25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
When people say they were touched, what does that mean? :blush:

It means someone has looked at the file, or moved it, or updated it. I'm beginning to wonder if someone took a bunch of our files home on the 24th Feb and has been off sick ever since!

Do they contact you by phone or email?

Petition sent: 12/10/2010

Arrived at service center: 12/14/2010

First NOA: 12/16/2010

Touched: 12/31/2010

Second NOA: 05/24/2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

It means someone has looked at the file, or moved it, or updated it. I'm beginning to wonder if someone took a bunch of our files home on the 24th Feb and has been off sick ever since!

Do they contact you by phone or email?

They don't contact you at all to tell you that you have been touched. If you register online with www.uscis.gov they can send you emails when you are approved though

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Maybe you are right

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Maybe you are right

That's a very scary thought! :wacko:

Maybe you are right

Maybe it was a psycho who took fancy of all our pics and he/she just have to take it all and paste it all over his/her room... now he/she can't turn in the files back to USCIS. :help:

Or maybe all our files have been assigned to a "mini" person who can't reach the top of his/her desk so he/she needed the extra chair cushion and what better cushion would there be? OUR FILES!!!! Somebody is probably literally sitting on it and farting on it!!! :wacko:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
There really doesn’t seem to be any pattern to how VSC is approving people. They received my I-129F on Feb 7th and sent out the NOA1 on the same day. It was then touched a couple of times, but they haven’t been near it since Feb 24th. People are being approved in record time and others are just gathering dust….

Does anyone know what checks they actually do when they process the petition? I mean Toby’s name check etc should be fine. He was in the Marine Corps for 8 years and had an excellent record, but I wondered if having a military background would maybe be a problem.

I’m probably overthinking everything but I only just got back from visiting him and it breaks my heart that I’m back in England. I just wish they’d hurry things up so I can be with him again.

I know we’re all in the same boat, but I just felt like a bit of a moan………

VSC is one i sent mine to and i sent my I-129F in the beginning of June and I am still waiting for my approval. my case was finally updated a week ago so hopefully now i will get an approval within 60 days it said so May 1st i should hopefully hear something, but you just have to wait and be patient and your time will come soon. sometimes there is things with your case that you did not know you missed *they said this happened to me* all i can say is have patience and know you are not alone. others are in the same position as you with missing their sweeties *best of luck* :)

DkICm5.png

399Um5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
There really doesn't seem to be any pattern to how VSC is approving people. They received my I-129F on Feb 7th and sent out the NOA1 on the same day. It was then touched a couple of times, but they haven't been near it since Feb 24th. People are being approved in record time and others are just gathering dust….

Does anyone know what checks they actually do when they process the petition? I mean Toby's name check etc should be fine. He was in the Marine Corps for 8 years and had an excellent record, but I wondered if having a military background would maybe be a problem.

I'm probably overthinking everything but I only just got back from visiting him and it breaks my heart that I'm back in England. I just wish they'd hurry things up so I can be with him again.

I know we're all in the same boat, but I just felt like a bit of a moan………

VSC is one i sent mine to and i sent my I-129F in the beginning of June and I am still waiting for my approval. my case was finally updated a week ago so hopefully now i will get an approval within 60 days it said so May 1st i should hopefully hear something, but you just have to wait and be patient and your time will come soon. sometimes there is things with your case that you did not know you missed *they said this happened to me* all i can say is have patience and know you are not alone. others are in the same position as you with missing their sweeties *best of luck* :)

I just saw your timeline its awful that it took them 8 months to send you a rfe, I so hope you get your appoval soon youve been waiting so long.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Maybe you are right

Maybe it was a psycho who took fancy of all our pics and he/she just have to take it all and paste it all over his/her room... now he/she can't turn in the files back to USCIS. :help:

Or maybe all our files have been assigned to a "mini" person who can't reach the top of his/her desk so he/she needed the extra chair cushion and what better cushion would there be? OUR FILES!!!! Somebody is probably literally sitting on it and farting on it!!! :wacko:

rofl i had to stifle a huge laugh on that one :devil:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No real pattern, but VSC appears to be on the move

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

No real pattern, but VSC appears to be on the move

For the sake of everybody left in the line, I truly hope so...my hopes go out to everyone still waiting...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.