svsn

I-130 and I-129F both approved but.......

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I received 2 approval letters. One is approval of I-130 and other one is approval of I-129F. :dance:

I am little confused from what the 2 letters says. :help:

The letter (NOA2) for I-130 says I should file form I-824 (Application for Action on an Approved application or Petition) so that they can send the petition to NVC.

The letter (NOA2) for I-129F says "we have sent the original Visa application to NVC."

Questions are

1) Should I file I-824?

2) Is it better to pursuit I-130 or I-129F (K-3)?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes this is current policy USCIS will hold the I-130 and send on the I-129F for the K-3 visa. So if you want to continue the I-130 on to counselor processing you file form I-824.

SEE: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

1) NO, :no: from what I read it takes months for USCIS to approve the I-824, and by that time you will have the K-3

2) At this point stick with the K-3.

CR-1 is the superior visa, NO adjustment of status, so gets Green-card upon entry allowing Work, SSN, and even able to apply for a driver's license.

The decision to go K-3 or CR-1 needs to be made before filing the I-129F

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Yes this is current policy USCIS will hold the I-130 and send on the I-129F for the K-3 visa. So if you want to continue the I-130 on to counselor processing you file form I-824.

1) NO, :no: from what I read it takes months for USCIS to approve the I-824, and by that time you will have the K-3

CR-1 is the superior visa, NO adjustment of status, so gets Green-card upon entry allowing Work, SSN, and even able to apply for a driver's license.

All (extremely) current evidence shows we're back to where we were last fall in that the best advice is if you want an immigrant visa, don't file an I-129F for spouse. There is effectively no more "let them both run and choose the winner" option like there was prior to November of 2006.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Are you doing consular processing? Just trying to figure out what is their procedure.

US1.GIFMEXICO.GIF

www.myspace.com/tasksgirl

Amorillegal.wordpress.com

I-130:

Nov. 9, 2007 - CSC RECEIVED I-130

Jan. 25, 2008 - NOA1 for I-130!

Feb. 5, 2008 - I-130 TOUCHED - Touch of Death?

March 27, 2008 - I-130 TOUCHED !!

March 28, 2008 - ANOTHER TOUCH !!

March 28, 2008 - Approved!

I-129f (K3):

Jan. 28, 2008 - CSC RECEIVED I-129f

Jan. 31, 2008 - NOA1 for I-129f!

Feb. 5, 2008 - I-129f TOUCHED

March 28, 2008 - I-129f Touched :S

March 28, 2008 - Approved!

I-129f out of NVC and awaiting approval/appointment from CDJ !!

ticker.png

</a>

Timeline

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I have 3 options. My wife is in home country, not US.

1) Proceed with K-3. When my wife gets to US apply for AOS, EAD etc.

So how do I continue I-130 process?

2) Go for I-130 and K-3. To do this I would fill out I-824, wait for my wife to come to US on K-3 then fill out I-485. If she is still in home country waiting for K-3 and I-130 gets to US consulate then stop K-3 and go for I-130.

3) Go for I-130 and not K-3. This will may be add 3-6 months more?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I have 3 options. My wife is in home country, not US.

So how do I continue I-130 process? You file the I-824

2) Go for I-130 and K-3. To do this I would fill out I-824, wait for my wife to come to US on K-3 then fill out I-485. If she is still in home country waiting for K-3 and I-130 gets to US consulate then stop K-3 and go for I-130. If the I-130 makes it to the consulate before they interview for K-3 the consulate will drop the K-3 in favor of the CR-1, or your wife can interview for the K-3, and then just not use the K-3 and wait for the CR-1 interview.

3) Go for I-130 and not K-3. This will may be add 3-6 months more? LONGER, it takes nearly that long to process the I-824 to get the I-130 moving again.

This is why the decision to go K-3 or CR-1 needs to be made before filing the I-129F

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

congratulations svsn,

on my NOA2s it says that both will be forwarded to NVC. I just want to go with K3. Now if both I130 and K3 do indeed end up at NVC, do I have to notify NVC that I want to use my I130 for AOS so that they can send it to national records center.

Timeline

2) Go for I-130 and K-3. To do this I would fill out I-824, wait for my wife to come to US on K-3 then fill out I-485. If she is still in home country waiting for K-3 and I-130 gets to US consulate then stop K-3 and go for I-130. If the I-130 makes it to the consulate before they interview for K-3 the consulate will drop the K-3 in favor of the CR-1, or your wife can interview for the K-3, and then just not use the K-3 and wait for the CR-1 interview.

3) Go for I-130 and not K-3. This will may be add 3-6 months more? LONGER, it takes nearly that long to process the I-824 to get the I-130 moving again.

This is why the decision to go K-3 or CR-1 needs to be made before filing the I-129F

This cannot be stressed too strongly. If you want an immigrant visa, CR1 or IR1, don't file an I-129F for spouse because for over a year, doing so will set you on the K3 path alone. The two-horse race and take the winner, effectively ended with the announcement of this policy BECAUSE the I-824 processing takes so long.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I received 2 approval letters. One is approval of I-130 and other one is approval of I-129F. :dance:

The letter (NOA2) for I-130 says I should file form I-824 (Application for Action on an Approved application or Petition) so that they can send the petition to NVC.

The letter (NOA2) for I-129F says "we have sent the original Visa application to NVC."

Questions are

1) Should I file I-824?

hello svsn

our time line is same and got approved same day. i just wan check have u got NVC new number. and is that they sent your papers to embassy.

thanks

laurarajesh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I just got reply from another post saying that I don't have to notify NVC. GO VJ :thumbs:

hello 'sunny & neetu'

have u got recived new number for k3 by NVC.

pls reply

i m also wating

laurarajesh

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I received NVC letter saying the application will be forwarded to the consulate.

Questions are

1) Should I file I-824?

hello svsn

our time line is same and got approved same day. i just wan check have u got NVC new number. and is that they sent your papers to embassy.

thanks

Timeline

Thank you very much for the extensive reply.

I guess we are suppose to pay $340 for I-824. Is that correct? This is despite paying for I-130?

This cannot be stressed too strongly. If you want an immigrant visa, CR1 or IR1, don't file an I-129F for spouse because for over a year, doing so will set you on the K3 path alone. The two-horse race and take the winner, effectively ended with the announcement of this policy BECAUSE the I-824 processing takes so long.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

Timeline
Thank you very much for the extensive reply.

I guess we are suppose to pay $340 for I-824. Is that correct? This is despite paying for I-130?

Only if you want to wait a long time more for an immigrant visa. What you were supposed to do if you wanted an immigrant visa was NOT file an I-129F.

Right now, you're on the K3 visa path. Filing the I-824 will get your I-130 moving again sometime in the future. To date, out best information indicates it will take several months for any action on the I-824. By that time you and your spouse could be together in the US with a K3 visa.

It's up to you.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.