w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Pat Buchanan: Black Americans should be grateful we brought them over on slave ships!

891 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

I disagree with Buchanan, though having read the article, it seems that is not what he said. However, that is basically what Keith Richburg said about himself in his book, Out of America: A Black Man Confronts Africa. This is a very interesting, very well-written book about Richburg's years as bureau chief for the Washington Post in Nairobi. He says he was glad his ancestors were brought over as slaves. I'm glad my husband's forefathers were not brought over as slaves, and there can be no excuse for slavery regardless of how Richburg feels he ultimately benefited from it. He, too, would have had it never have happened despite his expression of happiness that he was born American and not African. But it is a very interesting read anyway.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And many young black men and women do, charles. Recruitment has been largely from poor areas: urban blacks and Hispanics, rural whites. Still not sure that's a solution; we won't fix our schools, so we'll have a military largely made up of poor people with no other options, and politicians who never needed to serve. Sounds like a bad idea, long-term, to me.

Please don't go there. Most people in the military are there because they want to serve. I didn't go because I was poor and didn't have any other options. My counterpart at work just left a $30/hour job to rejoin the army because he wanted to serve. (he had already done one enlistment) People sacrifice their time and sometimes their lives because they feel they have a debt to their country and join for that reason. Don't lessen their service by making statements like that.

my son was not poor and had a college paid scholarship and went in.........

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline
And many young black men and women do, charles. Recruitment has been largely from poor areas: urban blacks and Hispanics, rural whites. Still not sure that's a solution; we won't fix our schools, so we'll have a military largely made up of poor people with no other options, and politicians who never needed to serve. Sounds like a bad idea, long-term, to me.

Please don't go there. Most people in the military are there because they want to serve. I didn't go because I was poor and didn't have any other options. My counterpart at work just left a $30/hour job to rejoin the army because he wanted to serve. (he had already done one enlistment) People sacrifice their time and sometimes their lives because they feel they have a debt to their country and join for that reason. Don't lessen their service by making statements like that.

The Volunteer Army: Who Fights and Why?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

The Volunteer Army: Who Fights and Why?

good artice and point, my son had been working since age 15 and when he decided to go into the service was working out a mall 20 hours a week for mimium wage..decided after scoring high in language and guarantee to go inot Intelligence as an interogator to sign up..he just re-enlisted for 4 more years

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
2eej6z4.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
2eej6z4.jpg

Just goes to show that Klansmen like to have fun like everybody else.

They certainly do. A day at the funfair and then eating candy floss with the kids while they watch the weekend lynching.

Family values.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2eej6z4.jpg

They certainly do. A day at the funfair and then eating candy floss with the kids while they watch the weekend lynching.

Family values.

Yep. Back home for banjos and buggery.

Filed: Timeline
I haven't seen anything in Buchanans article that sez: "Black Americans should be grateful we brought them over on slave ships."

America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.

Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

PJ, you can interpret that passage however you want. I know how it reads to me and many others.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
I haven't seen anything in Buchanans article that sez: "Black Americans should be grateful we brought them over on slave ships."

America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.

Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

PJ, you can interpret that passage however you want. I know how it reads to me and many others.

Reading through the rest of the article - its not as overt as it seems - but that passage does seem rather crass, at best. And of course he's saying it as the beneficiary of a culture that is partly responsible for the current condition of the African continent.

Apparently when an African American sees people on TV living in squalid conditions, flies buzzing around their mouths or with their bodies ruined with machete wounds they should feel gratitude for the well-meaning slavers who after all - weren't out to line their own pockets on the backs of the flesh and blood of someone elses ancestors, but did it to give those people a new start.

He's also saying it with the benefit of several generations of White American and immigrant culture behind him. The problem in the black community, from what I understand, arises out of an cultural identity crisis.

Edited by Number 6

Last time I checked no Oprahs or Will Smiths came from Africa. Can anyone deny the resources and opportunities available to so many black Americans which people in various African nations can only dream of. Like it or not the reality is that a clown like Wright would be lucky if he drank orange juice once a month if he lived in so many nations in Africa.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline
Last time I checked no Oprahs or Will Smiths came from Africa. Can anyone deny the resources and opportunities available to so many black Americans which so many people in various African nations can only dream of.

No. But noone can deny the existence of social inequalities either.

Edited by Number 6

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
2eej6z4.jpg

:wow:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Last time I checked no Oprahs or Will Smiths came from Africa. Can anyone deny the resources and opportunities available to so many black Americans which so many people in various African nations can only dream of.

No. But noone can deny the existence of social inequalities either.

Yes. All too easy for someone in the NE east to blame slavery, lol, because there where so many plantations in the NE. Especially in Chicago. lol.

The first step to equality requires an effort on their behalf. Stop using history as a justification. Bill Cosby has the right idea but not everyone is listening. Easier to play the victim than take responsibility for one's circumstances.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.