His Glory

Interview Success!

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Zainab, I am sure you are going to be fine. Don't stress out about it. Its a good thing you are going to be there though. Even though Inusah said me bing there would not have made a difference, I still think it couldn't have hurt if I was there. I think you guys will be fine. If our evidence was "overwhelimg" I doubth that you will have any problems :)

Efia, if you don't mind sharing, what were the problems you had with Delta? My sisters and I are going in July and were planning on flying them.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Zainab, I am sure you are going to be fine. Don't stress out about it. Its a good thing you are going to be there though. Even though Inusah said me bing there would not have made a difference, I still think it couldn't have hurt if I was there. I think you guys will be fine. If our evidence was "overwhelimg" I doubth that you will have any problems :)

Efia, if you don't mind sharing, what were the problems you had with Delta? My sisters and I are going in July and were planning on flying them.

The flight to jfk from lax was late almost an hour and they switched the gate 3 times. My tv didnt work so I was bored out of mind haha. I did bring a book but vegging out was not an option. The seats were a little too narrow for me. I hate that you had to buy earphones (had my own though) and pay for movies on the domestic flights and the international flights only had the big monitors to share not individual ones. And it was so far from where I was sitting. I did buy a movie on the way home from jfk and the movie kept skipping that I finally asked them to refund it. Im just not an experienced flyer but I will stick with British airways in the future. Seemed more professional to me and everything was free and individual tvs. Loved it. Plus I can do without the turbulence everytime we flew into newyork. The first time we dropped so fast I started praying and the girl next to me woke up screaming. haha. Maybe those that fly alot make think its normal but I had a much more enjoyable flight with BA

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

Timeline

Oh, ok. I thought maybe it was something I could not handle :lol:

I have been flying since I was a baby. And believe me, when you have traveled on some of the African airlines, Delta is like going first class :lol:

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
The first time we dropped so fast I started praying and the girl next to me woke up screaming. haha. Maybe those that fly alot make think its normal but I had a much more enjoyable flight with BA

:lol:

woke up screaming!

:rofl:

$2000 for a one way ticket! That's too expensive. That's what I'm looking at paying for a round trip ticket so late in the game, plus fares in June are terribly expensive. I'm debating between BA and Delta. Only because I prefer the direct flight to stopping, but I'm not a fan of Delta. I'm often disappointed with my experiences flying with them.

Edited by Bassi and Zainab

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline
The first time we dropped so fast I started praying and the girl next to me woke up screaming. haha. Maybe those that fly alot make think its normal but I had a much more enjoyable flight with BA

woke up screaming!

$2000 for a one way ticket! That's too expensive. That's what I'm looking at paying for a round trip ticket so late in the game, plus fares in June are terribly expensive. I'm debating between BA and Delta. Only because I prefer the direct flight to stopping, but I'm not a fan of Delta. I'm often disappointed with my experiences flying with them.

Oh no that is a round trip. He wants me to buy it for sunday! haha. he wants to come home asap. the weather here in cali is cold. I think he will have to buy his first coat and flannel pjs.

Timeline

woke up screaming!

Oh no that is a round trip. He wants me to buy it for sunday! haha. he wants to come home asap. the weather here in cali is cold. I think he will have to buy his first coat and flannel pjs.

I guess Bassi will come in the summer. That's kind of good because I live in the northeast where winter is quite hellacious. It might be a depressing time for him to experience his first three feet of snow. And school is only delayed two hours, so get to shoveling!

Maybe you should get a one way ticket. You don't need to buy a round trip ticket and it's more expensive.

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
Thanks Efia. Bassi is really really nervous, so I think that me being there will help calm his nerves a lot. hopefully :unsure: He asked me what primary school I went to. He says that if they ask him he doesn't know. I told him they have no reason to ask him that. I don't know what primary school my ex husband went to. Why would that be information expected of a couple to share? He said if they ask him, he has to know. So, I told him what primary school I went to. I have to get him to chill out. He's going back to play football on weekends. he had stopped for a while because of work. But I think he needs an outlet. He's going nutty on me. I don't think it matters about the pictures. They are probably going to tell us to go get another one, even if the one's we get are from that place to begin with. So, we'll just save the money and let them send us on that date. He's got the ones he got for the medical so, we'll take those with us to the interview.

Is he flying direct into JFK? Did you get the ticket before you left Ghana?

