games1981

I-129F Request for Evidence Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello to All,

This is my first time posting to a forum such as this, but I hope somebody may have some kind of idea on my two questions:

1) I received approval notice for my I-129F fiancee petition on Jan 31, 2008. At the same time (dated the same), I received a second envelope with a notice Request for Evidence. The USCIS wanted more proof of our having met in the last two years, so we sent more evidence for that. Now, does anybody have an idea how long it should take for the USCIS to process this next bit of information before it is forwarded on to the NVC?

2) I've read that it shouldn't be a problem for both of us to be in US, but my question is the opposite: I filed the I-129F fiancee petition while I was still in the States, but a couples months after that I moved to live with my fiancee in Lima, Peru. Has anybody heard of there being any kind of a problem with this? I'm able to get all the information and help I need from my family back in the US, so I don't see if being a problem.

After several months of this and a lot of Internet searching, I feel fairly knowledgable on a lot of this, but there seem to be a thousand individual scenarios. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Hello to All,

This is my first time posting to a forum such as this, but I hope somebody may have some kind of idea on my two questions:

1) I received approval notice for my I-129F fiancee petition on Jan 31, 2008. At the same time (dated the same), I received a second envelope with a notice Request for Evidence. The USCIS wanted more proof of our having met in the last two years, so we sent more evidence for that. Now, does anybody have an idea how long it should take for the USCIS to process this next bit of information before it is forwarded on to the NVC?

2) I've read that it shouldn't be a problem for both of us to be in US, but my question is the opposite: I filed the I-129F fiancee petition while I was still in the States, but a couples months after that I moved to live with my fiancee in Lima, Peru. Has anybody heard of there being any kind of a problem with this? I'm able to get all the information and help I need from my family back in the US, so I don't see if being a problem.

After several months of this and a lot of Internet searching, I feel fairly knowledgable on a lot of this, but there seem to be a thousand individual scenarios. Any insight would be much appreciated.

You should not have gotten both an RFE and an approval notice on the same day. That must be a mistake. I would call the service center

As for living in Peru, I don't think it's a problem.

2008-03-01 Sent I-129F via Express mail

2008-03-03 I-129F package received at VSC mailroom

2008-03-04 NOA1

2008-03-06 Touched

2008-03-20 Touched

2008-03-21 Touched

2008-03-23 Touched

2008-04-02 Touched, then approved!!

2008-05-16 Medical Exam

2008-06-16 Interview...VISA APPROVED!!!

Igor's Lists

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

That NOA2 and RFE on the same day is the strangest thing I have heard. Did you call them to find out more? Really strange. I have no experience with the RFE but most people say it is only a slight delay...but the delay is for the NOA2 so I really have no idea...

As for being in Peru, the only issue I could see would be not being able to meet the income requirements for the affidavit of support. Now if you are retired or something like that that would not be an issue.

I do know of a gentleman from VJ that went to stay in Peru for a long part of the wait for his fiance's visa. He was retired so the income part was no problem...

As long as you are ok on the income side, and you intend to make your home in the US after Visa approval, I think all will be well.

Best of luck!

Jun: I Met Elias in Peru

Oct: Returned to Peru. Elias proposed!!

Nov 26: Mailed I-129F to VSC

Nov 28: Rec. Signature Confirm of delivery from USPS

Nov 29: Check cashed ; rec. receipt number. E-NOA1

Feb 14: Touch

Feb 14: NOA2 by email!

Feb 19: File Arrived @ NVC

Feb 20: Hard-copy NOA2

Feb 21: File Left NVC for Lima.

Feb 25: File @ U.S. embassy in Lima!

Mar 04: Rec. Packet 3/4

Mar 18: 8 a.m. My Morenito's Interview!!

Mar 25: VISA IN HAND!!!

Apr 4: My love is home!!!!

Apr 29: Our marriage. And life begins anew..

Dec 31: Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP to Chicago

Jan 5: Rec. e-mail confirm of delivery from USPS

Jan 8: Check cashed. MSC number not visible....

Jan 12: Rec. Hard Copy Notices for AOS, EAD, and AP. Touched

Jan 16: Rec. NOA-Biometrics Scheduled 1/28/09

Jan 28: 9:00 a.m. Biometrics appt. Fast - 15 minutes in and out!

Jan 29: Touched.

Feb 3: AOS Trans. to CSC

Feb 10: AOS Arrived @ CSC

Mar 04: Touch on AOS

Mar 09: Notifice that AP approved 3/6/09

Mar 13: Rec. AP

Mar 16: Rec. EAD (surprised as USCIS shows no updates)

Apr 3: Rec Welcome Letter, AOS approved 03/30 (surprise, no updates on website)

Apr 8: GC Received

June 5: Our precious baby girl arrived!

June 7: Our darling son arrived!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

games, do you mind saying what evidence you've sent that they asked for more? I'm a bit concerned about mine as I don't have copies of my tickets or hotel receipts. I only have visas, passport stamps, pictures and a receipt for an Indian domestic airline ticket (Varanasi to Delhi) from our last month's vacation. I wonder is that's going to be enough.

Dmitry

Edited by Dmitry

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-07-30

It is a little weird to receive both an RFE and Approval on the same day. I'd agree with the others, you should call the center and ask for clarifications. Let's hope and pray that the mistake was the RFE and that you have indeed received your NOA2 without any need for RFE.

your time line indicates that you have applied in July.. it has been a very long wait for you already. Hope they clear up the RFE thing coz you deserve to have that Approval without the added buts and the ifs.

i wish you the best. God bless.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello to All,

I got RFE too from VSC, after 2 months from NOA1. They asked for more evidence on my status to be able to marry. I provided letters from lawyers and they accepted it Jan 31,2008 and resumed my processing. I got my approval just this March 18, 2008. Maybe you got a wrong mail from them...try to find it out by calling USCIS. Good Luck...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
games, do you mind saying what evidence you've sent that they asked for more? I'm a bit concerned about mine as I don't have copies of my tickets or hotel receipts. I only have visas, passport stamps, pictures and a receipt for an Indian domestic airline ticket (Varanasi to Delhi) from our last month's vacation. I wonder is that's going to be enough.

Dmitry

You probably have more than enough but each examiner have their own criteria - I only sent two pictures of us together and just used one line on the I129 to describe how we met. (No passport copies, ticket copies or boarding passes - I sent a copy of my itinerary and that was all. )

What concerns me about your trip is that you didn't stop-over in Khajuraho - a one day stay and you could have seen the fabulous temples of Khajuraho (also known as the sex temples)! Don't worry - send as much evidence as makes you comfortable - I always send the minimum (and for the petition I only had 2 pictures of us together anyway!) Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.