yaziedandlisa

TO MENA MEN!

48 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm sorry, but my husband doesn't fit any of the 3 pigeonholes. He's such a square peg.

What to dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ?????????

:lol::lol::lol:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'm sorry, but my husband doesn't fit any of the 3 pigeonholes. He's such a square peg.

i suppose a hammer would help fit a square peg into a round hole.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I want to cast my vote here as well: I am married to a wonderful Arab muslim man from Jordan. He has been here since May, 2007. We both have had to make some adjustments since he has been here, mostly because of cultural differences. But he is proving to be very committed to our marriage. God has blessed him with a good job and he takes pride in financially supporting me. Before he arrived, I was working two jobs; part-time as a teacher and fulltime as an addiction counselor. Immediately after he started working, he demanded that I quit my part-time job. We are close in age; he's 54 and I'm 60 and we continually give thanks to Allah for bringing us together. So my prayer is that all of my MENA friends will find as much happiness in marriage as I have.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I want to cast my vote here as well: I am married to a wonderful Arab muslim man from Jordan. He has been here since May, 2007. We both have had to make some adjustments since he has been here, mostly because of cultural differences. But he is proving to be very committed to our marriage. God has blessed him with a good job and he takes pride in financially supporting me. Before he arrived, I was working two jobs; part-time as a teacher and fulltime as an addiction counselor. Immediately after he started working, he demanded that I quit my part-time job. We are close in age; he's 54 and I'm 60 and we continually give thanks to Allah for bringing us together. So my prayer is that all of my MENA friends will find as much happiness in marriage as I have.

awww.. thanks for the positive feedback!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Yeah I super duper (L) (L) (L) moi MENA man.

I think the OP is saying "not all MENA men are bad" and "if you're happy with your MENA man, please say so here."

Really not such a bad idea for a topic, even if it spun off the ongoing trainwreck in the other thread.

So I will answer the OP -- yes, I'm very happy ! My husband is the best thing that ever happened to me.

(F)

-MK

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Wow, the OP starts a thread intending to defend Arab men against stereotypes, and spread the love, but you and wahrania can't resist not only stereotyping them further, but then announcing that anyone who disagrees with you not only has no odea what they are talking about, but you slam Arab women who don't fit your idea of what an authentic Arab woman is like (of course, they would have to fit your stereotypes and agree with you to be authentic).

You two have some real insecurities that not only make me wonder why you chose Arab men, but why you constantly need to advertise your narrow biases on pretty much any thread you post on. It's clear to me who the ignorant ones are.

Women are easily moved like leaves in the wind by other peoples words. Men are not. Woman tend to get weak in love when men can usually maintain themselves. With that being said I think the negative experiences on the board have reflected on how women take their men now and very cautiously. I think most womens spouses here don't read what's written on here or anywhere on the net or in person to actually worry about their women as women worry about men. Men usually automatically trust their women not to do something horrible to them.

Whoever believes "Generalizations about arab men" CANNOT be true I think you're living in some kind of dream or something? There's just about 3 categories ARAB men fall into.

Religious & Serious and/OR controlling (won't accept a women with kids from previous marriage, wife has to be virgin before marriage, no gfs, will never accept modern style of living, shy,)

Laid back yet knows his respect and religion (shy,previous gfs but virgin bc of his religious beliefs, open to any culture and will learn it such as American culture, talks about other womens beauty with gf/wife),

Modernized/westernized (will drink,party,previous gfs, loves and lives in american culture, accepts wife to have male friends).

Some people might think I'm wrong and I don't know anything but I've grown up with all kinds of arab men. You can argue until you turn blue but it's still a real fact. Any other arab women on this board will off hand agree with me Arab men will speak more freely to us than someone from a different background .(American women who think they are arab don't count) Whatever bad intentions he has for an american/british or whatever woman he won't openly discuss that with her as he would with a woman from his own country or his culture. They are more open to speak bad motives with someone in the same culture vs telling another american hey im just going to use this american woman for a GC. That's just not realistic for a woman to ask are you using me or would you use me if i was another woman? and the man replying yes if you were another woman I'd use you but you are you so I loovveee you. I'm pretty sure that's joked (let me go marry a woman for a GC ) around alot with arabs among themselves even if they'd never consider using an american/french/austrailian citizen for citizenship. Not all fingers on the hand are same that is such a typical answer from all arabs. Just because a man says a typical line doesn't mean you don't have to worry about him. NOBODY considers them same to anybody else in this world. I don't consider myself same to any woman in this life but men can look at me and categorize me in whatever I fit in. There is a difference in personality when Arab men marry their own vs American. It's the same as American men marrying arab women. There's a difference in personality dealing with another culture.

Brother maybe you might not be bad but you are Aware there are many many men who use women from your country that's a fact you can never push off.

