w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Pat Buchanan: Black Americans should be grateful we brought them over on slave ships!

891 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Like I said, the responsible action is :lol:

Amen, sister. Everytime I feel compelled to say something, I bite my tongue and imagine Jerry Springer.

:rofl:

Just don't bite thy thumb...

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Pristine? Holy Cow...

Now this argument of yours is really starting to sound Aryan. Congratulations. Just write what you really feel... not culture... but race... get it out in the open. It is of course, a suggestion and not really me pointing the finger of blame at you...

For the rest of us, we'll continue to rationalize these outbursts as a natural resurgence of the very deep-rooted racial undertones present and denied in many folks.

Lets get one thing straight. I could not care less if someone labels me a racist or any other #######. I tell it like it is. Some like it others do not. I have many friends who are actually from Africa. Who act and think nothing like your Wright type of black American. So enough with this race bullshit.

Then stop making outbursts like you just did. It shows quite alot about your thinking. Marry that to your logic and well... the rest is history... you'll continue 'telling it like it is' while continuing to ignore the actual roots, causes, and symptoms of the problem you're griping about.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How can anyone claim to "tell it like it is" when by their own admission they choose to ignore a rather important part of the picture :lol:

There's also a difference between "telling it like it is" and telling it how you'd like it to be.

So... you will continue griping via the internet.

The suggestion is for you, not Oprah, nor other folks. Perhaps more than your blastopore will open up after that point.

I live near DC so I can see first hand how the schools and communities work. I also come from a country where 1 in 4 citizens was born overseas. So if I don't know what works and what doesn't, who does then. You? Steve? Alex+R? PH?

I am the one making the point that the community needs to work together in order to get out of the rut, yet I am being made out as being illogical and stupid. :bonk:

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Then stop making outbursts like you just did. It shows quite alot about your thinking. Marry that to your logic and well... the rest is history... you'll continue 'telling it like it is' while continuing to ignore the actual roots, causes, and symptoms of the problem you're griping about.

How can anyone claim to "tell it like it is" when by their own admission they choose to ignore a rather important part of the picture :lol:

There's also a difference between "telling it like it is" and telling it how you'd like it to be.

Okay. We agree on the root cause, symptoms etc.

Now what?

All you guys do is talk about the same stuff over and over again without, ironically, any logical steps on improving the situation. We can talk about the past, cause etc for the next 1,000 years but this will not do anything in getting the community out of the rut, No?? Or don't you guys want to help the community...

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Now what?

All you guys do is talk about the same stuff over and over again without, ironically, any logical steps on improving the situation.

Well lets be fair here - you're not exactly offering solutions either are you? The difference however - is that you want to pretend that you have the answer.

You no more have that answer than anyone else here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ok so what do you say in 2008? Black people are just generally inferior? Or are they genetically predisposed to violence and having children out of wedlock?

Don't give me that are they inferior #######. Black Americans are what they make themselves to be. They have the same opportunities as everyone else, if not more considering they are a "minority". It is their choice whether they become involved in crime or pursue a legitimate career. It is their choice as a community to allow their neighborhood, in ghettos, to be trashed rather than get together and spend a day cleaning it up. It is their choice to abandon free education and basically piss on the progress made by Brown vs Board of Education.

What do you mean don't give you they are inferior #######? That's exactly what you are saying, is it not? White people would never make such choices?

Well lets be fair here - you're not exactly offering solutions either are you? The difference however - is that you want to pretend that you have the answer.

I am though. If you went to see a psychologist about an issue I am sure they would say that you have to accept the past and put it behind you, in order to move on. No one has ever moved on while holding a grudge.

What do you mean don't give you they are inferior #######? That's exactly what you are saying, is it not? White people would never make such choices?

Their choices are their choices. I cannot blame someone else for my choice or actions, No?

Now what?

All you guys do is talk about the same stuff over and over again without, ironically, any logical steps on improving the situation.

He offered his solution a couple of pages back. Black people who didn't want to drink from the colored-only fountains should have used their frequent-ship miles to "return" to Africa.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

I am though. If you went to see a psychologist about an issue I am sure they would say that you have to accept the past and put it behind you, in order to move on. No one has ever moved on while holding a grudge.

So in other words - the solution you're offering here is to pretend that established social disparaties resulting from the recent past don't exist.

Great.

As someone mentioned in a thread a while back, if you were talking about famine and food shortages, your "solution" to this problem would be along the lines of "starving people should move to where the food is".

He offered his solution a couple of pages back. Black people who didn't want to drink from the colored-only fountains should have used their frequent-ship miles to "return" to Africa.

So why not leave now then. Last time I checked I could get a one way ticket to London for a few hundreds bucks.

Timeline
So... you will continue griping via the internet.

The suggestion is for you, not Oprah, nor other folks. Perhaps more than your blastopore will open up after that point.

I live near DC so I can see first hand how the schools and communities work. I also come from a country where 1 in 4 citizens was born overseas. So if I don't know what works and what doesn't, who does then. You? Steve? Alex+R? PH?

I am the one making the point that the community needs to work together in order to get out of the rut, yet I am being made out as being illogical and stupid. :bonk:

No, you're making assertions based on a lack of understanding, based on your own admissions, of a community that is stuck in a rut for historical reasons and perpetual reasons (present day reality as a consequence of that history).

Living anywhere does not qualify anyone to make assertions while ignoring whole tracts of reality.

And FWIW, I as do others from whom you've had to defend yourself by mistating what is written and jumping to some very far-out conclusions, actually have public school teaching experience. Not just living in an area while waiting for celebrities to take us with their video cameras to show us the world.

So in other words - the solution you're offering here is to pretend that established social disparaties resulting from the recent past don't exist.

I am sure as hell not going to pay for any disparities in the community resulting from the past.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Their choices are their choices. I cannot blame someone else for my choice or actions, No?

I don't see where anyone has disputed that. I think you have incorrectly summarized your opponent's argument as "Black people have had it rough historically, so they should not be held accountable for anything that they do, ever."