Nagishkaw

TUESDAY'S THREAD

74 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's my husband's B-day today :dance: His first in the states and without family or friends (except me of course :D )

I'm making a roast leg of lamb and his favorite rice tonight... yummy :) I also managed to bake a cake yesterday before he got home from work and hide if from him - of course had to cook dinner after to cover the smell :lol: I will decorate it and wrap his present while I'm roasting the lamb. I have to leave work a few hours early for the lamb, but my boss is okay with it and I will make up the hours later :dance: Whoot!

Inshalla today will be a good day for him and he will be able to get ahold of his family to talk :)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good morning everyone! Last night was my first night back at home. Soooooo glad to be back to the daily chaos!

Found out early this morning that a close friend of my was killed yesterday in the bombing in Irag. Phillip Anderson. (F) He was a great guy.

(F) I'm very sorry (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Happy Tuesday everyone!

As you heard, my husband got another 221g, additional processing stamp

I wish everything will be all right, and that everyone has a good week!

My prayers are with all of us waiting

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im very sorry, Aymerlu. That's just not right. I know you are happy to be home at long last! And please do not overdue it.

PB, I hope your husband has a wonderful birthday and that he loves his suprises!

Tammy, Your day will come. It just was not today. Stay hopeful . There are many here praying for you and your husband.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm so sorry, Amy. (F) How are you holding up today?

Welcome home, Nicky! Love the pics!

It's nice to be home!!!!! Now here's a question. Why does my husband feel it's necessary to have all his arab friends over today???? I feel like poo, I look like poo and honestly, I really don't feel like dealing with anyone today. I don't wanna put on a happy face when I'm not happy. <_< Men are retarded. :wacko:

Timeline

welcome home nicky you look just like your grandmother when she was younger!!!!!

aymerlu i'm so sorry!!!!

tammy.....i don't know why they tortured you like that bringing him in there just to stamp it ap. :angry:

polar how do you make his favorite rice?

everyone else (since I'm swamped and can't look back to see who posted) have a good one. LOoooooooooooooooooong azz meeting at work this morning. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Gonna work on seeing if my insurance will reimburse anything for my operation. GEttin' lots of help from some icd-9 queens :):dance:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Timeline

That would bug me too. Maybe take a good book to your bedroom and camp out while they're visiting. That's what I would do. I'm sure they'd understand why you don't feel like socializing.

It's nice to be home!!!!! Now here's a question. Why does my husband feel it's necessary to have all his arab friends over today???? I feel like poo, I look like poo and honestly, I really don't feel like dealing with anyone today. I don't wanna put on a happy face when I'm not happy. <_< Men are retarded. :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
That would bug me too. Maybe take a good book to your bedroom and camp out while they're visiting. That's what I would do. I'm sure they'd understand why you don't feel like socializing.

LOL! I'm gonna try, but hubby says they are coming to see me. I told them to come with cheesecake!

Timeline

Cheesecake?! :blink:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

LOL! I'm gonna try, but hubby says they are coming to see me. I told them to come with cheesecake!

Oh... I'm sorry about that one. Just don't let them in the door if they dont' bring you food :devil:

There was a thread awhile back about visiting the sick in MENA countries: You are considered rude if you don't make an appearance when someone visits you, being sick is not an excuse. It's supposed to make you feel better and give you some company while your sick. :wacko: I talked to the hubby about it after reading that, and he completely agrees :help: He says you have to visit the sick, it's considered rude if you don't, and more than that it's also considered a religous obligation for Muslims.

Hope you are feeling better soon (F)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 down.

Hiya Nagi (L)(L)(L)

Amy, I am so glad you are home and very sorry to hear about your friend. Please, please, please take care of your body. (F)

Welcome back Nicky, I am very happy to see you are safe and sound and with your love!

Have a great day everyone.

Timeline
polar how do you make his favorite rice?

It's not very egyptian, but he loves it :blush:

I saute thinly sliced onions and garlic in butter, and disolve this yellow seasoning he likes in chicken stock and water (sorry, don't know the name of the spice but it makes the rice a yellow color). I add the chicken stock to the onions and garlic, then add the rice and a little salt. Bring to a boil and cook like normal rice. I also add a little more butter bc he likes alot in his rice, but that's optional. Also, if I use all chicken stock and don't dilute it with water, I add more salt too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.