FaSa2008

Bumps on the road!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

HELLO all !!!

Here is a little Update for the ones that follow our case!

Santiago is gathering documents to send to his brohter in Mexico ,so that he can get the antecedentes needed for us to finally get the visa in hand!!! :dance:

He had to get fingerprints, birth certificate, Certificado domiciliario, ID copy, passport copy and pictures all of this had to be legalized by the ministerio del exterior and then leaglized by hte mexico embassy and then has to be send thru DHL to his brother for him to do it, it takes a day and then he will send it to us for us to send it to the embassy with his passport to finally get his visa!!!!!!!!

One more bump, its a long holiday weekend in lima and everything is closed so he will have to wait til monday to legalize what he needs to!

But its OK we just need patience and we are in not much rush to get it, they didnt give us a timeline so as long as we get the visa by april 15 we are good to go !!!!!!

Good luck in your journey and thanks for all of ur kind thoughts!!!

:luv:

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Best of luck to you and your SO!!! :)

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
HELLO all !!!

Here is a little Update for the ones that follow our case!

Santiago is gathering documents to send to his brohter in Mexico ,so that he can get the antecedentes needed for us to finally get the visa in hand!!! :dance:

He had to get fingerprints, birth certificate, Certificado domiciliario, ID copy, passport copy and pictures all of this had to be legalized by the ministerio del exterior and then leaglized by hte mexico embassy and then has to be send thru DHL to his brother for him to do it, it takes a day and then he will send it to us for us to send it to the embassy with his passport to finally get his visa!!!!!!!!

One more bump, its a long holiday weekend in lima and everything is closed so he will have to wait til monday to legalize what he needs to!

But its OK we just need patience and we are in not much rush to get it, they didnt give us a timeline so as long as we get the visa by april 15 we are good to go !!!!!!

Good luck in your journey and thanks for all of ur kind thoughts!!!

:luv:

I hear ya....we're loving this looong weekend too. Thanks for the update. As for our bump...everything requested at Elias' Tuesday morning Interview was sent va DHL to the embassy on Tuesday afternoon. Hopefully after this long weekend we will have our response (jeje and the VISA). I guess it gives us a few more days to pray!

Jun: I Met Elias in Peru

Oct: Returned to Peru. Elias proposed!!

Nov 26: Mailed I-129F to VSC

Nov 28: Rec. Signature Confirm of delivery from USPS

Nov 29: Check cashed ; rec. receipt number. E-NOA1

Feb 14: Touch

Feb 14: NOA2 by email!

Feb 19: File Arrived @ NVC

Feb 20: Hard-copy NOA2

Feb 21: File Left NVC for Lima.

Feb 25: File @ U.S. embassy in Lima!

Mar 04: Rec. Packet 3/4

Mar 18: 8 a.m. My Morenito's Interview!!

Mar 25: VISA IN HAND!!!

Apr 4: My love is home!!!!

Apr 29: Our marriage. And life begins anew..

Dec 31: Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP to Chicago

Jan 5: Rec. e-mail confirm of delivery from USPS

Jan 8: Check cashed. MSC number not visible....

Jan 12: Rec. Hard Copy Notices for AOS, EAD, and AP. Touched

Jan 16: Rec. NOA-Biometrics Scheduled 1/28/09

Jan 28: 9:00 a.m. Biometrics appt. Fast - 15 minutes in and out!

Jan 29: Touched.

Feb 3: AOS Trans. to CSC

Feb 10: AOS Arrived @ CSC

Mar 04: Touch on AOS

Mar 09: Notifice that AP approved 3/6/09

Mar 13: Rec. AP

Mar 16: Rec. EAD (surprised as USCIS shows no updates)

Apr 3: Rec Welcome Letter, AOS approved 03/30 (surprise, no updates on website)

Apr 8: GC Received

June 5: Our precious baby girl arrived!

June 7: Our darling son arrived!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Well you guys aren't the only ones with "bumps" in the process. Ricardo went to the interview in Panama on Monday, March 10, but since he was missing his Record Policivo and Certificado de Solteria (apparently in Panama that takes forever to get) they told him to come back to drop off his paperwork and his passport when everything was ready. He filed to get his Record policivo on Feb 28.......they gave it to him on March 18........anyways the thing is He got everything and dropped it off yesterday morning. they told him that the cosul has to have the last look and that they'll call him to tell him to pick up his passport. of course they didn't tell him if he was getting the Visa or not, but we are very positivie b/c Ricardo kicked butt on that interview, and we gave them so many pics and evidence it's ridiculous LoL. So I know what it's like guys, we're all in this together. This is a long weekend in Panama too and apparently the embassy down there also takes panamanian holidays in addition to the gringo holidays off. I'm just praying and I have a really good feeling about everything. we are officially done! nothing else to turn in! lol, God Bless ;)

Edited by michellemilitza

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We're in the same boat. My fiance rocked the interview but they wanted some other stuff from us before they give us the visa. So, we are scheduled to go back on June 2nd :wacko: which is OK.

Good luck to all of us waiting :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Best wishes Farrah. Everything will work out.

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Timeline
Well you guys aren't the only ones with "bumps" in the process. Ricardo went to the interview in Panama on Monday, March 10, but since he was missing his Record Policivo and Certificado de Solteria (apparently in Panama that takes forever to get) they told him to come back to drop off his paperwork and his passport when everything was ready. He filed to get his Record policivo on Feb 28.......they gave it to him on March 18........anyways the thing is He got everything and dropped it off yesterday morning. they told him that the cosul has to have the last look and that they'll call him to tell him to pick up his passport. of course they didn't tell him if he was getting the Visa or not, but we are very positivie b/c Ricardo kicked butt on that interview, and we gave them so many pics and evidence it's ridiculous LoL. So I know what it's like guys, we're all in this together. This is a long weekend in Panama too and apparently the embassy down there also takes panamanian holidays in addition to the gringo holidays off. I'm just praying and I have a really good feeling about everything. we are officially done! nothing else to turn in! lol, God Bless ;)

Yeah we kicked butt on the interview too, the Guy who interviewed us even said I dont have any doubts about ur realtionship, but i need the antecedentes document to put it in file, I understood why with the whole homeland security deal....

So we are close to getting it very closeeeee

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Timeline

Yay yay yay! Almost there girl. :) This is all great news!

Wish I was in Lima with you and Gringita! Soon enough. We're all missing meeting by a few weeks! :)

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Yeah we kicked butt on the interview too, the Guy who interviewed us even said I dont have any doubts about ur realtionship, but i need the antecedentes document to put it in file, I understood why with the whole homeland security deal....

So we are close to getting it very closeeeee

Bueno, we have to hang in there, we are so close and yet inches away!! hopefully we'll here something by next week, hopefully by wed which is Ricardo's B-day, what a nice b-day present huh? LoL....also, at least the person who interviewd you expressed emotion, the person who interviewed my fiance didn't tell him anything, she asked him one question after another. And He even told her that I was there with him, she didn't even look at me.....imagine that, but I guess the worst is over all we have to do is wait, which is something all of us are experts at doing now LoL suerte a todos! ;)

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.