Dr. A ♥ O

Monday M/E/N/A

120 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
So many babies around here!

March Madness has officially begun...I need to work on my bracket today! :dance:

In other news, my shaariya medfouna yesterday tasted very yummy, but it didn't look right because the type of pasta wasn't quite the same.

Jenn,

Any chances that you are willing to share the recipe - this is one of the dishes that I always wanted to make...

D.

I used the recipe here: http://www.boston.com/ae/food/articles/200..._in_vermicelli/

I ended up buying cappellini nests because that's all they had at the store, even though I could tell that the pasta was too thick. I wanted to have the nests so I could crush them, but in hindsight, I should have insisted on vermicelli.

Thanks Jenn!!! The recipe looks great - I will venture into an Arabic store to make sure that I got the right pasta - thanks for the heads up. Question, did you actually use the fresh coriander (cilantro)?

Yes, I used the fresh cilantro. I omitted the orange blossom water as I didn't have any. And I do see the vermicelli nests at the Arab grocery all the time, I should have just sucked it up and drove the extra two miles! I beat myself up over the stupidest things though - it was still great.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*****homina homina homina****** wishing u, nagi, mega mojojojojo !!!!!!! May God bless u with good news!!!!! I'mma prayin fer ya

Had a super awesome weekend! I got to meet the infamous Gabi and our first MENA butterball on Sunday and lemme tell you guys, they are both even more awesome in person than they are online! I didn't wanna leave!!! I didn't get my baby fix outta me yet so we're gonna have to get together again so I can spoil that lil' guy some more!!! Mrs. Gabi was an awesome host and showed us to the most beautiful Japanese garden that I've ever seen. We fed some giant fishies, strolled along all peacefully with the wee ones and hubster and one of his friends went off for guy time. Maan o maan do I wish we had more time to spend there.

Butterball wanted me to say hi to everyone! He and I discussed the theory of relativity and he got pretty heated when we discussed how long these embassies are taking to get our loved ones over here. He is just an absolute doll!

Thanks Gabs for the great Sunday!!!! We should do it again soon!!!!

Have a great day everybody!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well, family I have not unless you mean my pets. They are all well, knock on wood. My SO is working hard, keeping as healthy as he can and tomorrow is D-day for us, but it won't be over till it's over and only God can help us.

Im glad you are back and had a good time. How is Waleed? Have you heard any news regarding your case?

Yes, that is what I meant when I said that about the extra set of foot prints...I looked hard and saw them.

Good luck Nagi! You know as always I will be praying for you! Ya know......I always wanted a sister......ya up to it? ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Do you ever feel like you are just so ignored? Well I do and although I don't post that much it seems like this forum is not for everyone. Sorry but I do feel this way.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Do you ever feel like you are just so ignored? Well I do and although I don't post that much it seems like this forum is not for everyone. Sorry but I do feel this way.

I love seeing your posts! I just can't reply to everyone all the time because my mind is on overload due to 1) visa, 2) planning 2 bday parties, 3) starving myself and 4) starving myself.

(F)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

sorry i'm busy hiding all of doodle's food :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Jenn!.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Jenn!

:P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jeanne, I love you and Im so sorry you feel ignored. I used to feel like that, but really, you would be suprised that folks notice you and that all those thoughts you have were just stinkin thinkin. (L)

To all you wonderful women, you know you make this grown lady cry with your support and prayers and reading your kind posts. How can I just say thank you? It doesnt not feel as though it is enough. My prayers are always for all of you! All of you are so dear and special to me!

:luv:

Aymerlu, we are sisters! :yes:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I see you Jeanne! I see a lot of people but I don't often say much to anyone... and it's returned :) I'm just a quiet person normally. One person once told me that I had a soft voice and that it took him over a year to ever hear me say anything at all.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

You're not ignored. Sometimes I want to say good morning to each person, but my mind is so preoccupied with things lately, that I can't get to everyone. But wallahi i'm soooo sorry you feel that way. Sending you huggggsss :luv:

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.