terrie/kamal

Stupid Question?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have a stupid question to ask about something my husband said to me the other day and i really am wondering how true it is. He told me (now mind you we are waiting for the approval of his green card) that if he wanted to, and if he left me, he wouldn't need me to stay here. He could stay in our country with minimal problems and it would just take longer to get his residency. Its driving me crazy that he said that. I don't know if this is a warning or what. I hope someone can shed some light on this subject. This is bothering me to no end. :crying:

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

No stupid questions sweetie, understandable that you would worry. Maybe he was just talking off his head, sometimes I say things off the top of my head, and not really know that what I just said hurt someone. Just try to tell him how that made you feel, and see what he says. Good luck and you are in my thoughts.

bearhugdr4.gif

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I have a stupid question to ask about something my husband said to me the other day and i really am wondering how true it is. He told me (now mind you we are waiting for the approval of his green card) that if he wanted to, and if he left me, he wouldn't need me to stay here. He could stay in our country with minimal problems and it would just take longer to get his residency. Its driving me crazy that he said that. I don't know if this is a warning or what. I hope someone can shed some light on this subject. This is bothering me to no end. :crying:
Is there a big age difference between you?

I would stay calm but I think you have reason to worry.....You need to talk to him

Yeah he couldve been blubbering for nothing. But try to remember the tone and way of the conversation if you guys were in a joking mood or serious or fighting or what!. I personally doubt he meant using you or anything he was just being an ####....like all men lol God bless

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Timeline
Yeah he couldve been blubbering for nothing. But try to remember the tone and way of the conversation if you guys were in a joking mood or serious or fighting or what!. I personally doubt he meant using you or anything he was just being an ####....like all men lol God bless

The age difference is 10 years me older. And at the time we were having issues. I just want to know is there any way that he can stay here without being married to me.

Adjustment of Status

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

maybe he was saying that to you because he was trying to prove to you that if he just wanted you for gc then he could leave?

i think you would have to try to get him deported, i dont know how hard that would be and then he could probably hide somewhere? not sure.

Timeline
I don't really post here but I read this and was wondering why someone asked about if there is an age gap? My fiance and I have a large one and now I'm worried.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Adjustment of Status

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I don't really used to post here but I read this and was wondering stirring the pot why someone asked about if there is an age gap? My fiance and I have a large one and now I'm worried.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Age gaps I mean that's really not a big deal, Me I'm pretty sure he likes you to baby him and take care of him as a wife does that's why he maried you because you have all the qualities of a mother, wife, gf,etc.. But I do agree that he was trying to make you understand he could stay in america if you divorced him blah blah. Since it's the heat of the moment your scared but after you guys makeup you'll laugh at this topic.

Age gaps I mean that's really not a big deal, Me I'm pretty sure he likes you to baby him and take care of him as a wife does that's why he maried you because you have all the qualities of a mother, wife, gf,etc.. But I do agree that he was trying to make you understand he could stay in america if you divorced him blah blah. Since it's the heat of the moment your scared but after you guys makeup you'll laugh at this topic.

HEY! but still keep an eye out. I'm the same race as my husband but I don't think twice that I could'nt get used to. It doesn't seem realistic but there's always that 1% because we hold different citizenships. Something can always happen just get a prenup or something that will secure you if anything happens! I'd sure as hell do one if I could

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you divorced after AOS but before the lifting conditions then yes, he can stay here and lift the conditions himself as long as he can prove he didnt enter the marriage solely for a green card which would mean he would need to provide evidence that your life was 'co-mingled' before the divorce. As far as prior to AOS I am not sure but I am thinking at that point he cant do it by himself.

whether or not its a 'warning' I dont know but I find it interesting that he knows its an option. Has he researched it?

I think you probably need to try to talk to him about it..

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Timeline

The age difference is 10 years me older. And at the time we were having issues. I just want to know is there any way that he can stay here without being married to me.

Yes he can...several ways and I would wonder like hell why he said that

If you divorced after AOS but before the lifting conditions then yes, he can stay here and lift the conditions himself as long as he can prove he didnt enter the marriage solely for a green card which would mean he would need to provide evidence that your life was 'co-mingled' before the divorce. As far as prior to AOS I am not sure but I am thinking at that point he cant do it by himself.

whether or not its a 'warning' I dont know but I find it interesting that he knows its an option. Has he researched it?

I think you probably need to try to talk to him about it..

He cannot if she stops the aos...he can if he gets it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

it kind of sounds like he was trying to assure u that he is here with u because he loves u not because he wants a green card......men a lot of times say stupid things meant to make u feel better but in the end have that adverse effect :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Terrie,

i'm sorry that he said those hurtful things to you.

i hope it was just out of anger or thoughtlessness, not that that is an EXCUSE! You have a right to be confused and upset.

Talk to him, i hope it was all just nothing, (F)(F)(F)

hz

men a lot of times say stupid things meant to make u feel better but in the end have that adverse effect :)

ha! this is true, too! (F)(F)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.