terri o'neale

Angry with these protests

192 posts in this topic

almaty2004 Are you from St. Louis? Up until a year ago I lived in Alton. IL. I really miss home but I moved to Peoria for a really good job.

It's good to hear that the protest fell on it's face there. Maybe they will give it a rest now.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
almaty2004 Are you from St. Louis? Up until a year ago I lived in Alton. IL. I really miss home but I moved to Peoria for a really good job.

It's good to hear that the protest fell on it's face there. Maybe they will give it a rest now.

I think Dean lives up Alton way.... I live down in Belleville :)

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You know what I wish we could see? I wish that when these illegals protest tomorrow the INS shows up with a few hundred buses and start rounding up the ones without green cards. Then just drive them to the border and kick them out. I think we would see a lot less protesting then.

Rounding up everyone without green cards would not be appropriate. Those that enter the country on the K-3 visa adjust status after they arrive and have to wait for their green cards. If they did what you feel they should do, they could be shipping people out of the country that are here legally and have struggled through this process as we all are. Not everyone here legally has a green card.

I think you know what I meant. Anyone that isn't here legaly should be rounded up and sent packing. I still stand behind the idea.

Well, I think if Mexico were replaced with any other country, ie, the Phillipines, UK, etc, your wife/husband or SO would be crossing those borders just as well for a chance at a better life rather than marrying someone/you to get a free ticket here.

And why are your SOs coming here? Because they're in love? YEAH, MAYBE, but they're living in 3rd world countries that are far worse than Mexico and they want OUT too. If you were living in Mexico or any 3rd world country, you would want out TOO by any means possible.

You'd be amazed at how many first generation latinos are not what you see on tv...a lot HAVE accomplished their goals, etc and don't take being here for granted.

And what is the US??? NOTHING but a melting pot. Where are your ancestors from? How did they get here?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

"And why are your SOs coming here? Because they're in love? YEAH, MAYBE, but they're living in 3rd world countries that are far worse than Mexico and they want OUT too. If you were living in Mexico or any 3rd world country, you would want out TOO by any means possible. "

maybe YOURS!!! But i dont think its up to you to decide if our loved ones are here because they love us or just want to live here.

As far as if it was another country bordering us and crossing the border: well, what other nationalities do you see on the news all pissy about amnesty? uhm mexicans, i think i saw TWO italians! So until i see MORE nationalities jumping into a protest, flying THEIR flags, it will be pointed to the mexicans, who do make up 78% of the illegal immigration here, and that number was posted on CNN TODAY, so im not just blowing smoke out my a$$!!!

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

CRY cry cry is that all what the illegal mexicans do if they dent like it here all they have to do is march back home to mexico lol. Its not fair to us tax payers and the people from other countries and loved ones who had done it the legal way paying high visa fees, paper work and some not getting approved still at lest tried the legal way just makes me sick.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You know what I wish we could see? I wish that when these illegals protest tomorrow the INS shows up with a few hundred buses and start rounding up the ones without green cards. Then just drive them to the border and kick them out. I think we would see a lot less protesting then.

Rounding up everyone without green cards would not be appropriate. Those that enter the country on the K-3 visa adjust status after they arrive and have to wait for their green cards. If they did what you feel they should do, they could be shipping people out of the country that are here legally and have struggled through this process as we all are. Not everyone here legally has a green card.

I think you know what I meant. Anyone that isn't here legaly should be rounded up and sent packing. I still stand behind the idea.

Well, I think if Mexico were replaced with any other country, ie, the Phillipines, UK, etc, your wife/husband or SO would be crossing those borders just as well for a chance at a better life rather than marrying someone/you to get a free ticket here.

And why are your SOs coming here? Because they're in love? YEAH, MAYBE, but they're living in 3rd world countries that are far worse than Mexico and they want OUT too. If you were living in Mexico or any 3rd world country, you would want out TOO by any means possible.

You'd be amazed at how many first generation latinos are not what you see on tv...a lot HAVE accomplished their goals, etc and don't take being here for granted.

And what is the US??? NOTHING but a melting pot. Where are your ancestors from? How did they get here?

My husband would never cross a border illegally even to get a "better life". And how could you compare the UK or your etc. to some third world countries. Don't you even have the slightest clue that not EVERYONE wants to come to America? Most Europeans do not, unless it's for marriage or family. (and I'm not speaking of the refugees from Bosnia or other places).

Why did my SO (husband) come here? For LOVE. Your little "yeah maybe" comment was meant to inflame people wasn't it? How dare you suggest the "yeah maybe" to a bunch of people going thru a family based petition. I feel sorry for you if you feel that your relationship is a "yeah maybe" situation.

Where are my ancestors from? Italy. They came here in 1908. LEGALLY! They went through Ellis Island, they left some family members behind until they could have a good enough life to bring them here. They did not sneak in across a border, they were documented. You can go look them up on the Ellis Island website, along with the ship manifest and entry documents. You can not begin to compare our ancestors with the illegals sneaking across our borders like they are today.