Edited by Virtual wife

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Not sure what is the normal MENA man? My husband is kinda of just normal man, loves to go camping, and hunt poor small animals, with his friends. Totally normal, I on the other hand hate camping, thank goodness he goes with his friends. If I see a spider or some kind of nasty bug, it will be a very bad day camping. My mother loves to camp also, my husband and mother seem to think getting back to nature is a good thing. I say take me to the Hilton where there is a bed, and room service. :thumbs:

So clue me in what is the MENA man suppose to be cause I am interested to hear this one.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

thanx for every1 who posted and discussed this.. and thanx tammy for her post.. u will be better inshallah and evrything will be fine... and thanx for my sweetheart lisa so much,,, and bahbek ya omri

yzd

A 1000 MiLeS jOuRnEy BeGiNs WiTh 1 StEp.

coollogo_com_85561955.gif

thDSC04457.jpgthcutehabibiti.jpgthDSC04482.jpgthDSC04476.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/mejwez

i spent 15 months and 13 days without my wife.... enough said

http://www.4shared.com/file/87165041/271184eb/__-__.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It was nice to read a post started by an MENA man expressing his love for his American wife and encouraging others to follow suit. I am not MENA nor a man but read this forum every now and again as I do find it fascinating to try and appreciate the cultural differences individuals from MENA countries face coming to the US, and seeing how they and their spouses deal with these challenges. So, thank you HAYATI for giving a voice to the other half of the equation. It was nice to read.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Wow, the OP starts a thread intending to defend Arab men against stereotypes, and spread the love, but you and wahrania can't resist not only stereotyping them further, but then announcing that anyone who disagrees with you not only has no odea what they are talking about, but you slam Arab women who don't fit your idea of what an authentic Arab woman is like (of course, they would have to fit your stereotypes and agree with you to be authentic).

You two have some real insecurities that not only make me wonder why you chose Arab men, but why you constantly need to advertise your narrow biases on pretty much any thread you post on. It's clear to me who the ignorant ones are.

Women are easily moved like leaves in the wind by other peoples words. Men are not. Woman tend to get weak in love when men can usually maintain themselves. With that being said I think the negative experiences on the board have reflected on how women take their men now and very cautiously. I think most womens spouses here don't read what's written on here or anywhere on the net or in person to actually worry about their women as women worry about men. Men usually automatically trust their women not to do something horrible to them.

Whoever believes "Generalizations about arab men" CANNOT be true I think you're living in some kind of dream or something? There's just about 3 categories ARAB men fall into.

Religious & Serious and/OR controlling (won't accept a women with kids from previous marriage, wife has to be virgin before marriage, no gfs, will never accept modern style of living, shy,)

Laid back yet knows his respect and religion (shy,previous gfs but virgin bc of his religious beliefs, open to any culture and will learn it such as American culture, talks about other womens beauty with gf/wife),

Modernized/westernized (will drink,party,previous gfs, loves and lives in american culture, accepts wife to have male friends).

Some people might think I'm wrong and I don't know anything but I've grown up with all kinds of arab men. You can argue until you turn blue but it's still a real fact. Any other arab women on this board will off hand agree with me Arab men will speak more freely to us than someone from a different background .(American women who think they are arab don't count) Whatever bad intentions he has for an american/british or whatever woman he won't openly discuss that with her as he would with a woman from his own country or his culture. They are more open to speak bad motives with someone in the same culture vs telling another american hey im just going to use this american woman for a GC. That's just not realistic for a woman to ask are you using me or would you use me if i was another woman? and the man replying yes if you were another woman I'd use you but you are you so I loovveee you. I'm pretty sure that's joked (let me go marry a woman for a GC ) around alot with arabs among themselves even if they'd never consider using an american/french/austrailian citizen for citizenship. Not all fingers on the hand are same that is such a typical answer from all arabs. Just because a man says a typical line doesn't mean you don't have to worry about him. NOBODY considers them same to anybody else in this world. I don't consider myself same to any woman in this life but men can look at me and categorize me in whatever I fit in. There is a difference in personality when Arab men marry their own vs American. It's the same as American men marrying arab women. There's a difference in personality dealing with another culture.

Brother maybe you might not be bad but you are Aware there are many many men who use women from your country that's a fact you can never push off.

