aya*abouelnasr

How much do you really know about your MENA man?

262 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Especially since tammy's husband is from Jordan, right? No need to bring in Morocco at all?

So if C. and I were to get divorced, make sure to go on about Australian men and how they can't be trusted. Why not? I'm sure it meets some basic standard of rationality.

LOL

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
It's 50/50. Some women follow blindly and betray their kids behind to get love with a man and he ends up leaving her. I don't pity those women even tho they are going thru mental illness. I don't think any woman in America who is SANE can NOT see or feel the feelings of being used. This is usually said easier than done. I have no experience in being used or mentally abused by a man and Thank God for that it will never happen to me. The OP came here to warn every woman about this to compare the situation to her own many thanks for that. She's not being stupid she's being real even tho she loves the guy so much she won't leave her kids no matter what. Also younger girls meeting men online and traveling to those countries wow leaving your parents for a man proves he will never respect you bc you didn't respect your parents. On a different hand many men ARE looking for love, but the woman who brings them to America she doesn't respect him. She won't give up her male friends bc "she doesn't have to" that's just so damn disrespectful after marriage your husband is your husband your wife is your wife. Your marriage is not based on multiple other men they won't be there for you when you are dying your HUSBAND will. Why would you disrespect and not honor his requests? Alot of those things make men take the green card and leave. it's ALWAYS 50/50. A woman giving all what a man needs (attractive appearence,sexual,caring,balance,) and a man giving a woman all those things THERE's NEVER dirty motives.

Oh come on Sara....just come on.. you are really too young to know all the ins and outs of marriage. You have never given birth or dealt with the ups and downs to be running your mouth like that.. The women in America often do more than any arab woman would do including bankrolling all the fees and the trips...while alot of arab women want huge gold dowries and huge weddings.. To imply its these women's fault is bullshit girly

So, being young means youre ignorant? Popping a child out, or getting married does not make you "grown up".

I know many OLDER people who have been through SEVERAL marriages and still cannot have a sucessful relationship. Does this mean they were victimized EVERY time? Or perhaps they have chosen to be in these situations over and over again without learning from past mistakes?

Age is nothing, and while I agree that with experience comes wisdom, but some things are pretty evident and obvious to anyone with any sense. Some people are lucky enough to learn from observation.. everyone is an expample, either good or bad.

I think the point has been made that you shouldnt get married to someone with expectations that you are not willing to meet or adjust to. I dont think she is impying that its anyones fault 100%-hence the 50/50 part of the post.

Yes, some people are victimized and they have "held up their end of the bargain". But in MOST cases it is 50/50 in any relationship, no matter the dynamic.

Im sorry to stick my nose in Sara.. but I cannot stand the "you're too young to understand" card. Its so condesending.

I am also sorry this whole thread has spun into a slinging match, and I am participating, however.. sometimes my tongue cannot be bitten.

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

im sorry too it went to that direction as i dont believe anyone here is being used it just wouldnt make sense how they wait 2-3 years waiting to see these women again. It's gotta be love to wait and wait and wait. If the woman "respects" the man he'll definitely respect her. IF i married an american man and didn't know about the "kissing dear friends on the cheek thing" I'd go nuts!!

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just a thought, since the sex thing appears in almost every post in this thread... There is a high incidence of depression in new immigrants. Depression can knock a person's sex drive right out, regardless of their age or ethnicity, and some men (and women) have a lot of trouble discussing this issue with their partner.

:unsure:

Note to self: stock up on lexapro PRONTO!!!! :innocent:

Just stay away from the Wellbutrin. :help:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just a thought, since the sex thing appears in almost every post in this thread... There is a high incidence of depression in new immigrants. Depression can knock a person's sex drive right out, regardless of their age or ethnicity, and some men (and women) have a lot of trouble discussing this issue with their partner.

