w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Pat Buchanan: Black Americans should be grateful we brought them over on slave ships!

891 posts in this topic

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
In all fairness, BY, that's basically cherry picking. Sure, there are lots of blacks who're criminals, but then again, there are plenty of criminals who're of other races, ethnic origins and religions too. Some are men and others are women. You can't point to one group and say, without question, that they are responsible for all (or most) of the ills in society.

Affirmative action shouldn't have to apply to people. I should not be disqualified from making comments about the community's attitude simply because I do not know anyone who is from the NE / MW, lives in the inner city, is poor and black. The point of those photos and the videos was to ask whether these are the sort of people I should hang out with. It's a dam shame that chick was murdered though..

Whoever said you were "disqualified?" You're free to make whatever comments you desire. That doesn't mean you'll be correct (depending on the nature of your comments and the discussion at hand) or that anyone else will agree with them. But I don't believe anybody here is attempting to silence you.

I agree -- it is a shame that the woman you posted was murdered. It's also a shame in reverse too; in fact, it's pretty damn unfortunate whenever someone is a victim of homicide, regardless of who did it. The point is that the individual is dead. Does it really matter if the murderer was white or black or whatever else?

Edited by DeadPoolX

Rhetoric based in truth by a minority. ("minority" as in smaller number, not race.) Let's put it this way. A resident of Malaysia meets a number of Klan members from Arkansas who were on their annual retreat in Kuala Lumpur. Based on that meeting, and having never interacted with any other Americans, their conclusion is that all Americans must be racists. Your buy-in to that video is demonstrating the same narrow, and illogical, progression of thinking.

So what happens if he meets / sees 100 Americans that are like that. Should he not form an opinion based on that. Does he need to meet every single American to form a true opinion

Who is the narrow minded one considering people in that video are saying the exact same thing you are accusing me of doing. Clearly different rules apply to what something someone says depending on their origin and color of skin. People generally ask for proof and I posted it. Then turn around and discredit the evidence. In reality will any amount of proof ever be good enough, of course not. I could get every single black person to say I hate white Americans and I bet $100,000 some of you here would still find a way to discredit the evidence.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
In all fairness, BY, that's basically cherry picking. Sure, there are lots of blacks who're criminals, but then again, there are plenty of criminals who're of other races, ethnic origins and religions too. Some are men and others are women. You can't point to one group and say, without question, that they are responsible for all (or most) of the ills in society.

Affirmative action shouldn't have to apply to people. I should not be disqualified from making comments about the community's attitude simply because I do not know anyone who is from the NE / MW, lives in the inner city, is poor and black. The point of those photos and the videos was to ask whether these are the sort of people I should hang out with. It's a dam shame that chick was murdered though..

Whoever said you were "disqualified?" You're free to make whatever comments you desire. That doesn't mean you'll be correct (depending on the nature of your comments and the discussion at hand) or that anyone else will agree with them. But I don't believe anybody here is attempting to silence you.

I agree -- it is a shame that the woman you posted was murdered. It's also a shame in reverse too; in fact, it's pretty damn unfortunate whenever someone is a victim of homicide, regardless of who did it. The point is that the individual is dead. Does it really matter if the murderer was white or black or whatever else?

Even sadder is when an African American is murdered... and the media does little to publicize the case as it would if the murder victim were white. Yet our brick wall continues to see what it wants to see.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline
Rhetoric based in truth by a minority. ("minority" as in smaller number, not race.) Let's put it this way. A resident of Malaysia meets a number of Klan members from Arkansas who were on their annual retreat in Kuala Lumpur. Based on that meeting, and having never interacted with any other Americans, their conclusion is that all Americans must be racists. Your buy-in to that video is demonstrating the same narrow, and illogical, progression of thinking.

So what happens if he meets / sees 100 Americans that are like that. Should he not form an opinion based on that. Does he need to meet every single American to form a true opinion

Who is the narrow minded one considering people in that video are saying the exact same thing you are accusing me of doing. Clearly different rules apply to what something someone says depending on their origin and color of skin. People generally ask for proof and I posted it. Then turn around and discredit the evidence. In reality will any amount of proof ever be good enough, of course not. I could get every single black person to say I hate white Americans and I bet $100,000 some of you here would still find a way to discredit the evidence.

Are you in such a hurry to also lose 100K?

Timeline
You have to admire his tenacity. It sure is stronger than his argument.

I just laughed out loud.

So are brick walls made of dense bricks.

Sometimes having a bit of a vent is worth more than saying anything intelligent. :)

So suggesting that the poor black community should move on from the blame game and work together is also not intelligent right.

So saying that the past is the past and we should work together towards the future is also not intelligent right.

So suggesting that rather than holding onto grudges the black community should work together to improve their life is also not intelligent right.

So suggesting the black American community should work together to clean up their neighborhood's is also not intelligent right.

So suggesting that millions of people who are not African-Americans who have had much worse happen to them yet moved on is also not intelligent right.

So suggesting that holding another community responsible for your perils only hurts you in the end is also not intelligent right.

So suggesting that people who still feel they have been wronged should consider migrating to another nation is also not intelligent right.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

BY, it's really all about individuals, not groups. A group may share some vague characteristics, but that's really about it.

Since I brought my own group into this earlier (Jews), I'll do it again for this example. A fair number of the Jewish people I've met in my life, with the exception of my family, have been complete jerks. I don't know if this was just unfortunate luck or that these people were merely asshats. Whatever the case, I knew -- based off my family and many of Jews I'd met before -- most Jews weren't like that, but once again, that was probably due to the individual, not the group as a whole. However, had I not been Jewish or had limited/no exposure to Jews before meeting these people, would it be fair to say that "all Jews were jerks?" I wouldn't think so, considering the sample of the Jewish population I had met would be a tiny percentage of the full number.

To put this into less abstract terms, let's look at Alex and me. Once again, I'm using Jews as an example. We're both Jewish. Using your assumption that members of a group are basically similar, that would mean Alex and I would be practically the same (barring gender) in most ways. I think it's pretty obvious that she and I differ on just about every issue we debate and yet, we're both Jewish. To make an even stronger connection, both of our fathers are physicians, who just happen to be the same speciality -- neurologists.

So considering some of the overt similarities, how come Alex and I don't think alike or get along very well? The answer is simple: We're different people. I'm sure Rey and my wife are very happy about this too. But what I'm trying to illustrate here is that even though people can seem similar on the surface, they can actually be quite different once you get to know them better.

Edited by DeadPoolX

Sometimes having a bit of a vent is worth more than saying anything intelligent. :)

So suggesting that the poor black community should move on from the blame game and work together is unintelligent is it?

So saying that the past is the past and we should work together is unintelligent is it?

So suggesting that rather than holding onto grudges the black community should work together to improve their life is unintelligent is it?

So suggesting the black American community should work together to clean up their neighborhood's is unintelligent is it?

So suggesting that millions of people who are not African-Americans who have had much worse happen to them yet moved on is unintelligent is it?

So suggesting that holding another community responsible for your perils only hurts you in the end is unintelligent is it?

So suggesting that people who still feel they have been wronged should consider migrating to another nation is unintelligent is it?

logo_wildtangent_s.gif

90day.jpg

Even sadder is when an African American is murdered... and the media does little to publicize the case as it would if the murder victim were white. Yet our brick wall continues to see what it wants to see.

Which probably just so happens to have been murdered by another 'black' American.

PS They do in DC. Every few days someone is shot.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

ooohhh, that's okay then!

Maybe I am to blame for the crime..