mox

I want my oligarch!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

MOSCOW — All Elena Larionova wants is a rich husband. It doesn't matter if he is fat, bald, a drunk or all of the above. Love doesn't interest the striking, blond 24-year-old. Stability does.

If she plays her cards right, she says, she might land herself the biggest Russian catch of all: an oligarch.

That's why she is teetering in her stiletto black boots in a Moscow dance studio on a Wednesday night after work, her ankles bound by an elastic band, ensuring that she can only take baby steps.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ernational/home

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It never ceases to amaze me what great lengths some women will go to for this kind of thing.

I hope they realize, looking back, what they missed out on.

Or, maybe they'll get exactly what they want. To each his own. And anyway, hats off to the enterprising Russians who are able to make money off of what girls here are doing for free.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

It never ceases to amaze me what great lengths some women will go to for this kind of thing.

I hope they realize, looking back, what they missed out on.

Sounds like a lot of them wind up with exactly what they were trying to avoid...destitute and out on the street with kids and no alimony, all because another woman did to her what she did to the previous woman.

And anyway, hats off to the enterprising Russians who are able to make money off of what girls here are doing for free.

LOL yep.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In a single word... Pathetic. :wacko:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

People like to say "It is Russia." I prefer, "It was communism." I think we can't understand how lacking in basic things and basic comfort people of the Soviet Union suffered for 80 years.

Now the younger people are mesmerized by hedonism, high style, material goods and money. It's called "New Russia." It's glitzy, gaudy and greedy with some self-destructive tendencies thrown in. And Russian men's appetite for attractive women is a bottomless pit with most average Joe types having 2 or 3 lovers and a wife...so imagine what a Russian billionaire would be like! I'm thinking harem. I'm thinking revolving door dolls.

The cautionary tale for American men is to avoid the "gold diggers" and New Russia women. That's why when I was single I would never go on those big city, mega match-making tours like "A Foreign Affair" that makes the Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kiev circuit.

Timeline

Remembering a scene from a pizza parlour last summer... Two truly ugly fat men well into their late 40s or early 50s were sitting there with two gorgeous girls in their 20s. The girls kept giggling, laughing, and having one drink after the other. I made a comment to Alla. She took a look and said, "Yes, I know those men. They are directors of building company. I made business with them several years ago. Foolish girls think these men will leave their wives for them. In some times, these girls will become clever and go from them. But men will always find new lovers. It's Russia!"

People like to say "It is Russia." I prefer, "It was communism." I think we can't understand how lacking in basic things and basic comfort people of the Soviet Union suffered for 80 years.

Now the younger people are mesmerized by hedonism, high style, material goods and money. It's called "New Russia." It's glitzy, gaudy and greedy with some self-destructive tendencies thrown in. And Russian men's appetite for attractive women is a bottomless pit with most average Joe types having 2 or 3 lovers and a wife...so imagine what a Russian billionaire would be like! I'm thinking harem. I'm thinking revolving door dolls.

The cautionary tale for American men is to avoid the "gold diggers" and New Russia women. That's why when I was single I would never go on those big city, mega match-making tours like "A Foreign Affair" that makes the Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kiev circuit.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I agree! Maybe not an oligarch, but another 100,000 Russian women have themselves posted on marriage websites for mostly the same reasons as this lady in the night club and going through many of the same sacrifices in terms of bald, fat, etc.

In a single word... Pathetic. :wacko:
Agreed again! On both counts.

I agree! Maybe not an oligarch, but another 100,000 Russian women have themselves posted on marriage websites for mostly the same reasons as this lady in the night club and going through many of the same sacrifices in terms of bald, fat, etc.

I don't necessarily agree with this. There's a kernel of truth in it, but I think the goals for Russian "brides" are a bit different. For starters, money doesn't seem to be of primary importance. If it were, we'd see a pretty different demographic even in this forum than we see now. But I see a demographic that ranges from high-paying white-collar to students.

Stability, however, is a goal both groups seem to share. But there are differences in perspective. For FSU women dating Western men, it seems as if stability is more broadly interpreted than just money. The women in the article seem to think that the one thing means the other, which is why most of them are going to wind up miserable at best, and turning tricks on the streets of Moscow for drug money at worst.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

MOSCOW — All Elena Larionova wants is a rich husband. It doesn't matter if he is fat, bald, a drunk or all of the above. Love doesn't interest the striking, blond 24-year-old. Stability does.

If she plays her cards right, she says, she might land herself the biggest Russian catch of all: an oligarch.

That's why she is teetering in her stiletto black boots in a Moscow dance studio on a Wednesday night after work, her ankles bound by an elastic band, ensuring that she can only take baby steps.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ernational/home

very similar to this story Lessons in Love: The Millionaire Hunters

both articles were written by women; one in Canada, the other in the US.

Si me dieran a elegir una vez más_____ Nos casamos: el 01 de Julio 2008

te elegiría sin pensarlo _______________ Una cita con una abogada para validar la info de VJ: el 24 de Agosto, 2008 (Ya ella me cree)

es que no hay nada que pensar_______ El envio del I-130: el 26 de Agosto 2008

que no existe ni motivo ni razón ______ Entregado a las 14:13 PM en el 26 de Agosto, 2008 en CHICAGO, IL. Firmado por V BUSTAMANTE.

para dudarlo ni un segundo ___________ La 1ra Notificación de Acción (NOA1): el 29 de Agosto 2008

porque tú has sido lo mejor ___________ El cheque al USCIS cobró: el 2 de Septiembre, 2008

que todo este corazón ________________ Un toque el 19 de septiembre, 2008

y que entre el cielo y tú

yo me quedo contigo

-Franco deVita

Timeline

Every Russian woman I have ever met, with the exception of two, summed up their desire to marry a Western man for that reason: Stability. The two exceptions told me they will always be in it solely for money.

