Eric-Pris

vaccinations

15 posts in this topic

My fiancee has an appt for the medical exam next Monday, and she was told to bring her vaccination card.

My fiancee had all the vaccines when she was growing up, but can't find her records. Her mother doesn't have them either. She's going to go to a clinic where she went as a kid to see if maybe they have her records.

If she can't find them, will they make her get all the vaccines again? She was told at her private doctor's office that some vaccines are for kids only and if you've received them as a kid, you can't (shouldn't?) receive them again.

But what do you do if you can't find the vaccination records from your childhood? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

*Our embassy requires vaccinations for the k-1.

Edited by kid brooklyn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

There are tests for immunity to the diseases that immigrations requires vaccinations for, the tests are called titer tests.

My wife just went and got re-vaccinated for the required vaccinations for her age.

Typically

• Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR)
  • Tetanus and diptheria toxoids (TD)
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox)
Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
My fiancee has an appt for the medical exam next Monday, and she was told to bring her vaccination card.

My fiancee had all the vaccines when she was growing up, but can't find her records. Her mother doesn't have them either. She's going to go to a clinic where she went as a kid to see if maybe they have her records.

If she can't find them, will they make her get all the vaccines again? She was told at her private doctor's office that some vaccines are for kids only and if you've received them as a kid, you can't (shouldn't?) receive them again.

But what do you do if you can't find the vaccination records from your childhood? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

I was in similar situation, unable to locate medical records.

When I went to have medical done I was required to have vaccines done again. I had MMR and Tetanus shots.

They did take my word for having chicken pox as a kid though, and so I was not required to have that one done.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for your help.

I didn't have my records either, due to being surprised at needing them before AOS! Dr. Chaves made me have HepB, Varicella & Tetanus/Diptheria only. The others were all ticked as "not age appropriate" (I'm 31 if that helps any). Basically the others they assume you either had as a kid, and unless she is immuno suppressed in any other way (either by age or other illness) they will assume she is healthy enough to not need Pneumoccocal or Flu.

By the way, tell her to eat breakfast BEFORE her shots...I almost passed out after mine as I hadn't eaten!! :o

:)

AOS Timeline

April 18, 2008 Civil Wedding at the courthouse

April 25. 2008 AOS packet sent to Chicago

April 29, 2008 AOS packet delivered

May 5, 2008 Receipt date for I-485, I-765 & I-131

May 9, 2008 NOA's & Biometrics Appointment letter received

May 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

June 6, 2008 Case transferred to CSC

July 8, 2008 AP Approved

July 14, 2008 EAD Approved

October 10, 2008 I-485 Approved

October 14, 2008 Green card received

I-129F Timeline

Sept 13, 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 15, 2007 I-129F received at VSC at 2:32pm

Sept 17, 2007 NOA1 Receipt

Jan 25, 2008 NOA2 Receipt

Jan 31, 2008 NVC received approved petition from USCIS, VT

Feb 4, 2008 NVC letter received with new case number & Petition forwarded to San Jose, Costa Rica

Feb 7, 2008 DHL package signed for by R MORA at San Jose Embassy

Mar 5, 2008 Picked up packet & scheduled interview for Mar 14th

Mar 7, 2008 Blood work & Xray medicals complete

Mar 10, 2008 Physical & vaccinations complete

Mar 14, 2008 Interview - receive 221(g) for missing Single certificate for Costa Rica

Mar 26, 2008 Pick up completed Single Cert from the Registro Civil & deliver to Embassy

Apr 2, 2008 Deliver Australian Single status cert to Embassy

Apr 8, 2008 Approved!! Visa in hand same day :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for your help.

I didn't have my records either, due to being surprised at needing them before AOS! Dr. Chaves made me have HepB, Varicella & Tetanus/Diptheria only. The others were all ticked as "not age appropriate" (I'm 31 if that helps any). Basically the others they assume you either had as a kid, and unless she is immuno suppressed in any other way (either by age or other illness) they will assume she is healthy enough to not need Pneumoccocal or Flu.

By the way, tell her to eat breakfast BEFORE her shots...I almost passed out after mine as I hadn't eaten!! :o

:)

I'm surprised you had to do the HepB vaccination....I thought this was only required if you are under 18 years old.

Does anyone have more info on that?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-01-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-01-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-03

NVC Received : 2008-03-05

NVC Left : 2008-03-07

Consulate Received : 2008-03-10

Packet 3 Received : 2008-03-25

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-03-31

Medical: 2008-04-01

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Filed: Timeline

I didn't have a vaccination record, either. To compound things.... I grew up in two countries. What I did was take a copy of the Immunization Requirements to my GP. He read it, gave me a couple of booster shots, took what he knew of my former country's immunization requirements, and wrote it all down on his prescription pad. The panel physician took that information and copied it into their DS-3025 immunization worksheet, and all went well.

iagree.gif

Timeline
I'm surprised you had to do the HepB vaccination....I thought this was only required if you are under 18 years old.

Anyone who hasn't had HepB previously will need it. I haven't read a case anywhere on here where it wasn't required...

Edited by vanessaandbrent

AOS Timeline

July 8, 2008 AP Approved

I-129F Timeline

Feb 4, 2008 NVC letter received with new case number & Petition forwarded to San Jose, Costa Rica

Mar 14, 2008 Interview - receive 221(g) for missing Single certificate for Costa Rica

Mar 26, 2008 Pick up completed Single Cert from the Registro Civil & deliver to Embassy

Filed: Timeline

Anyone who hasn't had HepB previously will need it. I haven't read a case anywhere on here where it wasn't required...

Hmm. Must be new guidelines. I never had to have it.

iagree.gif

Thanks for your help.

I got my records from the clinic.they're keeping records about each kid.

And that's absurd- she cannot get double vaccinations.

.png

UURI.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't require HepB either - it was not considered age appropriate.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
I got my records from the clinic.they're keeping records about each kid.

And that's absurd- she cannot get double vaccinations.

Absurd? Maybe...

But nevertheless, if you can't prove you had them, they can and will make you have it! Unless of course you don't want your visa!? :D

From what I read, people who have gone for vaccinations recently have all needed HepB (not that I may not have missed a couple that didn't...)

AOS Timeline

July 8, 2008 AP Approved

I-129F Timeline

My fiancee went to her private doctor and got a HepB vaccine and the flu shot.

She's still looking for her records, but if she doesn't locate them, then she and her doctor will figure out what to do.

Timeline
But nevertheless, if you can't prove you had them, they can and will make you have it! Unless of course you don't want your visa!? :D

Not really. Most people get a titre test.

Ah, yes...you clearly don't live in a third world country :D Unfortunately it's not an option...so, yes really.

AOS Timeline

July 8, 2008 AP Approved

I-129F Timeline

My fiancee also didn't have her shot records, so we had to do them. We got the following first round shots in Thailand for about $40 US dollars

Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR)

Tetanus and diptheria toxoids (TD)

Varicella (Chicken Pox)

We got the second round of shots here in the USA, and the cost was 10X higher! SHEESH!

Peace,

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.