59 posts in this topic

*sniff* he's adorable can I have him :blush:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

ohhh they are all so sweet :)I love babies I want one to......

Edited by ~~~water~~~

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Masha Allahhhhhhhhh those babies are just adorable!!! i cant waittttt to have one!!! COME ON USCIS!!!!!!!!!!!! lol anyways may Allah bless each one of them and keep them healthy and safe AMEEEEN.

Its ok if u adopt but not give last name but its so recommended in Islam.... me n my husband r ready for it anytime... actually a few months ago in the masjid in his local area from the state he is from they had six muslim babies needing muslim families and al hamdulillah they were adopted:D everyone was sooo glad to see them having families:D

lyrics.jpg

Timeline
Amal if I didnt already have about a thousand cats I would probably be trying to figure out how to get one of those bunnies for myself. they are SO cute. are they doing well? what are you feeding them, some kind of bunny formula?

Sara...I wanted to ask you since you have cats, did your ob/gyn tell you to do anything differently in terms of the kitty litter while you were pregnant? I didn't have any cats when I was pregnant with my first two so now I'm starting to wonder if I should be wearing a mask when I scoop up the litter once I do get pregnant inshallah.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Do not scoop litter when pregnant....Dont even get close to dirty litter....It can cause severe deformation...my nurse discussed it with me at my 1st doc appt...Kitty litter...Not good!!

ps.....Baby Zane has now been changed to Zaid...Didnt any of u arab know Zane is a girls name? My hubby and I had no idea til the family laughed when they asked what we wanted to name him....lol.....Sooo Zaid it is....only a few weeks left...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

congrats on baby zaid! love the name!! :D

speaking of names... do all of you plan to always have arabic names for the baby? or did any of you do western names also? just curious! seems like everyone goes with the arabic for the most part!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Do not scoop litter when pregnant....Dont even get close to dirty litter....It can cause severe deformation...my nurse discussed it with me at my 1st doc appt...Kitty litter...Not good!!

Dirty kitty litter cannot cause deformation.

What your nurse SHOULD have told you, and many are totally either uninformed or just plain stupidly spreading rumors, is that IF your cat carries TOXOPLASMA, and IF you were to contract it, then this is the disease in question in the warning of coming into contact with fecal matter (and thus the warning about kitty litter). Cats are not the sole carriers of toxoplasmosa, and most people who carry it (up to 20% of the population in Hawaii) catch it from consuming undercooked meat. Not all cats carry toxoplasmosa, and you have to ingest it to catch it. So basically, you have to touch the fecal matter then somehow injest said fecal matter if you are going with the scenario for kitty boxes. This is also assuming your cat carries toxo.

Then, once you catch it, you have a low percentage of passing it on to the fetus. You must be newly infected when pregnant. This, hopefully you are all catching on, involves a lot of low percentages and Ifs. You have (in my opinion, as long as you have a normal dislike of touching fecal matter and then touching your mouth) a better chance of catching it by touching affected fruits and vegetables that have contamination on them or eating undercooked meat. Cats catch it from eating raw infected animals and then also from the fecal matter of infected cats (you know how they are always cleaning themselves and others). if you cats are indoors, the chances of them having toxo is really low. They'd likely have to catch it from some insect or your food you fed them.

Here is the CDC fact sheet. Toxoplasmosis here is the CDC fact sheet protion for pregnancy: pregnancy and toxoplasmosis

When I was growing up, we had 3 cats with toxo. I may or may not show elevated antibodies, which is their only test for the disease-- but it doesn't prove if you have it or not, only exposure. I know several women who were flat out told by their doctor to drop their cats off at the shelter and dump them when they became pregnant. I cannot believe the incredible ignorance perpeturated in the medical community about this disease. It's amazing. It's as if they are peddling Santa and magic as real things. For as much as they claim to be based in science (which they are only partially using science in our western medicine and it, in itself, is NOT a science), they really use a lot of fear and suspicion against women-- especially pregnant women. The ammount of times they mislead women about osteoporosis, menopause, fertility, pregnancy, and especially giving birth-- it's a wonder we don't wise up and revolt. Toxo reminds me of the AIDS scare of the 80s and early 90s and all the rumors the medical community perpetuated at that point as well.

Bridget-- if your cats are indoor cats, and if you are worried, you can always test them for the toxo antibodies. If you have had these cats from before you were pregnant (and you have) then you will have likely either caught it or not by now. Believe me, unless you are immuno-compromised, it's difficult to catch it from their fecal matter as we tend to not touch it then touch our mouths-- we usually wash our hands instead.

speaking of names... do all of you plan to always have arabic names for the baby? or did any of you do western names also? just curious! seems like everyone goes with the arabic for the most part!

We're doing names that work for both-- Noah, Adam, Leyna (it's Hebrew so really neither), Dalia (I want to toss an H into the english), Sarah... That kind of thing.

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
we'll probably do the same. leyna is very pretty!!

I have an Ortodox friend named Leyna, and I suggested it one day to him-- he liked it. he said it sounds like their word for "ours" and doesn't sound weird. I liked the Norse name Mahala, but he said it sounds too much like "store" and sounds bad. I figure if I am armed with a cariety of names, I'll look at the newborn baby and be able to see what i think fits him or her.

Timeline

My husband is dead set on Adham and I hate it!!!! I told him Adam is "ok" though I really dont' like the name because of a kid I grew up with that had that name, but Adham with the H is going to confuse the heck out of everyone AND I practiced yelling it a few times like if he's outside and needs to come in and I can't say it right. :angry: When I told his sisters that I hate the name they sat me down and told me how ALL his life he's dreamt of a son named Adham because it means some white arabian strong horse or something. blech.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
My husband is dead set on Adham and I hate it!!!! I told him Adam is "ok" though I really dont' like the name because of a kid I grew up with that had that name, but Adham with the H is going to confuse the heck out of everyone AND I practiced yelling it a few times like if he's outside and needs to come in and I can't say it right. :angry: When I told his sisters that I hate the name they sat me down and told me how ALL his life he's dreamt of a son named Adham because it means some white arabian strong horse or something. blech.

Yeah, it looks too much like "add ham" which wouldn't be very halal :) You could always tell him that-- that everyone will think that :) Ammar suggested Nira the other day, as a form of the word "fire" for a girl. At first I didn't like it, now I'm not sure.

Timeline

ps.....Baby Zane has now been changed to Zaid...Didnt any of u arab know Zane is a girls name? My hubby and I had no idea til the family laughed when they asked what we wanted to name him....lol.....Sooo Zaid it is....only a few weeks left...

Way to cool Zaid, we had that one picked out...good choice there!!!

Bridg...no kitty litter dear! Let the kids change the pan if you have one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.