mawilson

Russian swearwords

24 posts in this topic

A good root that hasn't been mentioned yet is "ebat'"... With different prefixes you can express everything from forgetting your keys to totally beating someone up to a way to answer kak dela.

I used a form of this word that I was accustomed to using for "private interactions" with a special lady friend of mine with a different lady friend, and needless to say, she wasn't too happy. She almost didn't want to have "private interactions" with me anymore after that but I saved it with the helicopter routine.

You should definitely "test the waters" with even your most intimate of acquaintances when it comes to using the foul language. Some, you'll find, use it as everyday conversation (taking it to the "art form" level) and others are appalled or insulted if you use it around them. And the last thing you want is for a special lady friend to be appalled or insulted right before you're about to have "private interactions."

For example,

"go" = hodit (Russian), chodzić (Polish)

"go around" = obhodit (Russian), obchodzić (Polish)

"go across" = perehodit (Russian), przechodzić (Polish)

"go through" = prohodit (Russian), przechodzić (Polish)

"go/come in (?)" = prihodit (Russian), przychodzić (Polish)

ob- = round/circum-, stoyat = stand

ob-stoyat-elstvo -> circum-stance

This is just like Latin class all over again. And my teacher did her best to convince us, "Guys, you really are going to use this someday. Trust me." I should've paid more attention.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Somehow my quotes got all f'd up in there. Jason, ensure you're pointing the finger safely AWAY from Sasha if you're to drop the pizdonka bomb. Probably in the general direction of a rather "healthy" woman who doesn't have a clue what it is and has several obstacles in the way should she decide to stampede. Good luck!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
I used a form of this word that I was accustomed to using for "private interactions" with a special lady friend of mine with a different lady friend, and needless to say, she wasn't too happy. She almost didn't want to have "private interactions" with me anymore after that but I saved it with the helicopter routine.

You should definitely "test the waters" with even your most intimate of acquaintances when it comes to using the foul language. Some, you'll find, use it as everyday conversation (taking it to the "art form" level) and others are appalled or insulted if you use it around them. And the last thing you want is for a special lady friend to be appalled or insulted right before you're about to have "private interactions."

Hahaha if you used what i'm thinking you used... Even as a foreigner if a guy used it, i would slap his face. My friend was interested in some guy and his friend used this word to describe his activities with girls... I told her not to date a guy who even associated with guys who used such language with ladies he just met.

Первый блин комом.

Hahaha if you used what i'm thinking you used... Even as a foreigner if a guy used it, i would slap his face. My friend was interested in some guy and his friend used this word to describe his activities with girls... I told her not to date a guy who even associated with guys who used such language with ladies he just met.

I was being all cool with my "past knowledge" of Russian language updated with my recent book smarts and self-teachings. (Coupled with a recently increased sense of, "you da man!" among my buddies for being the only one able to talk to, and subsequently seal the deal with, Russian girls) And anyway, I actually invited a young lady to engage in "private interactions" (yes, it was the word you're thinking of) after dropping the standard "kak vas zavout?" followed by a quick "oochin priyatna, krasivaya" I leaned in for the kill, whispered softly in her ear, "Ya khachu ****** s'taboy"

The look that followed quickly had me in Matrix mode and I was ready to slow-mo duck back to avoid the five fingers to the face, "SLAP!" ("I'm Rick James, beeeitch!")

But, it never came. Instead she simply asked, "who teach you this words?" I didn't have the heart to tell her, or you guys, for that matter :whistle: so I segued into something about how her hair smelled so wonderful (and not unlike cotton candy... how do they do that?) and how I'd only use "high class" words around a goddess such as herself from then on. After that, the room started to smell like bull$#!t, but she didn't seem to mind.

Hook, line, and sinker.

I learned a valuable lesson that day, and that is, you can't say it to her in the intro..... but if you're good boy, she'll be saying it to you later. (Yes, even that word!)

Русский форум член.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Interesting topic,

when I started learning english my first words were bad too. And my vocabulary hasnt exactly changed. How do you go about using those words in conversations with Russians?

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

'Idi na hui' - even though I am not male, I love that one! :)

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

Filed: Timeline
Interesting topic,

when I started learning english my first words were bad too. And my vocabulary hasnt exactly changed. How do you go about using those words in conversations with Russians?

I've been told that until you really have a grasp on Russian, you should avoid too much cursing. One person will laugh with you, another person will be gravely insulted, and it's often hard to tell who will be the laugher and who the insulter until you've called their mother a ballsucker. Definitely don't be the first to bring some мат into the conversation unless you know the people you're with very well.

Timeline
Interesting topic,

I've been told that until you really have a grasp on Russian, you should avoid too much cursing. One person will laugh with you, another person will be gravely insulted, and it's often hard to tell who will be the laugher and who the insulter until you've called their mother a ballsucker. Definitely don't be the first to bring some мат into the conversation unless you know the people you're with very well.

I would probably laugh, but I do know old fashion people who wouldnt find it amusing. Haha :rofl:

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Interesting topic,

Are you asking how I would go about using Russian bad words in conversations with Russians or how I would use English bad words in conversations with with Russians?

It's very easy.

For drinking buddies, nice looking girls, family, etc. it's no big deal to throw a little mat into a toast or follow up a suggestive glance, complain about the weather and how we never call anymore, etc.

For hooligans on the street late at night, it's probably better to mix in some English words to throw them off long enough to run away from the mob.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.