finally interview is over guys

74 posts in this topic

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
yes it's a nice café, i loved their (croissants) the girl in the café was like when i told her 1 café and 3 bread (croissants) hahahahaha:).

at least you ordered coffee & croissant, all i could think about then was WATER. so i ordered WATER :lol:

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Carrie,

YOU CAN DO THE SAME. If you don't like what I have to say, DON'T READ IT!!! :no:

[/font][/size]

You dare to attack a man and not expect his fiancee to have something to say? I found your post very offensive and quite out of line. Why don't you do what your daughter did and go away? We sure don't miss her constant whining and we won't miss your insults either.

Thanks Liz! ;)

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

What you described and your suggestions about the interview will help a lot of people, not just in Morocco. Although Hachemi speaks English very well, it does not hurt to train, practice with him and help him to be prepared. I will tell him about what you wrote. It was a great idea to watch and learn right before your interview. Smart thinking on your part. And it is great that you wanted to help others by sharing your experience. Congratulations Simo and Carrie! Hope you will be together real soon. :thumbs:

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline
What you described and your suggestions about the interview will help a lot of people, not just in Morocco. Although Hachemi speaks English very well, it does not hurt to train, practice with him and help him to be prepared. I will tell him about what you wrote. It was a great idea to watch and learn right before your interview. Smart thinking on your part. And it is great that you wanted to help others by sharing your experience. Congratulations Simo and Carrie! Hope you will be together real soon. :thumbs:

Meriem (F)

Thank you Meriem and good luck to you and Hachemi. Hope you get an interview soon!

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

if you really don't speak english well but practice interview's questions and answers in english, when somthing goes wrong it's not consulars it is you or petition or not enough proofs, so plz try to work out all this points before interview and then don't worry about any of those ppl in the consulate.

good luck guy and thank you very much .

I am happy you had success, but I think it is darn low of you to come in here and blame fellow VJ'ers for their their cases being returned. You don't really know anything about their cases and it is unfair and unsupportive to blame them.

If your love IS real like you claim, why ALL the training??? Are you worried you wouldn't of passed without it? :whistle:

that was just wrong!!!

Does vanillabean have a problem with this forum????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Simo & Carrie,

You guys are awesome for sticking up for yourselves. Carrie, anyone try to say one word about Ali and trust me I won't be as nice as you have been .. you go girl.

Vanillabean,

Why are you always so negative ? Ali doesn't speak English and I was not offended by Simo's post. I know that I speak 100% Arabic and that is how we communicate. He has been taking English classes and has been working on it. However, he is not as good as Simo. Each case is unique and not everyone is going to go through the samet thing. Pleae remember that we are all here to help each other. I am offended that you are trying to stir up drama when there was nothing to be offended about. As Noura said, lighten up and leave Carrie & Simo alone.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

if you really don't speak english well but practice interview's questions and answers in english, when somthing goes wrong it's not consulars it is you or petition or not enough proofs, so plz try to work out all this points before interview and then don't worry about any of those ppl in the consulate.

I am happy you had success, but I think it is darn low of you to come in here and blame fellow VJ'ers for their their cases being returned. You don't really know anything about their cases and it is unfair and unsupportive to blame them.

If your love IS real like you claim, why ALL the training??? Are you worried you wouldn't of passed without it? :whistle:

Wow!!! don'tcha think that is uncalled for? I did not read that simo was blaming fellow VJer's... what I did read was that he was encouraging the upcoming interviewees to PRACTICE THEIR ENGLISH... being as that is a very important part of the interview...

Simo... don't listen to this person... I FOR ONE APPRECIATE YOUR THOUGHT AND EFFORT into posting your interview. Good on ya!!!

Carrie, you have a very loving and helpful habibi... you both are very blessed!

Lynne

Geez, vanillabean, lighten up!!! :huh: Simo is only trying to help others w/ his experience, and very obviously he and Carrie have been around here a little longer than you. Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just *maybe* it's not the consulars, but perhaps in the way that things are presented, or the way your SO responds/reacts to questions..... Carrie did a fine job of preparing Simo thanks to the help of other's experiences.... he's only trying to do the same for us..... play nice, now, please :blink:

Noura

Hey Noura,

My husband has been here for several years and we are at the naturalization point. I recently joined, but have read posts for quite a long time now. Does seniority mean other's opinions don't count?

The people whose cases have been returned are suffering and they do not need people who have had success coming on here and blaming them for their bad luck. Everyone knows how those female CO's are.

Kiyah and others have been returned unjustly. :unsure:

I don't know who you are, but NO ONE is blaming anybody for bad luck. ALL we are trying to do is give our visa experience just like EVERYONE else here does. If I am not mistaken, we were asked to post the interview experience for others following behind us to understand better. All he was trying to express is that the more you know and the better you prepare the easier it will be on you. You need to chill out with the hostilaty. I don't see where anyone was pointing fingers or trying to say what they did wrong cause in the end, NONE of us know the cirumstances surrounding each others relationships. Stop being so defensive!!! If you don't like what is said....move on to another post!

Hallelujah!!! Very well spoken Carrie!!!

I don't know the intricate details of kiya or any other person whose petition has been returned... what i do know is that there are 3 sides to every story... my side, your side... and the truth... what that means, is that we may very well NEVER know the complete circumstances for returned petitions or denials... and any little bit of information that is offered is like a priceless jewel...