When Alla & I first were getting acquainted and I asked her what she wanted out of a relationship, this is what she listed in order:

• Stable life
  • Tender, loving, faithful, and strong husband with good humour.
  • Loving father for her children that will love them the same as he would his.
When I asked her about money, this is how she put it. "I have never needed to have rich man. I only want enough money to know all normal bills get paid every month. If we have extra, I would like to be able to have rest once a year. I only want to not have to worry every night before I sleep. It is simple what I want, I believe."

I don't necessarily agree with this. There's a kernel of truth in it, but I think the goals for Russian "brides" are a bit different. For starters, money doesn't seem to be of primary importance. If it were, we'd see a pretty different demographic even in this forum than we see now. But I see a demographic that ranges from high-paying white-collar to students.

Stability, however, is a goal both groups seem to share. But there are differences in perspective. For FSU women dating Western men, it seems as if stability is more broadly interpreted than just money. The women in the article seem to think that the one thing means the other, which is why most of them are going to wind up miserable at best, and turning tricks on the streets of Moscow for drug money at worst.

Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is extremely pathetic. And any smart man would leave this woman where he finds her.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The Exile did a funny piece on such women awhile back:

In THE STERVA, you play a young female who arrives in Moscow from the provinces, vulnerable, poor, and lonely, but full of sex appeal and ambition.

Love the rendering of the baby crying for sushi rolls :)

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

The Exile did a funny piece on such women awhile back:

In THE STERVA, you play a young female who arrives in Moscow from the provinces, vulnerable, poor, and lonely, but full of sex appeal and ambition.

Love the rendering of the baby crying for sushi rolls :)

LOL!

You cleverly arrange it so that when your sponsor pulls up to your podezd in his migalka-toting Ferrari, you are "caught" having kinky exhibitionist sex with a cute passerby. If you can manage your rich sponsor's anger, you'll be sure to turn around his anger into his begging for forgiveness...and a Nokia mobile phone worth 37,000 rubles! A super-STERVA would turn his anger around and torture him for a Mini Cooper! So, are you STERVA enough?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Every Russian woman I have ever met, with the exception of two, summed up their desire to marry a Western man for that reason: Stability.

[*]Stable life

[*]Tender, loving, faithful, and strong husband with good humor.

[*]Loving father for her children that will love them the same as he would his.

What makes your fiancée or anyone else for that matter think these things can't be found in Russia? The government has been very stable under Putin as long as you are not forging your way into politics, involved in proprietary business, or doing something a majority of hard working Russians do not engage in.

I'll admit Russia's men have a lot of beautiful ladies to choose from and can avoid the ladies who have been divorced or have kids, but that doesn't mean there aren't decent husband to be found.

I only want enough money to know all normal bills get paid every month. If we have extra, I would like to be able to have rest once a year. I only want to not have to worry every night before I sleep. It is simple what I want, I believe.
Despite what I said above, having enough money to pay the bills so you can sleep at night does not happen in Russia. Likewise based on statistical and psychological analysis here in this country financial troubles increase divorce and ruin stability.

So I stand firm that you need some money, the kind of money the average American makes in America, that guy who is living the American dream, owns his home, has two cars, and goes on vacation once a year. None of which happen for the majority of Russians no matter how much or how hard they work.

Thus this crazy notion of stability you guys have made up, really just boils down money. And stability is certainly worth sacrificing for.

Timeline

Yes, sure, on simplest terms it is money. But to want enough money to exist and live are a far cry from asking for (or even expecting) a new BMW for a birthday gift. Thus the difference between wanting stability versus money.

As for my Alla, no, she could not find all of the things on her list in Russia. Men that she met wanted nothing to do with her two children or pretty much admitted they wanted her only for physical reasons. She had numerous offers.

Every Russian woman I have ever met, with the exception of two, summed up their desire to marry a Western man for that reason: Stability.

[*]Stable life

[*]Tender, loving, faithful, and strong husband with good humor.

[*]Loving father for her children that will love them the same as he would his.

What makes your fiancée or anyone else for that matter think these things can't be found in Russia? The government has been very stable under Putin as long as you are not forging your way into politics, involved in proprietary business, or doing something a majority of hard working Russians do not engage in.

I'll admit Russia's men have a lot of beautiful ladies to choose from and can avoid the ladies who have been divorced or have kids, but that doesn't mean there aren't decent husband to be found.

I only want enough money to know all normal bills get paid every month. If we have extra, I would like to be able to have rest once a year. I only want to not have to worry every night before I sleep. It is simple what I want, I believe.
Despite what I said above, having enough money to pay the bills so you can sleep at night does not happen in Russia. Likewise based on statistical and psychological analysis here in this country financial troubles increase divorce and ruin stability.

So I stand firm that you need some money, the kind of money the average American makes in America, that guy who is living the American dream, owns his home, has two cars, and goes on vacation once a year. None of which happen for the majority of Russians no matter how much or how hard they work.

Thus this crazy notion of stability you guys have made up, really just boils down money. And stability is certainly worth sacrificing for.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.