Zainab, you will be surpised at some of the questions the CO's will think of. Them asking about your primary school is a ver real possibility. :lol:

I was nervous thinking up problems that never even arose. Just give them all the evidence you can upfront. It will speak for itself.

The consular said not to buy ticket till he has visa in hand but the prices are rising so I will buy it tomorrow and if we have to change it will cost 200.00 but Im afraid they will go as high as 2000.00 so im buying tomorrow. I personally will never fly delta again. toooo many problems but for us this one time it was ok. I will stick with BA. Loved them.

I HATE Delta's service to Ghana. I had the worst experience with them and they were the whole reason that I ended up stranded in Ghana for 6 days with NO MONEY (and the week that a chief was re-buried...so ya'll know that= Accra being completely shut down). Since NAA is stopping their service, I pray that I won't be forced to fly with them in December. How are BA's fares in comparison to Delta?

Timeline
I was nervous thinking up problems that never even arose. Just give them all the evidence you can upfront. It will speak for itself.

The consular said not to buy ticket till he has visa in hand but the prices are rising so I will buy it tomorrow and if we have to change it will cost 200.00 but Im afraid they will go as high as 2000.00 so im buying tomorrow. I personally will never fly delta again. toooo many problems but for us this one time it was ok. I will stick with BA. Loved them.

I HATE Delta's service to Ghana. I had the worst experience with them and they were the whole reason that I ended up stranded in Ghana for 6 days with NO MONEY (and the week that a chief was re-buried...so ya'll know that= Accra being completely shut down). Since NAA is stopping their service, I pray that I won't be forced to fly with them in December. How are BA's fares in comparison to Delta?

The fares are good. I just don't like the extra time the trip takes. I really prefer a direct flight. I hate laying over doing didly squat in some funky airport.

AOS

Timeline

Their prices are pretty comparable to BA, even though Delta is cheaper. But, like Zainab, I would much rather go direct. I went by BA once and ended up having a 14 hour layover in London....not fun. I guess for me, an extra day or 2 or a week in Ghana are not a problem. I figured, if there are delays, I would rather be here or there. Not somewhere inbetween.

Click for full timeline

Timeline
Thanks Efia. Bassi is really really nervous, so I think that me being there will help calm his nerves a lot. hopefully :unsure: He asked me what primary school I went to. He says that if they ask him he doesn't know. I told him they have no reason to ask him that. I don't know what primary school my ex husband went to. Why would that be information expected of a couple to share? He said if they ask him, he has to know. So, I told him what primary school I went to. I have to get him to chill out. He's going back to play football on weekends. he had stopped for a while because of work. But I think he needs an outlet. He's going nutty on me. I don't think it matters about the pictures. They are probably going to tell us to go get another one, even if the one's we get are from that place to begin with. So, we'll just save the money and let them send us on that date. He's got the ones he got for the medical so, we'll take those with us to the interview.

Zainab, you will be surpised at some of the questions the CO's will think of. Them asking about your primary school is a ver real possibility. :lol:

when is naa stopping their service? i might have to use them for my husbands ticket

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The fares are good. I just don't like the extra time the trip takes. I really prefer a direct flight. I hate laying over doing didly squat in some funky airport.

Can I throw in my 2cents?......Both times I went to Nigeria, I went with BA. Mostly cuz they were the least expensive at the time. I too...do not fly much, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I thought they were great, especially for such a long flight. Cuz u had the personal TVs with movies, shows, music and games on them...also had a virtual flight map where u could see where we were, how close to destination, speed, temperature, etc. The food was not bad, and u could get beer and wine too...all for free. I also liked how u could check-in online and pick your seat. I'm sure other airlines have some of this stuff, and may be just as comfortable, but just wanted to share my experience with BA. The only drawback was the 8 hour layover in London :( But they have a great shopping mall inside there with designer shops, and food places. But the price of stuff was OFF THE HOOK! :yes: with the low exchange rate for US dollars!

anyway...thats my story! :D

God Bless (L)

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Timeline

I love Ba too. As much drinks as you want! We actually got off the plane with too decent sized wine bottles to share with friends in Ghana when we landed. I loved stopping in London.....i feel like a world traveler haha. Cool stamp in in my Passport.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

when is naa stopping their service? i might have to use them for my husbands ticket

May

AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Grrrr, see, I feel like Zee...I hate layovers and waiting around. I guess I'll probably have to suck it up and just do Delta...as much as I hate their Ghana service. 8-14 hour layovers sound like a nightmare to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.