:unsure:

Note to self: stock up on lexapro PRONTO!!!! :innocent:

Just stay away from the Wellbutrin. :help:

word! :yes:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I AM READY TO TALK TO TAMMY HUSBAND IF SHE GAVE ME A PHONE NOMBER,,,, AND FOR EVERY1 I DID THAT TO WAHRANIA CUZ SHE STARTED TALKING ABOUT MOSQUES,,, AND I DONT SAY I AM WITH THAT GUY CUZ HE IS FROM MY COUNTRY!!! HE DID WRONG!! AND IF HE DIDNT LIKE USA THEN COME BACK TO UR FAMILY YA MAN!!! DONT WASTE THE WOMAN'S TIME AND UR TIME TOO... AND ITS BAD CHOICE TO SPEND ALL THAT TIME WAITING FOR PAPERS AND STUFF THEN DISAPPOINT UR WIFE AFTER ALL OF THAT!!

I AM READY TO TALK TO TAMMY HUSBAND IF SHE GAVE ME A PHONE NOMBER,,,, AND FOR EVERY1 I DID THAT TO WAHRANIA CUZ SHE STARTED TALKING ABOUT MOSQUES,,, AND I DONT SAY I AM WITH THAT GUY CUZ HE IS FROM MY COUNTRY!!! HE DID WRONG!! AND IF HE DIDNT LIKE USA THEN COME BACK TO UR FAMILY YA MAN!!! DONT WASTE THE WOMAN'S TIME AND UR TIME TOO... AND ITS BAD CHOICE TO SPEND ALL THAT TIME WAITING FOR PAPERS AND STUFF THEN DISAPPOINT UR WIFE AFTER ALL OF THAT!!

Its not about mosques....Its not about coffee shops..and it isnt about islam...He got here...he was nice to he is getting coached from other arabs about how to hurt her..You need to realise that this is not a reflection of you or online relationships...What this guy is doing...and what has been done to other women on the boards...look at just jackies posts who was hurt without reason after a 5 year marriage,left without goodbye and he plotted against her have become the norm over here.Deemabrouk...I agree I wish you would talk to him and tell him to go home to Jordan....He s going to put Tammy in the grave from depression and traumatise her kids...I wish Jordanians like you would discourage greencard fraud....I wish you would speak out against it.....Its against Islam and unfortunately,these men make it here and get coached by other arabs who have also done it how to succeed......You need to read all of just jackies post....then go back andcarefully read all of tammys posts...and decide if you would want your wifes sister put through this...greencard fraud hurts kids,american women and its illegal

I AM GONNA GO BACK AND SAY I AM SORRY FOR TAMMY SO MUCH,,, I FEEL SHAMEFUL OF MY COUNTRY BOYZ IF THEY DO THAT AND GAVES A GREAT BAD IDEA ABOUT US AND ABOUT OUR ISLAM... MY WIFE IS MY HONOR.. KEEPING IS KEEPING MY HONOR AND HER KIDS ARE MINE... MY WIFE HAS ONE KID ,, LOVELY 4 YO BOY... I AM 21 AND LOOKS YOUNGEST ON THIS WEBSITE... BUT MY LIFE4 EXPERINCE IS LIKE 81 YEARS OLD... CUZ I AM ON THIS LIFE ,, THE REAL LIFE SINCE I WAS 13,, WORKING AND MAKING MY LIFE... AND THANX PRETTY MUCH FOR MY DAD AND MOM ... AND FYI I FINISHED MY HIGH SCHOOL STUDIES ON MY OWN!! SO I AM MATURE ENOUGH TO APPERCITE EVERYTHING MY WIFE'S DO TO ME...

WHAT BETWEEN ME AND MY WIFE IS THE MARRAIGE CONTRACT!! WITENSSED BY CLOSE PPL OF MY FAMILY, MY DEAR UNCLE AND MY YOUNGER BROTHER,, I WILL EVER NEVER DISAPPOINT THEM TOO AND SAY: I LEFT MY WIFE,,, CUZ ALL OF MY FAMILY LOVES MY WIFE SO MUCH.,.. AND THEY KEEP TALKING GOOD THINGS ABOUT HER AS SHE WAS HERE YESTERDAY NOT 2 MONTHS AGO!!!

AND I WOULD MAKE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP TAMMY... AND TALK TO HER HUSBAND.. AND I NEED TO HEAR FROM THE OTHER PERSON TOO TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEND FOR REAL!

