PalestineMyHeart

Pro-Palestinian Graffiti found inside El Al Plane in Italy

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Pro-Palestinian graffiti found inside El Al plane in Italy

Reuters

MILAN - Pro-Palestinian graffiti written in Arabic was found scrawled inside the cargo hold of an El Al plane during unloading at Milan's Malpensa airport Monday, raising Israeli concerns about Italian airport security.

"It was something like 'Long Live Palestine'," written with a marker pen, Raffaele Veri of the Malpensa airport police told reporters on Tuesday. "It has happened once before."

Israel's flag carrier, which normally uses round-the-clock security for its planes, said in a statement it had demanded an investigation into Monday's incident, without giving any further details of what had happened.

"Immediately upon receiving word of the incident, the company demanded that an investigation be launched into the circumstances surrounding it," El Al said.

Italian police said the security breach was unlikely to have happened at Malpensa, as the plane had only just landed when the graffiti was discovered.

The Israeli embassy in Rome said it does not comment on security matters.

A source close to the Italian airport police said local authorities only learned of the graffiti after the plane left the Italian airport for Tel Aviv on Monday.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/963265.html

We are sure now the palestinian cause is right after some moron wrote graffiti about it.

i'd rather see them using pens and spraycans to conduct their war instead of rockets.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Your post showed hatred against Palestinians (Arabs). You said, "It's in their blood." What do you want people to say? I am sure, most of the people don't agree with your assessment.

Agreed I think statements like that preclude a discussion of what is a real problem, affecting many human beings.

All that's really demonstrated by that is not only ignorance of the complexity of the problem, but an inability to look at it in anything but preconceived political terms. It's about as intellectually dishonest an argument as you can get.

It sure is easy to come up with "solutions" (especially violent ones) when you dehumanise an entire group of people.

Edited by Number 6

Half of Jews oppose living in neighborhoods with Arabs

some excerpts:

About half the Jewish public objects to Arabs' living in Jewish neighborhoods, a Haifa University public opinion poll finds.

Fifty-six percent of Israeli Arabs strongly support living in the same neighborhood as Jews.

Only 29 percent of the Jews were very much in favor of living in the same neighborhood as Arabs

The survey finds that 14 percent of the Jewish public objects to being friends with Arabs; Only 6 percent of the Arab interviewees objected to being friends with Jews.

huh. such bigotry must be "in their blood. They don't know any other way."

:no: utterly ridiculous.

There has always been a perception in Israel that Arabs are a threat, and sending suicide bombers

to blow people up doesn't help change that perception.

When U.S. whites were asked in 1990 if they would object to living in a half black neighborhood,

47 percent of respondents said yes. By 2000, that share had dropped to 32 percent.

In 1994, 32 percent of Americans still believed that homeowners should have the right to refuse

to sell their homes to African Americans. This number was down from 65 percent in 1975.

(The data is from a General Social Survey compiled by the National Opinion Research Center

at the University of Chicago.)

Where do you think the numbers would be today if African Americans terrorized the white

population with rockets and suicide bombers?

I understand your point. That is why, all neighbors should live in peace with mutual respect. Only that can change the preception for both sides. But it would be great, if you condemn remarks by MandR, for example "It's in their blood." It is simply a racist remark when one generalizes a whole ethnic group.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I understand your point. That is why, all neighbors should live in peace with mutual respect. Only that can change the preception for both sides. But it would be great, if you condemn remarks by MandR, for example "It's in their blood." It is simply a racist remark when one generalizes a whole ethnic group.

I think "it's in their blood" is just a figure of speech. I don't believe they have any sort

of haematic predisposition to violence, if that's what you mean, but there are certainly

groups of people in charge who are not interested in the peace process because they

stand to benefit from the continuing chaos. It's not so much in their "blood", as it is in

their self-interest.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Half of Jews oppose living in neighborhoods with Arabs

some excerpts:

About half the Jewish public objects to Arabs' living in Jewish neighborhoods, a Haifa University public opinion poll finds.

Fifty-six percent of Israeli Arabs strongly support living in the same neighborhood as Jews.

