Rebecca - Marian

Police reports and another aff of support question!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi everybody!

Well, this has been some journey and I'm glad it's almost over. (Although I have to admit EXTREME jealousy at the couples whose I-129s went through in one month. We waited 4 months for the NOA2!) (had to vent, Congrats to you, really)

Ok. I met Marian in Italy while we were both working there. I was in the military, he was there to work under the radar :whistle: On my original I-129 I stated that he lived with me (he did) in Rome for 18 months. I say he needs a police certificate from Italy. he says "no way, Italy won't be able to give me one, I was there illegally" :innocent: I don't want him to go to the interview without it or them to think I was lying. Grrr. What should we do?

AND THEN on the aff of support, I have been unemployed since returning to the US in Oct. My brother is going to cosponsor, he makes oodles of money no problem there. What do I put on myI-134? Slacker? Jobless? Homemaker? Mommy? in the business of .....chasing the baby around? Some logical help here please.

Thanks very much. Oh and just to vent a little more. Somehow, NVC got the addresses all mixed up and sent out pac 3 to ITALY :crying: (where we filed from) not Romania. We just had to go through (pure panic on my part) getting Romania to request from Italy the packet 3! ARRRRGGGG!!!! So now Italy says they mailed the packet to Romania. Not sure if they are using DHL or Diplomatic pouch. Praying they used DHL.

Any advice would be wonderfully soothing to my shaking hands.

Rebecca :wacko:

1544.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think you need to get the police report and put unemployed on the aff of support.

I had a long process too. I'm definitely in agreement that I'm looking forward to the end.

Good Luck!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

He was there for a long time - 18 months - I am pretty sure a police certificate from Italy will be required. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

yeah, I think you will need the report. We just waited from Jan. until this week for a police report from UK because she lived there. I spoke with a consul in Bucuresti and it definitely is needed. We have been waiting from July 2007 so your not the only one who's had to wait a really long time. If you have a co-sponsor I dont think being unemployed is a real problem. Good Luck to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.