Hayati, Waharania and Tammy

It is very clear how things get so complicated when we think that some people talking about a situation without knowing the cultural root for MENA men or in general Arabic Muslim men,

Tammy I totally understand your husband feeling and his reaction but lets be honest and stop a second, have you asked your self if you over reacted? did you ask your self if you missjudging your husband? I dont want to put all the blame on you or on him but am building my thought based on all your posts and other memebers posts,

Me as a Moroccan experiencing living in the US and now let me make something clear for you all,

Most of the women here think that because of them the MENA start to live (oh please)!!!

Most of you all think that we were in DARK untill we come to the US? OHHH wait lets stop a second and bring reality here.

to buy a chicken 6 IBs in Morocco is $ 2 here is over 20 and its frozen god knows when that chiken was killed and how!!!

even if you make 50 $ an hour it is not going to be enough living the way you want to live! so who have from you all a perfect Credit report 1 % ,2 %,

and another hurtful truth, American men they dont want women who have a bad credit right ???!!! some of you guys are very demanding, 60 % the are not looking for men because they need men, but they need help to survive, they need someone to count on!!! And here how the issues get devolopped before the EAD arrives!!! Am I making sense???!!! Yes I know the truth hurt and if somebody want to attack me am ready. Am here to make a stop to putting your men down, I'm here to tell you all, be proud of your hubbies so they can be proud of you, make them your king because they already made you their queens, make them feel lucky that they have you, GreenCard forget about it America is still making lottery for people to win GreenCard so dont comapre your self as a lottery game, its just a word that start destroying marriages, by jumping from story to another.

What a racist.

Hyatti, Thank You for being a good Arabian ( al moslimon Ikhwa) and no need for you to collect 1000 person to suspend Waharnia account, I think she got the message. God bless you and your marriage.

Dear Tammy, If you dont want your husband anymore please let me talk to him to provide for him all what he need untill he leave to go back to his dearest country.

Just a Reminder: Maybe he didnt want to help you wth the money he got because he wanted to buy cigarette and not feel like a baby askig to buy a candy. ( ........... ).

And one more things to Correct everyone >>>> You all dont know What is happening between the two of them, she can work it out for her self. Do not talk like your marriage is so perfect one day you will be in the same position and you will be hoping to hear just some good advices to make your marriage work.

WAHRANIA : I have nothing against you but if you have a little knowledge about Islam you will know the age doesn't matter as long as it is based on respecting and caring and loving each other. As the messenger mohammed married Khadija that she was in her 40's and he was in 20's.

I do feel really sorry for your previous marriages and I hope this marriage last as long as you want it. Wish you all MENA wives all the luck in your marriage and full of happiness.

incha allah :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
WAHRANIA : I have nothing against you but if you have a little knowledge about Islam you will know the age doesn't matter as long as it is based on respecting and caring and loving each other. As the messenger mohammed married Khadija that she was in her 40's and he was in 20's.

I do feel really sorry for your previous marriages and I hope this marriage last as long as you want it. Wish you all MENA wives all the luck in your marriage and full of happiness.

I didn't have the guts to say it myself, but it's true. I'm no scholar... but I know enough to know that I know little - but - I know enough to know she's wrong.

I've seen so many false statements, untruths, and downright HATEFUL things typed out by her ... seriously. If you are reading this , please - stop posting that trite - for your own sake. It sounds like you picked out of some redneck neocon board, foxnews, daniel pipes, or some hate site.

I'm at a loss ... how someone so blatantly spiteful towards Arabs / Muslims could even be married to an Algerian.

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I didn't have the guts to say it myself, but it's true. I'm no scholar... but I know enough to know that I know little - but - I know enough to know she's wrong.

I've seen so many false statements, untruths, and downright HATEFUL things typed out by her ... seriously. If you are reading this , please - stop posting that trite - for your own sake. It sounds like you picked out of some redneck neocon board, foxnews, daniel pipes, or some hate site.

I'm at a loss ... how someone so blatantly spiteful towards Arabs / Muslims could even be married to an Algerian.

She's so wrong about so many things, and so hateful. I think she's a troll.

