Sofiyya

Arab Bashing

192 posts in this topic

VW, there's a saying 'cast not thy pearls before swine.' Wrong religious tradition, but probably worth taking to heart here. I don't think anyone thinks wahrania's an expert on MENA, Islam, or relationships.

wahrania, you can continue to wave your little 'but think of the children' flag along with your 'I tell it like it is' flag until you have your own semaphore routine, but you're ignoring tammy's posts at this point.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
As I just sat and read this thread...I felt like I was reading an inbox of angry pm's. ..........#######? I think ya'll need to get a room and hash it out. I have a positive life to attend to, I know I can just close it and not read, I'm a big girl now...but come on people, probably all of vj are laughing again at our MENA forum and it doesn't have to be this way.

jJ

Seriously. #######?

And FWIW, I know that Wahrania is not a troll as well.

I think if people don't like what she has to say, they can put her on ignore. Hell, I did for a while (no offense).

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
As I just sat and read this thread...I felt like I was reading an inbox of angry pm's. ..........#######? I think ya'll need to get a room and hash it out. I have a positive life to attend to, I know I can just close it and not read, I'm a big girl now...but come on people, probably all of vj are laughing again at our MENA forum and it doesn't have to be this way.

jJ

party pooper!!!!!! I think Charles was gettin' the mud box ready!!! :lol::lol:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

It is true. If you read some Off Topic threads about Palestinian-Israeli conflict, you will see it. There are some members who love to make inflammatory comments about Arabs and Palestinians in general. And some members support those comments as well. I have been replying them though I am not an Arab, because I think, no one should make inflammatory comments about any racial group.

Edited by simple_male

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Ok let's change it to Latino bashing, way better, since I grew up in the culture.

Have a laugh on my people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just find it interesting that several months back, it was all "go Wahrania, stand up against those 'MENA Bullies'!" Maybe at least after this, that won't be as popular a bandwagon to jump on anymore.

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

All this is nothing new -- I've seen incidents of "Arab-bashing" on the part of *some* of our own members since I got here.

And it's never been "ok" just because a MENA member does it -- plenty of our members have consistently called it out and denounced it every time. (Of course sometimes they get flamed for it... )

Anyway, "it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood...."

35mmd87.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok let's change it to Latino bashing, way better, since I grew up in the culture.

Have a laugh on my people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No latino bashing pweease :( ...por favor! I, for one wouldn't allow that :bonk: or at least I wouldn't keep quiet about it.

Nobody should bash any specific nationality. There's good and bad EVERYWHERE.

I pray this whole situation will stop soon, cause wallahi it really saddens me to know that at this day and age people still hold a certain culture responsible for all the wrong instead of just blaming the person.

I say this cause I've seen it done and I've had "jokes" and certain comments made to me just for being Puerto Rican...now add the fact that I'm a puerto rican muslim, all i can hear is: ohhhh what is this world coming to!! (as iffff that has anything to do with the person I am).

Having said that, I'm puerto rican, I'm muslim and I'm darned proud of it!! :thumbs:

Ok, I'm done

Edited by ayesha4akram

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I pretty much try to stay out of the bashing thing personally, I just don't see the point. But I have to admit when Wahrani is bashing GEG with her comments about Moroccan men and married to older women I think she forgets that this is not just an attack on her, but others, like myself. No one can judge a mans motives for marriage, even if he is Moroccan and even if she is older. Its what is in the man heart that counts. I understand that these 2 don't see eye to eye, but don't forget the others you are affecting with harsh words.

I was really enjoying it there for awhile a peaceful forum filled with support, but this is too much. :unsure:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

It was just a joke I am too puerto rican, just trying to lighten up the subject, really it is just in fun. Life is too short, to worry about what or who is saying about culture or race. People can just be funny, and a good laugh is better sometimes than a anti depressant.

Laughter activates the chemistry of the will to live and increases our capacity to fight disease. Laughing relaxes the body and reduces problems associated with high blood pressure, strokes, arthritis, and ulcers. Some research suggests that laughter may also reduce the risk of heart disease. Historically, research has shown that distressing emotions (depression, anger, anxiety, and stress) are all related to heart disease. A study done at the University of Maryland Medical Center suggests that a good sense of humor and the ability to laugh at stressful situations helps mitigate the damaging physical effects of distressing emotions.

A good hearty laugh can help:

* reduce stress

* lower blood pressure

* elevate mood

* boost immune system

* improve brain functioning

* protect the heart

* connect you to others

* foster instant relaxation

* make you feel good.

Our muscles are more relaxed after we laugh, and we just feel better in general. Laughter makes us temporarily forget about our pain, both physical and emotional.

Recent studies by cardiologists at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore, indicate that laughter may prevent heart disease. Laughter even lowers blood pressure.

One of the most interesting findings was that people who had heart disease generally laughed less at situations in their lives, (even positive events), and they were also more outwardly angry and hostile. Laughter can lessen anger and anxiety.

When we have the ability to laugh at life, and our circumstances, we are much less likely to give in to depression and a feeling of helplessness.

Ever notice those “laugh tracks” that play in the background of some of your favorite comedy shows? The producers are well aware of the contagious nature of laughter.

