terri o'neale

Angry with these protests

192 posts in this topic

Lets not forget something here. THis isn't a immigration issue, it's a crime issue! These people are criminals! They entered this country illegally, are working illegal and have the nerve to protest for their "rights"?? I don't care if they are doing jobs that Americans find distasteful. They should be deported when found. The employers should be put in jail for hirering them and our borders should be sealed.

We should make it easier for guest workers to come here. But it still does not exuse breaking our laws and then demanding that we say it's OK for them to do it!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

...Actually...it will hurt all of us that are doing it the right way. They want to provide amensity for 10 million people. But they don't include money in the bills to hire more personnel to cope with that surge of applications. So guess what? ALL of OUR applications get slowed down. And we have to deal with over-worked under-paid USCIS caseworkers that are at the end of their ropes. And all those people that were against the law won't make a distinction between our loved ones that came here legally and waited and endured these hardships and the ones who didn't. So it will make it harder for them to find jobs and to make tyhe adjustment. Consider that.

Terri O'Neale

surprisingly, few have. but that one won't bite most in the butt till it's too late, and the screams will be heard around the nation.

But let me also remind you, it behooves ALL OF US ON THIS SITE to fight for immigrant rights--because believe it or not, it would more likely speed up the process for us who are legally filing if visas and work permits work EASIER to obtain.

I am all for immigrant rights. The folks that came here illegally, or overstayed their non-immigrant visa and take up employment illegally often stealing someone's idendity to do so are NOT immigrants. Their ####### has NOTHING to do with immigrant rights. Nothing.

It would behoove all of us to keep this straight. :yes:

yet another blind spot in many of their arguments. must have ssn to work = fraud and a major pain to someone who is victimized by such.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline

Ok, I need to vent too. Please excuse. :)

Vipul and I have both been so infuriated with the rediculous protests going on. I just can't believe some people actually feel they have a right (..please :no: ) to be in this country if they are illegal to start with. The nerve some have to say it's "their country" really really angers me. Their country!? Simply put...it's not. I wouldn't go over to someone's else country, say it's my country, go into the streets and protest for my rights there. What are some people thinking? :blink: Vipul and I waited over 4 years to go through this process the legal way and I know there are some here that have went through as much and even longer than we have. To say, "I'm trying to build a better life for my family" isn't an excuse. It's not acceptable. Period. It's breaking the law. They need to trot themselves right back over they border. The people that are employing them need to be prosecuted. I am sick and tired of this mess. I know realistically speaking it would be difficult to deport so many people, but something has to be done. If they want to go back home, file for a visa, and come here legally then more power to them.

-Vipul and Jamie

November 18, 2005 - Visa in hand! (Day 184)

December 19th - Vipul arrives in US

March 22, 2006 - Applied for AOS, EAD, and AP

June 6, 2006 - AP approved

June 9, 2006 - EAD approved

Feb. 5, 2007 - Becomes permanent resident

Dec. 9, 2008 - Filed I-751 to remove conditions

February 2009 - Conditions Removed - Next step Naturalization

November 19, 2009 - Filed for Naturalization!

dsc01090fw8.th.jpg

B2zLm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Vipul and I have both been so infuriated with the rediculous protests going on. I just can't believe some people actually feel they have a right (..please :no: ) to be in this country if they are illegal to start with. The nerve some have to say it's "their country" really really angers me. Their country!? Simply put...it's not. I wouldn't go over to someone's else country, say it's my country, go into the streets and protest for my rights there. What are some people thinking? :blink: Vipul and I waited over 4 years to go through this process the legal way and I know there are some here that have went through as much and even longer than we have. To say, "I'm trying to build a better life for my family" isn't an excuse. It's not acceptable. Period. It's breaking the law. They need to trot themselves right back over they border. The people that are employing them need to be prosecuted. I am sick and tired of this mess. I know realistically speaking it would be difficult to deport so many people, but something has to be done. If they want to go back home, file for a visa, and come here legally then more power to them.

-Vipul and Jamie

:thumbs:

Timeline

-Vipul and Jamie

i can't find it, but somewhere i ran across a site that has information about most of the southern usa belonging to mexico, something like atalan or so. if anyone is familiar with such, please post it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Aztlan...it's true that some states were Mexican territory.

And we won them fair and square. If those standards applied...then the US is still a British colony...and my husband has every right to come here.

Why can't I post ANYTHING without someone finding a freaking hidden meaning??? I simply posted a fact!

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Timeline

Aztlan...it's true that some states were Mexican territory.

And we won them fair and square. If those standards applied...then the US is still a British colony...and my husband has every right to come here.