Thanks for the poo slinging though... it gave me something to reply to

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

I'm really surprised more VJ-er's are supporting the opposite side. I haven't read all of the pages in this thread, nor have I watched every news piece explaining the issues. I'm going through the legal process, as we all are, to marry a Canadian nonetheless, so I suppose this really doesn't affect me directly.

I just hurt for these families because I can understand the temptation to skip the process. The way things are going for me, it looks like it will be 9 months total before Adam gets his visa. We've been together two years, and only physically together a total of two months. Its hard, we all know that.

I have left work early today, and I won't be shopping. It isn't to intimidate our government by showing them what harm this could do to our economy, but a small amount of understanding for the families this will effect. I really wish all of the time, resources, and emotion being paid to addressing illegal immigrants was being given to reforming our system. Perhaps if the system wasn't as complicated and long as it is, so many people would avoid it.

Yes, I realize many people may skip the paperwork because they wouldn't be approved - due to criminal history etc. I don't know those statistics. I just wish there was more effort to help us, the people going by the book, and less attention on a long-existing problem we're never going to rightfully correct.

I respect all of you that were so deeply touched by this issue, whichever side you fall on.

The debate is over illegal immigrants not immigrants in general. Did you get the memo?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

I'm really surprised more VJ-er's are supporting the opposite side. I haven't read all of the pages in this thread, nor have I watched every news piece explaining the issues. I'm going through the legal process, as we all are, to marry a Canadian nonetheless, so I suppose this really doesn't affect me directly.

I just hurt for these families because I can understand the temptation to skip the process. The way things are going for me, it looks like it will be 9 months total before Adam gets his visa. We've been together two years, and only physically together a total of two months. Its hard, we all know that.

I have left work early today, and I won't be shopping. It isn't to intimidate our government by showing them what harm this could do to our economy, but a small amount of understanding for the families this will effect. I really wish all of the time, resources, and emotion being paid to addressing illegal immigrants was being given to reforming our system. Perhaps if the system wasn't as complicated and long as it is, so many people would avoid it.

Yes, I realize many people may skip the paperwork because they wouldn't be approved - due to criminal history etc. I don't know those statistics. I just wish there was more effort to help us, the people going by the book, and less attention on a long-existing problem we're never going to rightfully correct.

I respect all of you that were so deeply touched by this issue, whichever side you fall on.

The debate is over illegal immigrants not immigrants in general. Did you get the memo?

Alot of people still havent realised that

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Still talking about the topic I was told everyone is so tired of, eh? Oh well, nevermind.....

"And why are your SOs coming here? Because they're in love? YEAH, MAYBE, but they're living in 3rd world countries that are far worse than Mexico and they want OUT too. If you were living in Mexico or any 3rd world country, you would want out TOO by any means possible. "

maybe YOURS!!! But i dont think its up to you to decide if our loved ones are here because they love us or just want to live here.

:yes: Yeah...maybe? sheesh! :huh:

Where are my ancestors from? Italy. They came here in 1908. LEGALLY! They went through Ellis Island, they left some family members behind until they could have a good enough life to bring them here. They did not sneak in across a border, they were documented. You can go look them up on the Ellis Island website, along with the ship manifest and entry documents. You can not begin to compare our ancestors with the illegals sneaking across our borders like they are today.

Thanks for the poo slinging though... it gave me something to reply to

Similar story...ancestors travelled for days on cramped nasty boats, were herded through Ellis Island to become LEGAL citizens. :thumbs:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

http://projectusa.org/arguments/index.php

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Timeline

My ancestors came legally as well, from Russia, through Elis Island, i have they papers even from when they arrived here.

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
And why are your SOs coming here? Because they're in love? YEAH, MAYBE, but they're living in 3rd world countries that are far worse than Mexico and they want OUT too.

Speak for yourself, please...

The truth hurts, I guess.

I do feel for those who are honest and sincere people and for their SOs who do want to come here for real love and I hope they will be here soon.

Why not deport all Cubans? Canadians? Not ALL are her legally. People only talk about the US/Mexico border, but not the US/Canada border. People from other countries get smuggled in through Mexico as well, not just Mexicans.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
And why are your SOs coming here? Because they're in love? YEAH, MAYBE, but they're living in 3rd world countries that are far worse than Mexico and they want OUT too.

Speak for yourself, please...

The truth hurts, I guess.

I do feel for those who are honest and sincere people and for their SOs who do want to come here for real love and I hope they will be here soon.

Why not deport all Cubans? Canadians? Not ALL are her legally. People only talk about the US/Mexico border, but not the US/Canada border. People from other countries get smuggled in through Mexico as well, not just Mexicans.

just don't deport the pizza delivery person...i depend on them! :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!