Edited by Virtual wife

Filed: Timeline

Its not about mosques....Its not about coffee shops..and it isnt about islam...He got here...he was nice to he is getting coached from other arabs about how to hurt her..You need to realise that this is not a reflection of you or online relationships...What this guy is doing...and what has been done to other women on the boards...look at just jackies posts who was hurt without reason after a 5 year marriage,left without goodbye and he plotted against her have become the norm over here.Deemabrouk...I agree I wish you would talk to him and tell him to go home to Jordan....He s going to put Tammy in the grave from depression and traumatise her kids...I wish Jordanians like you would discourage greencard fraud....I wish you would speak out against it.....Its against Islam and unfortunately,these men make it here and get coached by other arabs who have also done it how to succeed......You need to read all of just jackies post....then go back andcarefully read all of tammys posts...and decide if you would want your wifes sister put through this...greencard fraud hurts kids,american women and its illegal

I AM GONNA GO BACK AND SAY I AM SORRY FOR TAMMY SO MUCH,,, I FEEL SHAMEFUL OF MY COUNTRY BOYZ IF THEY DO THAT AND GAVES A GREAT BAD IDEA ABOUT US AND ABOUT OUR ISLAM... MY WIFE IS MY HONOR.. KEEPING IS KEEPING MY HONOR AND HER KIDS ARE MINE... MY WIFE HAS ONE KID ,, LOVELY 4 YO BOY... I AM 21 AND LOOKS YOUNGEST ON THIS WEBSITE... BUT MY LIFE4 EXPERINCE IS LIKE 81 YEARS OLD... CUZ I AM ON THIS LIFE ,, THE REAL LIFE SINCE I WAS 13,, WORKING AND MAKING MY LIFE... AND THANX PRETTY MUCH FOR MY DAD AND MOM ... AND FYI I FINISHED MY HIGH SCHOOL STUDIES ON MY OWN!! SO I AM MATURE ENOUGH TO APPERCITE EVERYTHING MY WIFE'S DO TO ME...

WHAT BETWEEN ME AND MY WIFE IS THE MARRAIGE CONTRACT!! WITENSSED BY CLOSE PPL OF MY FAMILY, MY DEAR UNCLE AND MY YOUNGER BROTHER,, I WILL EVER NEVER DISAPPOINT THEM TOO AND SAY: I LEFT MY WIFE,,, CUZ ALL OF MY FAMILY LOVES MY WIFE SO MUCH.,.. AND THEY KEEP TALKING GOOD THINGS ABOUT HER AS SHE WAS HERE YESTERDAY NOT 2 MONTHS AGO!!!

AND I WOULD MAKE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP TAMMY... AND TALK TO HER HUSBAND.. AND I NEED TO HEAR FROM THE OTHER PERSON TOO TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEND FOR REAL!

It is very clear how things get so complicated when we think that some people talking about a situation without knowing the cultural root for MENA men or in general Arabic Muslim men,

Tammy I totally understand your husband feeling and his reaction but lets be honest and stop a second, have you asked your self if you over reacted? did you ask your self if you missjudging your husband? I dont want to put all the blame on you or on him but am building my thought based on all your posts and other memebers posts,

Me as a Moroccan experiencing living in the US and now let me make something clear for you all,

Most of the women here think that because of them the MENA start to live (oh please)!!!

Most of you all think that we were in DARK untill we come to the US? OHHH wait lets stop a second and bring reality here.

to buy a chicken 6 IBs in Morocco is $ 2 here is over 20 and its frozen god knows when that chiken was killed and how!!!

even if you make 50 $ an hour it is not going to be enough living the way you want to live! so who have from you all a perfect Credit report 1 % ,2 %,

and another hurtful truth, American men they dont want women who have a bad credit right ???!!! some of you guys are very demanding, 60 % the are not looking for men because they need men, but they need help to survive, they need someone to count on!!! And here how the issues get devolopped before the EAD arrives!!! Am I making sense???!!! Yes I know the truth hurt and if somebody want to attack me am ready. Am here to make a stop to putting your men down, I'm here to tell you all, be proud of your hubbies so they can be proud of you, make them your king because they already made you their queens, make them feel lucky that they have you, GreenCard forget about it America is still making lottery for people to win GreenCard so dont comapre your self as a lottery game, its just a word that start destroying marriages, by jumping from story to another.

What a racist.

Hyatti, Thank You for being a good Arabian ( al moslimon Ikhwa) and no need for you to collect 1000 person to suspend Waharnia account, I think she got the message. God bless you and your marriage.