Why can't I post ANYTHING without someone finding a freaking hidden meaning??? I simply posted a fact!

I apologize...that reply should have been to the posting that you were responding to...not directly to yours.

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
But let me also remind you, it behooves ALL OF US ON THIS SITE to fight for immigrant rights--because believe it or not, it would more likely speed up the process for us who are legally filing if visas and work permits work EASIER to obtain.

I am all for immigrant rights. The folks that came here illegally, or overstayed their non-immigrant visa and take up employment illegally often stealing someone's idendity to do so are NOT immigrants. Their ####### has NOTHING to do with immigrant rights. Nothing.

It would behoove all of us to keep this straight. :yes:

Our K1 Journey Click Here
K1 Interview in Jakarta Click Here
AOS Journey:
May 02, 2006 :AOS Sent to Chicago...Let the couting begin
May 03, 2006 :AOS received in Chicago
May 12, 2006 :Received NOA1 dated 05/09/2006
May 22, 2006 Biometrics Notice Rcvd dated 05/17/2006
May 30, 2006 :Biometrics done in ASC Birmingham
July 01, 2006 :Interview Letter received
Aug 30, 2006 :Interview in Atlanta & got RFE for I-693A! OUCH!!!
November, 2006 :I-693A Sent. The waiting goes on...
April 4, 2007: Infopass & it doesn't help at all!!!
April 18, 2007 :Contacting our Congressman.
May 18, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, Welcome Notice Sent! Finally!!!
April 22, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, GC has been ordered
April 24, 2007 : Welcome Notice Rvcd. Yeeehaaa!!!!
June 1, 2007: GC arrived! Yippy! USCIS Free for 2 years!
2008: Moved to China
2009: Conditional GC Expired and Husband has been having affairs since 2008 in China. Can't file for ROC since he got laid off. He came to Jakarta to live with me and my parents. He got a new job. Life resume to normal or so I thought.
March 2010: Officially separated after yet more affairs exposed just a day after my birthday!

February 2011: Officially divorced.
June 18, 2011: He married the girl he had the last affair with.

August 2014: I am engaged with my real soulmate. Not an American.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Just for kicks

Let's say a guest worker program was passed into law and 10 million illegal immigrants then registered, went home and came back on these guest visas......would everyone be happy then? Would all of this aggression go away?

What if they came back and someone came up with a Spanish verison of the national anthem.....if businesses continued to offer their services in Spanish, if schools continued to offer courses taught in Spanish, if the current population rise in Latinos in this country continued.......would everyone be happy?

If the law was passed today, with no amnesty - meaning the illegal immigrants would have to register, leave the country and come back with these guest worker visas........the overall situation in America would not be that much different than it is today. The work they do would be the same, and wages would still be depressed in those sectors. So, even in this best case scenario, things don't really change that much. Makes me wonder if the issue is a fear of Latinos and their role in the changing America more than anything.

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I support what you are saying 100%, it is mind blowing how we are going about things the right way and are being penalized in a way for doing the right thing, and the illegals are being treated better than US citizens, it is absolutely ridiculous, they should have to go through the same process as everyone else, and if that means going back to their home country while the process is going on, then so be it, that is what we are having to do, I don't see why it would be any different for them, everyone should have to do it the right way, that is my opinion.

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Timeline
Just for kicks

Let's say a guest worker program was passed into law and 10 million illegal immigrants then registered, went home and came back on these guest visas......would everyone be happy then? Would all of this aggression go away?

What if they came back and someone came up with a Spanish verison of the national anthem.....if businesses continued to offer their services in Spanish, if schools continued to offer courses taught in Spanish, if the current population rise in Latinos in this country continued.......would everyone be happy?

If the law was passed today, with no amnesty - meaning the illegal immigrants would have to register, leave the country and come back with these guest worker visas........the overall situation in America would not be that much different than it is today. The work they do would be the same, and wages would still be depressed in those sectors. So, even in this best case scenario, things don't really change that much. Makes me wonder if the issue is a fear of Latinos and their role in the changing America more than anything.

and most would find themselves out of a job i'm sure, as their employers would have a far higher cost of employing them (unemployment, ss taxes, etc)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

This is an illegal-immigrant issue not an immigrant issue.

I WISH THE F#CKING MEDIA WOULD GET IT STRAIGHT!!!!!!!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline
This is an illegal-immigrant issue not an immigrant issue.

I WISH THE F#CKING MEDIA WOULD GET IT STRAIGHT!!!!!!!

the media get something right the first time? surely you jest!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *