NCWife

Australian Police Clearance

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi all....

I have just received my Australian Police Clearance that I have ordered a month ago and I opened the perfectly sealed envelope. Do you think it is going to be a problem? :blink: Also, the police clearance does not even look real, I mean it looked like a photocopy of the original plus the signature on it was a scanned signature...... Should be okay, right?

*I think I worry too much*

Cheers! :unsure:

“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall -

Our Journey

2008-08-15 .......... Married on K-1!!!!

2009-08-28 .......... Sent AOS (I-485 and I-765) Application to Chicago

2009-09-11 .......... NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765

2009-09-25 .......... Biometrics Appointment in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-08 .......... EAD Approved (CRIS update)

2009-10-08 .......... I-485 Touched, I-485 Case transferred to CSC (CRIS update)

2009-10-09 .......... Biometrics Appointment #2 in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-15 .......... I-485 Case transferred to USCIS office

2009-10-16 .......... I-485 Touched, EAD card arrived in the mail

2009-10-19 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-04 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-05 .......... I-485 RFE (CRIS update)

2009-11-06 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-10 .......... RFE arrived in the mail

2009-11-12 .......... RFE response sent back to CSC

2009-11-17 .......... RFE Received at CSC (CRIS update)

2009-11-18 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-23 .......... I-485 Notice that new permanent resident status has been registered

2009-11-24 .......... I-485 Card production ordered

2009-11-25 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-30 .......... I-485 Approval Notice sent, Permanent Resident Card in the mail!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

When my fiance got his police certificate it was not in an envelope or anything. I even asked him to make a copy for me (I want to see what it looks like).

I should think you will be OK.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi all....

I have just received my Australian Police Clearance that I have ordered a month ago and I opened the perfectly sealed envelope. Do you think it is going to be a problem? :blink: Also, the police clearance does not even look real, I mean it looked like a photocopy of the original plus the signature on it was a scanned signature...... Should be okay, right?

*I think I worry too much*

Cheers! :unsure:

Pretty crappy looking right?! I got mine and thought it would at least have some kind of seal on it! ;)

I took mine out too, don't worry about it - they didn't care.

:thumbs:

AOS Timeline

April 18, 2008 Civil Wedding at the courthouse

April 25. 2008 AOS packet sent to Chicago

April 29, 2008 AOS packet delivered

May 5, 2008 Receipt date for I-485, I-765 & I-131

May 9, 2008 NOA's & Biometrics Appointment letter received

May 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

June 6, 2008 Case transferred to CSC

July 8, 2008 AP Approved

July 14, 2008 EAD Approved

October 10, 2008 I-485 Approved

October 14, 2008 Green card received

I-129F Timeline

Sept 13, 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 15, 2007 I-129F received at VSC at 2:32pm

Sept 17, 2007 NOA1 Receipt

Jan 25, 2008 NOA2 Receipt

Jan 31, 2008 NVC received approved petition from USCIS, VT

Feb 4, 2008 NVC letter received with new case number & Petition forwarded to San Jose, Costa Rica

Feb 7, 2008 DHL package signed for by R MORA at San Jose Embassy

Mar 5, 2008 Picked up packet & scheduled interview for Mar 14th

Mar 7, 2008 Blood work & Xray medicals complete

Mar 10, 2008 Physical & vaccinations complete

Mar 14, 2008 Interview - receive 221(g) for missing Single certificate for Costa Rica

Mar 26, 2008 Pick up completed Single Cert from the Registro Civil & deliver to Embassy

Apr 2, 2008 Deliver Australian Single status cert to Embassy

Apr 8, 2008 Approved!! Visa in hand same day :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interesting, my Husband's Australian police certificate was done up on letterhead, just like a regular letter really. We didn't DCF, we filed through USCIS directly in the U.S., however we opened it and sent it in to the NVC - no problem.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Yes, mine was done on letterhead but the whole thing looked photocopied. I was expecting at least color printing, real signature or even a nicer piece of paper... It's ok.. at least I got it fairly quick so I can't complain too much heheehe ! :)

Cheers!

“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall -

Our Journey

2009-10-08 .......... I-485 Touched, I-485 Case transferred to CSC (CRIS update)

2009-11-23 .......... I-485 Notice that new permanent resident status has been registered

2009-11-30 .......... I-485 Approval Notice sent, Permanent Resident Card in the mail!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
Yes, mine was done on letterhead but the whole thing looked photocopied. I was expecting at least color printing, real signature or even a nicer piece of paper... It's ok.. at least I got it fairly quick so I can't complain too much heheehe ! :)

Cheers!

Hi There!

I have had mine Australian Police Record and its nice to know that the $60 or so that I paid for a record check came on a nicely printed, muliticouloured, police sealed stamp. Just to make sure its legit, a police record contains several built-in security features such as the police stamp are "heat sensetive" and will disappear if any heat or friction is applied. The document can be magnified to view certain security imprints. So nothing can be forged or altered. Also the back of the record should have a document number stamped in red.

I have heard many horrfic stories from friends of mine in politics and immigration were police records were fraudulent and altered and instead of those people getting a visa they got a visa to jail for fraud!

As long as you requested it from a police station it should be legit. Oh and it should arrive in a A4 envelope. Apparently no documents from AFP or police are folded!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Umm,..dcnry,..you did get the police check that had a fingerprint check as well didn't you?. because it should of cost you closer to $110, not $60.

Cheers!

Hi There!

I have had mine Australian Police Record and its nice to know that the $60 or so that I paid for a record check came on a nicely printed, muliticouloured, police sealed stamp. Just to make sure its legit, a police record contains several built-in security features such as the police stamp are "heat sensetive" and will disappear if any heat or friction is applied. The document can be magnified to view certain security imprints. So nothing can be forged or altered. Also the back of the record should have a document number stamped in red.

I have heard many horrfic stories from friends of mine in politics and immigration were police records were fraudulent and altered and instead of those people getting a visa they got a visa to jail for fraud!

As long as you requested it from a police station it should be legit. Oh and it should arrive in a A4 envelope. Apparently no documents from AFP or police are folded!

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Timeline
Hi There!

Okay my Police Record from AFP is completely from yours. Mine's folded, no seal, black and white, digital signature...... But I am not an Australian though, I just lived there for a few years. I sent my package from overseas direct to AFP in Canberra... and mine cost almost AUD 100. Sooo..... should I be worried?

:unsure:

Cheers!

Our Journey

Timeline
Umm,..dcnry,..you did get the police check that had a fingerprint check as well didn't you?. because it should of cost you closer to $110, not $60.

Hi Jodee,

Yes i did. I had a police record done seperately months ago the cost was rnd $60 but to get the fingerprinting done and check its $120 which i did get done. You have the option of doing both or just getting a normal criminal history check. :yes:

Cheers!

Hi There!

Timeline

Sorry it was $175....not $120...each state has their own set of fees.

Hi Jodee,

Yes i did. I had a police record done seperately months ago the cost was rnd $60 but to get the fingerprinting done and check its $120 which i did get done. You have the option of doing both or just getting a normal criminal history check. :yes:

Cheers!

Hi There!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.