Dear Tammy, If you dont want your husband anymore please let me talk to him to provide for him all what he need untill he leave to go back to his dearest country.

Just a Reminder: Maybe he didnt want to help you wth the money he got because he wanted to buy cigarette and not feel like a baby askig to buy a candy. ( ........... ).

And one more things to Correct everyone >>>> You all dont know What is happening between the two of them, she can work it out for her self. Do not talk like your marriage is so perfect one day you will be in the same position and you will be hoping to hear just some good advices to make your marriage work.

Yes Tammy,listen to him...pay even more money....You know what?How can you in good conscience know what you know and tell her to accept this #######?

Granted I am not perfect....address what this little freak did to her....You are attacking me...but you know what?The reality is you havent said a word about him....or what has happened to multiple posters over this last year..like its all sunshine and roses...Address directly what these guys are doing and I will have alot more respect for you.....Tell me that I am not correct in being furious....What should any of us say at this point?What is your opinion about what happened to tammy?Would you allow this little creep to be married to your sister?What do you think about the multiple cases over the year on the boards of women takenfor everything and hurt beyond belief?I dont see any condemnation of this from you...please elaborate

[Virtual....I may not be as "brilliant" as you.....but I certainly am not a troll..Where is your condemnation big mouth of any of this?Unfortunately,at over 50 years old married to a man 20 years younger than you....he hasnt gotten here yet to pull the horror show that tammy is going through...Id rather be anything but in her shoes ...Im sure you have a tight enough leash to reign in your what do you call him...MIOPIC husband.... but all I see is bashing of me...not addressing the subject I am furious about....To do that...well girly is alot tougher than calling things for what they are....terrorising me is alot easier than dealing with truth...and condeming what they do is not done easily...which is why they get away with it...again...and again...and again...and again....................yes..you must be right.....about everythinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg......stone me...but Ill be damned if I dont speak up about what I really think...about this garbage

What a racist.

Yes...Tammy...you are supposed to provide his cigarette allowance...moving out of your bedroom and not having sex with you for 2 months is normal too.NOT.NOT.NOT...Shame on you Magrebi....The fact you arent condemning this little freak makes me throw up

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
[Virtual....I may not be as "brilliant" as you.....but I certainly am not a troll..Where is your condemnation big mouth of any of this?Unfortunately,at over 50 years old married to a man 20 years younger than you....he hasnt gotten here yet to pull the horror show that tammy is going through...Id rather be anything but in her shoes ...Im sure you have a tight enough leash to reign in your what do you call him...MIOPIC husband.... but all I see is bashing of me...not addressing the subject I am furious about....To do that...well girly is alot tougher than calling things for what they are....terrorising me is alot easier than dealing with truth...and condeming what they do is not done easily...which is why they get away with it...again...and again...and again...and again....................yes..you must be right.....about everythinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg......stone me...but Ill be damned if I dont speak up about what I really think...about this garbage

Having an imaginary husband doesn't confer on you the right to determine how everyone else should react to troubled relationships on this board. Your histronics and hysterics aside, you have no real insight to this, but you sure know how to put on a dog and pony show. If you can't take as good as you give, you are in the wrong place for tossing stink bombs at anyone.

Tammy is a grown woman. Since it is her life, I respect her perspective and handling of her marriage far more than I respect yours. I feel no need to go spastic simply because that's the best you can do.

Having an imaginary husband doesn't confer on you the right to determine how everyone else should react to troubled relationships on this board. Your histronics and hysterics aside, you have no real insight to this, but you sure know how to put on a dog and pony show. If you can't take as good as you give, you are in the wrong place for tossing stink bombs at anyone.

Tammy is a grown woman. Since it is her life, I respect her perspective and handling of her marriage far more than I respect yours. I feel no need to go spastic simply because that's the best you can do.

LOL....LOL...imaginary husband.....no condemnation there....No GEG....I am very real....and your lack of condemnation of the little ####### shes stuck with with no condemnation of what he is doing to her shows your lack of fortitude....I am not like you....I don't reinvent religion to suit my own needs and I have the balls to condemn what I see is clearly CRIMINAL............

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.