kimmbo

Good luck to Gypsyangel,beatrix kiddo,and Ontarkie

33 posts in this topic

erm...here I am......had a great 24hr whirlwind trip to Montreal. March 11th - arrived and stayed at the Days Inn ($105) which was a 10min walk from the consulate...thumbs up! March 12th - woke-up or got out of the bed as not too much sleeping happened and made my was down the street arriving at about 7:10am.....there were already about four couples in line and more lined up behind me. Everything else went down just like I have read here on VJ.....all the staff were friendly and patient. I provided the lady at wicket 11 with my BC, Police check, Affidavit of support, passport, pictures, express post envelope and one other supplemental sheet who's name I can't remember. I then went to the cashier wicket and paid my $131 then returned to wicket 11 for finger printing. Finally, I was called to Room 8 to meet with a very nice man for about 6 mins and was approved by 10:20am. I did not have to provide any further proof of relationship documents at all.

Shout out to some peeps during the wait that I had the chance to meet and chat with - Adam (GF Jen from Brooklyn), another couple - he from Michigan she from Ontario and another couple - she from Chicago and he from Kitchener........

March 14th Canada Post delivers package in the AM........

Now what?????? More research!!!!! I will be heading to California on April 02 - getting married in Vegas on April 26........next thing to research in the AOS - just found out it will cost $1010...gulp.....and need to research advance parole as I have a father who's health is failing and I may need to come back to Canada on short notice.....

Thank god for VJ. :thumbs: ..what a help it has been!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :) YAY!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats everyone! Mmmmmmm you always post the best looking bagels trailmix! And these were your own weren't they?

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.