Only 29 percent of the Jews were very much in favor of living in the same neighborhood as Arabs

The survey finds that 14 percent of the Jewish public objects to being friends with Arabs; Only 6 percent of the Arab interviewees objected to being friends with Jews.

huh. such bigotry must be "in their blood. They don't know any other way."

:no: utterly ridiculous.

There has always been a perception in Israel that Arabs are a threat, and sending suicide bombers

to blow people up doesn't help change that perception.

When U.S. whites were asked in 1990 if they would object to living in a half black neighborhood,

47 percent of respondents said yes. By 2000, that share had dropped to 32 percent.

In 1994, 32 percent of Americans still believed that homeowners should have the right to refuse

to sell their homes to African Americans. This number was down from 65 percent in 1975.

(The data is from a General Social Survey compiled by the National Opinion Research Center

at the University of Chicago.)

Where do you think the numbers would be today if African Americans terrorized the white

population with rockets and suicide bombers?

given that palestinian civilian casualties have always been substantially higher than those of israelis, one would expect poll results among arabs to be a whole helluva lot different than was reported here. what you or i think about it doesn't matter; given the situation, and casualty numbers, the expectation would be that arabs would be equally or even more opposed to living next to the people they see as being the major aggressor in the conflict and the side who has inflicted the most violence. but the results didn't turn out that way. i'm perplexed as to what your example of american bigotry is supposed to have to do with anything here. americans do it, so it's easy to see where israelis are coming from? what was your point?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

I think "it's in their blood" is just a figure of speech. I don't believe they have any sort

of haematic predisposition to violence, if that's what you mean, but there are certainly

groups of people in charge who are not interested in the peace process because they

stand to benefit from the continuing chaos. It's not so much in their "blood", as it is in

their self-interest.

thank you mawlison, yes, we know it's a figure of speech. a figure of speech with a completely different meaning than implying that there are "groups of people in charge who are not interested in the peace process because they stand to benefit from the continuing chaos". blood is hereditary, and ethnicity is passed on through heredity. implications that groups of people do things because of their ethnicity and heredity is bigotry, pure and simple.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Timeline
given that palestinian civilian casualties have always been substantially higher than those of israelis, one would expect poll results among arabs to be a whole helluva lot different than was reported here.

Nice try. They polled Israeli Arabs (Arab citizens of Israel), not Palestinians living in Gaza or the West Bank.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

given that palestinian civilian casualties have always been substantially higher than those of israelis, one would expect poll results among arabs to be a whole helluva lot different than was reported here.

Nice try. They polled Israeli Arabs (Arab citizens of Israel), not Palestinians living in Gaza or the West Bank.

try at what? what, israeli arabs of palestinian descent forever severed their ties to anything and everything palestinian once they became israeli citizens? are there not jewish american citizens with a keen interest and passion for israel, even though they are living in america? why would it be different or any less dispassionate for israeli arabs? they all live in caves or under rocks, completely unaware of what happens in gaza or the west bank?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

their self-interest.

thank you mawlison, yes, we know it's a figure of speech. a figure of speech with a completely different meaning than implying that there are "groups of people in charge who are not interested in the peace process because they stand to benefit from the continuing chaos". blood is hereditary, and ethnicity is passed on through heredity. implications that groups of people do things because of their ethnicity and heredity is bigotry, pure and simple.

I have read MandR post again. I don't find it as figure of speech. Even if for the same of argument we consider it as 'figure of speech,' still it is offensive, derogatory, racist comment to Palestinians and Arabs.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline

try at what? what, israeli arabs of palestinian descent forever severed their ties to anything and everything palestinian once they became israeli citizens? are there not jewish american citizens with a keen interest and passion for israel, even though they are living in america? why would it be different or any less dispassionate for israeli arabs? they all live in caves or under rocks, completely unaware of what happens in gaza or the west bank?

Try to apply the same logic to Israeli Arabs using the number of Palestinian casualties as

justification.

There are no "civilian casualties" amongst Israeli Arabs, except at the hands of their Palestinian

brethren. Suicide bombers kill indiscriminately - Israeli Arabs and Jews alike.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

their self-interest.

I have read MandR post again. I don't find it as figure of speech. Even if for the same of argument we consider it as 'figure of speech,' still it is offensive, derogatory, racist comment to Palestinians and Arabs.

In the context of that post it clearly was not a figure of speech.