I think you should have read that first maybe. It meant there's too much negativity on this board and their husbands don't usually read the boards so they don't have to worry about their women. But women are really paying attention to the negativity on the boards and that's not healthy for them to read something online and view their husbands in that way if another member had a bad experience. I didn't post that to hurt anybody or offend them. And I also say all men are not bad but when wahrania said there ARE guys like that out there yeah it's true. I don't agree 100% with her but I do believe some men have bad intentions but those can also be altered. If you really think about it pretty much any man can fall into those categories. I'm sure everyone here considers their spouse to be an *angel* or something but I think men are men and how the wife leads him in life he will follow that example. Some women here DO worry if their spouses are using them and I dont think if you just ask the man & he will tell you "Yes I'm using you". I don't think men can come out like that and speak their motives. I was pointing out the old saying "all fingers on the hand aren't same". and I believe not ALL but majority of the time an Arab who's looking for GC benefits he won't explain to another American woman yeah I'm looking to use another woman like you. He will explain to a woman from his same culture I've been looking for an american to marry so I can stay in america or come to america. It's not the title of all arab men or personality of them but there's a handful of them. If you disagree with me that's fine but to point out I have personal insecurities it's extremely rude as I don't know you and I've never personally aimed at you or anyone else besides wahrania because "i wont reply to algerian tests to prove im algerian". If you really consider my motives to my posts against the men who ARE bad, why would I come online to bash arab men and american women marrying them? I have a life rather than to come online and break marriages or categorize men as you are thinking about me. I'm here solely to update my timelines and ask Visa questions, help other people out. If I see someone in trouble I'll definitely help them with advice I've only experienced or seen face to face.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: Timeline

I think you should have read that first maybe. It meant there's too much negativity on this board and their husbands don't usually read the boards so they don't have to worry about their women. But women are really paying attention to the negativity on the boards and that's not healthy for them to read something online and view their husbands in that way if another member had a bad experience. I didn't post that to hurt anybody or offend them. And I also say all men are not bad but when wahrania said there ARE guys like that out there yeah it's true. I don't agree 100% with her but I do believe some men have bad intentions but those can also be altered. If you really think about it pretty much any man can fall into those categories. I'm sure everyone here considers their spouse to be an *angel* or something but I think men are men and how the wife leads him in life he will follow that example. Some women here DO worry if their spouses are using them and I dont think if you just ask the man & he will tell you "Yes I'm using you". I don't think men can come out like that and speak their motives. I was pointing out the old saying "all fingers on the hand aren't same". and I believe not ALL but majority of the time an Arab who's looking for GC benefits he won't explain to another American woman yeah I'm looking to use another woman like you. He will explain to a woman from his same culture I've been looking for an american to marry so I can stay in america or come to america. It's not the title of all arab men or personality of them but there's a handful of them. If you disagree with me that's fine but to point out I have personal insecurities it's extremely rude as I don't know you and I've never personally aimed at you or anyone else besides wahrania because "i wont reply to algerian tests to prove im algerian". If you really consider my motives to my posts against the men who ARE bad, why would I come online to bash arab men and american women marrying them? I have a life rather than to come online and break marriages or categorize men as you are thinking about me. I'm here solely to update my timelines and ask Visa questions, help other people out. If I see someone in trouble I'll definitely help them with advice I've only experienced or seen face to face.

My husband who is Algerian is my best friend...we cry together...we took my little girl to the hospital together...I am having his baby....He is the best thing that ever happened to me..He knows how badly I was hurt..he's not perfect...we argue..I cry...I laugh...we fight...but I love him..I love him like the air...I am hungry for his touch..I am grieving..I almost died 2 months ago.....All I have in life to give him is my little family,my heart and a greencard...If my life can alter his....if this baby gives him back the pain of his dad dying as a child and his mom being sick all the time...if my body can carry joy to his heart...and I can be with him on his first trip to WDW...or the first time he sees a dolphin...then let my birth as a us citizen carry love to this man who has given me back the will to live after another arab took my life away from me and shattered all my dreams

I love him...I need him....I cannot live without him

Timeline

My husband who is Algerian is my best friend...we cry together...we took my little girl to the hospital together...I am having his baby....He is the best thing that ever happened to me..He knows how badly I was hurt..he's not perfect...we argue..I cry...I laugh...we fight...but I love him..I love him like the air...I am hungry for his touch..I am grieving..I almost died 2 months ago.....All I have in life to give him is my little family,my heart and a greencard...If my life can alter his....if this baby gives him back the pain of his dad dying as a child and his mom being sick all the time...if my body can carry joy to his heart...and I can be with him on his first trip to WDW...or the first time he sees a dolphin...then let my birth as a us citizen carry love to this man who has given me back the will to live after another arab took my life away from me and shattered all my dreams

thank you so much for this wharaina... and i hope the best for u and ur husband togather inshallah.. loving and chershing eachother

It was nice to read a post started by an MENA man expressing his love for his American wife and encouraging others to follow suit. I am not MENA nor a man but read this forum every now and again as I do find it fascinating to try and appreciate the cultural differences individuals from MENA countries face coming to the US, and seeing how they and their spouses deal with these challenges. So, thank you HAYATI for giving a voice to the other half of the equation. It was nice to read.

yw

lol don't think like this :star: Algerian brothers look for real love alot of girls back home use them. Alot of men are just looking for real love.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Timeline

LMAO :rofl::rofl:

www.myspace.com/mejwez that our myspace page,, all mejwez and crazy dabkeh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.