That's my opinion anyways...

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

I don't want to stir the pot.

I think it is great that Simo took the time to post the details of his interview and offered interviewing tips.

However, I think there is DEFINITELY something wrong with the CO's and something terribly wrong at the Consulate. I would hate for anyone to think otherwise, and become complacent because they feel if their case is secure and they are prepared for a tough interview, it cannot happen to them.

Kiya or someone else could outline this way better than me, but the CO's are doing many things wrong:

1) Denying without looking at the evidence, or even letting the beneficiary hand them the evidence they brought.

2) Returning the petitions without giving the person the reason why their petition is being returned.

3) Not giving them the opportunity to overcome the objections at the consulate level.

4) Apparently returning petitions based not on *new* information but information that was known at the time the petition was approved at the USCIS level (i.e. - age difference).

All of these things are clearly errors on the part of the CO/consulate and not the petitioner. As important as it is to know what to expect from an interview, I feel it is equally important to know there are issues with the CO's. If you are aware of the issues, you might be better prepared to deal with them.

The interviews shouldn't have to be about outwitting the CO. Everyone should be given a fair opportunity. If the CO's are returning petitions because they have confused or tripped people up, that is plain wrong. Going prepared is extremely important, and Simo gave great advice - but I disagree that there if something goes wrong it is "you" rather than the "consular", particularly at this embassy.

Rebecca

Filed: Timeline

OMG can we have ONE post in ME/NA that doesn't go south???? :crying:

BTW... i didn't start it this time :whistle::P

Zamo,

Thanks for posting your experience. My husband is not going through the same consul as you did but I'm sure it won't be much different for him. I too am a little nervous. Though he speaks fluent English I can imagine if one gets overwhelmed the knowledge of any language can leave a person.

Did you take you chat records with you to your interview? If so, did you edit them at all or did they read the content?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Holy smokes....take a Zanax! Everyones case is different and Simo and Carrie were only sharing their experience with the group. Simo.....I think it's great you shared everything with the forum and I wish you the best of luck! :thumbs:

Timeline
OMG can we have ONE post in ME/NA that doesn't go south???? :crying:

BTW... i didn't start it this time :whistle::P

Zamo,

Thanks for posting your experience. My husband is not going through the same consul as you did but I'm sure it won't be much different for him. I too am a little nervous. Though he speaks fluent English I can imagine if one gets overwhelmed the knowledge of any language can leave a person.

Did you take you chat records with you to your interview? If so, did you edit them at all or did they read the content?

Thanks

He had chat logs, chat conversation, email, cards...you name it, he had it. We didnt edit anything and they never looked at any of it. He tried to give them to her, but she said no thanks. All she looked at was a photo album and over a years worth of cell phone bills and phone card logs.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Congrats Carrie... sounds like another hurdle is past, hopefully you will hear something soon. I know im late :blush:

vanillabean - if you already at the naturalization, then I can guarantee you, the procedure at the consuls now is a whole lot different than when you 1st entered into the "journey". sounds like your posts are a little misguided, I for one, think Simo's suggestion is an excellent one, and one I wouldnt have thought of. Probably would have even helped in my case as well.

so strange whats been going on here - its like a rash of negativity... all very confusing.

Carrie - congrats again.

Filed: Timeline

They did this in Cairo too. Mohammed took a letter from a friend we hung out with in Alexandria, cards from my kids, ring receipts and offered them, but they didn't want them. They one thing they did take, and I find this exceedingly ODD, is the photograph we had taken of our index fingers showing we have identical moles near the middle knuckle. He offered it "as proof from God we were meant to be together". Now why did they take that and nothing else? (Why ask why at all in this process... sheesh.) The logic escapes me.

Timeline
I don't want to stir the pot.

I think it is great that Simo took the time to post the details of his interview and offered interviewing tips.

However, I think there is DEFINITELY something wrong with the CO's and something terribly wrong at the Consulate. I would hate for anyone to think otherwise, and become complacent because they feel if their case is secure and they are prepared for a tough interview, it cannot happen to them.

Kiya or someone else could outline this way better than me, but the CO's are doing many things wrong:

1) Denying without looking at the evidence, or even letting the beneficiary hand them the evidence they brought.

2) Returning the petitions without giving the person the reason why their petition is being returned.

3) Not giving them the opportunity to overcome the objections at the consulate level.

4) Apparently returning petitions based not on *new* information but information that was known at the time the petition was approved at the USCIS level (i.e. - age difference).

All of these things are clearly errors on the part of the CO/consulate and not the petitioner. As important as it is to know what to expect from an interview, I feel it is equally important to know there are issues with the CO's. If you are aware of the issues, you might be better prepared to deal with them.

The interviews shouldn't have to be about outwitting the CO. Everyone should be given a fair opportunity. If the CO's are returning petitions because they have confused or tripped people up, that is plain wrong. Going prepared is extremely important, and Simo gave great advice - but I disagree that there if something goes wrong it is "you" rather than the "consular", particularly at this embassy.

Rebecca

Rebecca, no one said the Consulate was doing things perfectly and neither of us said that those who's petitions were returned were justifiably done so. I think we all know things are not perfect in Casa. Until one of us on VJ has a job working as a CO, none of us can say specifically what goes on there for sure. I also don't think he ever said if you followed his advice your petition would never be returned. After all, we could have just as easliy been returned too, all he is trying to say is be prepared!

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.