Research has shown that preschoolers laugh up to 400 times a day, while adults only laugh an average of 17 times per day. (What a shame.) We need to start looking for ways to increase our laughter. It will keep us young at heart. Watch a funny TV program or movie, read a humorous book, or socialize with friends and laugh joyfully together.

G.K. Chesterton wrote, “Angels fly because they take themselves lightly.” What great advice for all of us. We need to lighten up, and not take everything so seriously. Socrates wrote, “The comic and the tragic lie inseparably close, like light and shadow.” Tamara Jenkins, writer and director of the Academy Award nominated movie, The Savages, commented in a recent interview that “Tragedy and comedy often operate in stereo.”

Studies have shown that even fake smiling (for no real reason) produces positive effects, as does fake laughter. Isn’t that interesting? (It could just be that taking a leap of faith into laughter, actually produces true laughter before it’s over.)

Pessimists are more likely to get sick when stressed, and they take longer to recover after surgical procedures.

Couples who laugh together often stay together, and enjoy more intimacy. Laughter actually plays a role in mating, and men are attracted to women who laugh freely. Females laugh more than men, and men are often the source of their laughter, according to Psychology Today. In fact, it is the laughter of the female that is a primary determination in whether a relationship is healthy. It might just be that the secret to a great romantic relationship is laughter. It helps us draw closer during the good times, and can restore closeness after the bad times. Many marriage counselors and family therapists are incorporating laughter therapy into their practices.

“The most wasted day is that in which we have not laughed.”

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
It was just a joke I am too puerto rican, just trying to lighten up the subject, really it is just in fun. Life is too short, to worry about what or who is saying about culture or race. People can just be funny, and a good laugh is better sometimes than a anti depressant.

Laughter activates the chemistry of the will to live and increases our capacity to fight disease. Laughing relaxes the body and reduces problems associated with high blood pressure, strokes, arthritis, and ulcers. Some research suggests that laughter may also reduce the risk of heart disease. Historically, research has shown that distressing emotions (depression, anger, anxiety, and stress) are all related to heart disease. A study done at the University of Maryland Medical Center suggests that a good sense of humor and the ability to laugh at stressful situations helps mitigate the damaging physical effects of distressing emotions.

A good hearty laugh can help:

* reduce stress

* lower blood pressure

* elevate mood

* boost immune system

* improve brain functioning

* protect the heart

* connect you to others

* foster instant relaxation

* make you feel good.

Our muscles are more relaxed after we laugh, and we just feel better in general. Laughter makes us temporarily forget about our pain, both physical and emotional.

Recent studies by cardiologists at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore, indicate that laughter may prevent heart disease. Laughter even lowers blood pressure.

One of the most interesting findings was that people who had heart disease generally laughed less at situations in their lives, (even positive events), and they were also more outwardly angry and hostile. Laughter can lessen anger and anxiety.

When we have the ability to laugh at life, and our circumstances, we are much less likely to give in to depression and a feeling of helplessness.

Ever notice those "laugh tracks" that play in the background of some of your favorite comedy shows? The producers are well aware of the contagious nature of laughter.

Research has shown that preschoolers laugh up to 400 times a day, while adults only laugh an average of 17 times per day. (What a shame.) We need to start looking for ways to increase our laughter. It will keep us young at heart. Watch a funny TV program or movie, read a humorous book, or socialize with friends and laugh joyfully together.

G.K. Chesterton wrote, "Angels fly because they take themselves lightly." What great advice for all of us. We need to lighten up, and not take everything so seriously. Socrates wrote, "The comic and the tragic lie inseparably close, like light and shadow." Tamara Jenkins, writer and director of the Academy Award nominated movie, The Savages, commented in a recent interview that "Tragedy and comedy often operate in stereo."

Studies have shown that even fake smiling (for no real reason) produces positive effects, as does fake laughter. Isn't that interesting? (It could just be that taking a leap of faith into laughter, actually produces true laughter before it's over.)

Pessimists are more likely to get sick when stressed, and they take longer to recover after surgical procedures.

Couples who laugh together often stay together, and enjoy more intimacy. Laughter actually plays a role in mating, and men are attracted to women who laugh freely. Females laugh more than men, and men are often the source of their laughter, according to Psychology Today. In fact, it is the laughter of the female that is a primary determination in whether a relationship is healthy. It might just be that the secret to a great romantic relationship is laughter. It helps us draw closer during the good times, and can restore closeness after the bad times. Many marriage counselors and family therapists are incorporating laughter therapy into their practices.

"The most wasted day is that in which we have not laughed."

oh G Girl, I knew you weren't serious :lol: , I just didn't want anybody getting the wrong idea and actually doing it :lol:

And I agree with you about how important laughing is. :thumbs:

Hugs,

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Charles Mason is passionate too. You people who believe that what she is doing is ok perhaps have similar issues as she does, wanting to bash whole groups of people and anyone who disagrees with your bashing to so you can further your own agenda, but it will not go unopposed. It's not right and it should be said. Passion is no excuse for brazen bigotry and ignorant rants.

charles manson.................OMG..first you think I am a balding golfer...now I am in mansons league...oh boy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.