drinks/smokes or something else he's not supposed to do. And does not pray or attend mosque very often (or ever).
    • Not at all. From a religious background but rejects it as an adult.
    • Not muslim.

34 posts in this topic

I have had many many fights with my husband about smoking, I even quit talking to him during my measly 4 week visit lol

yes he is religious, prays, goes to mosque in Ramadan and eid prayer, we are both very in line with our religious views, and we love Allah or God, however you want to say it, we believe Allah is the only Savior, the Almighty, the Merficul, the Beneficient.

Thanks for the question Sereia

Tammy (F)

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well im the petitoner ... but al hamdulillah me n my husband do our best as much as we can. God is number one in our lives insha Allah so i chose 1 and Allah knows best..... its always a struggle and i ask for Allahs support and guidance always ameeeen

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree, it is very hard to follow the "routine" here in the US. When we lived in WI, we didn't eat halal meat because we had to drive 2 hours to the closest place to buy it, we also were on a limited budget and the cost was much more there then buying non-halal beef or chicken in the store. Now that we live in DC we buy all halal meat because it's easy to get. My husband has prayed 5 times a day since he arrived, we both observe Ramadan and he fasts other times occassionally (less and less now that his work schedule becomes more demanding). So I would say he's quite religious but not over the top in anyway and as far as male/female dynamics in Islam go he is not that traditional - MUCH more realistic!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband is pretty religious:

-prays 5 times a day

-attends Juma with me on Fridays (I take Friday's off work)

-observes Ramadan

-fasts occasionally, but has a very physical job

-tried to eat hallal but we've given up

-no smoking, drinking, or pork ever

There are hallal stores in the county, but they are at least 1 hr from our apartment and all close by 7pm which makes it hard to go after work with the traffic here. We were eating kosher for awhile bc he needs the protein, ect. from the meat for his work. We've basically given up and decided that if we were going to bend enough for the very expensive kosher, we might as well just eat the meats here and simply avoid the pork products. He did eat only Hallal in France, so this is the first time he's done this.

He's not traditional in his views towards women's/men's roles ect... I think his time in France really broadened his mind and he is really open. He does expect modesty from me and doesn't like male friends, but hey, I'm muslim too :innocent:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.