PalestineMyHeart

Carter, Annan to Lead Peace Delegation to Middle East

30 posts in this topic

Wow, simple_male, all your favorite characters in one place.

No one is my favorite character here, I say what I think is right, I agree with what I think is right, I do not agree with what I think is not right.

You have a nice weekend, mawilson.

Edited by simple_male

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Are you really allowed to call me that kind of a name? Amazing.

However, back to intractable seeming conflicts there are many people who can and do see the correlation between the Northern Irish and South African conflicts and the Palestinian/Israeli conflict and that there has been a settlement in two lends hope that there can be a settlement in the third. Added to that the will of such eminant ambassadors it seems at least possible to view a glimmer of hope from such an delegation and to simply say the'll fail seems to me exessively glib.

probably just as allowed as you are able to call me ignorant ;)

it's two entirely different cultures. end of story.

Incidentally, would you care to expand how the Irish are more 'malleable' as you have clearly stated that wasn't a dig but a well thought out and intelligent comment on the topic at hand.

see my previous remark.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I realise this was a flip comment, but we are not one person posting under a host of different pseudomyms...or are we?

i think he maybe meant carter, mandela, tutu, annan, etc. simple has cited their words, beliefs, etc. in other threads.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I realise this was a flip comment, but we are not one person posting under a host of different pseudomyms...or are we?

i think he maybe meant carter, mandela, tutu, annan, etc. simple has cited their words, beliefs, etc. in other threads.

Yes, that's what I meant, thank you.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I just don't think it will work as long as Hamas speaks for the Palestinians. They don't seem to want peace, only more bloodshed. If the Palestinians voted in a reasonable government then yes, I would think peace is achievable. The Palestinian people made a big mistake when they chose them for their government, it’s one they have come to regret I bet. It’s also one they can correct. But until then all they can hope for is more of the same.

Oh I see the point. Well, I have great respect for them (Carter, Mandela, Tutu, Annan, etc), because their views are fair and balanced and well respected around the world. At least, they are trying to do something while others are being indifferent. Oh, maybe Carter, Mandela, Tutu, Annan all are posting here using my name. :lol:

Mawilson, I hope, you will support their efforts. Shalom Alaikhum.

Edited by simple_male

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

I just don't think it will work as long as Hamas speaks for the Palestinians. They don't seem to want peace, only more bloodshed. If the Palestinians voted in a reasonable government then yes, I would think peace is achievable. The Palestinian people made a big mistake when they chose them for their government, it’s one they have come to regret I bet. It’s also one they can correct. But until then all they can hope for is more of the same.

The reason why the power sharing government with Hamas failed was not because of Hamas. But because Israel and the United States refused to deal with that government as long as Hamas was part of it.

Hamas represents a large portion of the Palestinian population. Any peace deal has to include them, or it will fail. They have too much popular support to simply ignore.

keTiiDCjGVo

The reason why the power sharing government with Hamas failed was not because of Hamas. But because Israel and the United States refused to deal with that government as long as Hamas was part of it.

Hamas represents a large portion of the Palestinian population. Any peace deal has to include them, or it will fail. They have too much popular support to simply ignore.

Then it is doomed to fail.

Are you really allowed to call me that kind of a name? Amazing.

However, back to intractable seeming conflicts there are many people who can and do see the correlation between the Northern Irish and South African conflicts and the Palestinian/Israeli conflict and that there has been a settlement in two lends hope that there can be a settlement in the third. Added to that the will of such eminant ambassadors it seems at least possible to view a glimmer of hope from such an delegation and to simply say the'll fail seems to me exessively glib.

probably just as allowed as you are able to call me ignorant ;)

it's two entirely different cultures. end of story.

Incidentally, would you care to expand how the Irish are more 'malleable' as you have clearly stated that wasn't a dig but a well thought out and intelligent comment on the topic at hand.

see my previous remark.

Ignorance as in lacking knowledge of the subject and your remark (again flip) betrays the fact that indeed on this subject you are.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

A #### is a slang word for a ####### - yes, I can see how my calling you ignorant rates as an equivelant.

As to your argument, or lack of, you are suggesting that the Irish, being a different, more easily manipulated culture that a peaceful settlement is possible where in the Middle East that just would never happen? Whatever way you look at it, that's a flimsy argument and mildly insulting to everyone.

However, feel free to share more of your enlightenment. It's certainly entertaining on some level.

My apologies for the misinterpretation. I took it entirely the wrong way.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
A #### is a slang word for a ####### - yes, I can see how my calling you ignorant rates as an equivelant.

As to your argument, or lack of, you are suggesting that the Irish, being a different, more easily manipulated culture that a peaceful settlement is possible where in the Middle East that just would never happen? Whatever way you look at it, that's a flimsy argument and mildly insulting to everyone.

However, feel free to share more of your enlightenment. It's certainly entertaining on some level.

i guess you'll just have to hide and watch as this plan goes down in flames.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Well, if you don't like it, you can thank the genius in the White House. He's the one who insisted that Palestinian elections be held in January 2006, and he's the one who said Hamas should be allowed to participate.

Everyone who knew *anything* about the Palestinian/Israeli situation TOLD him that Fatah's rep was so low at the time that Hamas was sure to sweep the elections. Abbas begged him not to rush the elections. The Israelis begged him not to rush the elections.

But when Georgie seizes on some crazy idea, seems nobody can knock it out of his little pea brain.

The results were no surprise to anyone. Except George W. So let's give credit where credit is due.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Someone doing something is better than many people doing nothing. But gabbing about it all the same.

Best of luck to them.

I completely agree...let's try diplomacy for a change...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, if you don't like it, you can thank the genius in the White House. He's the one who insisted that Palestinian elections be held in January 2006, and he's the one who said Hamas should be allowed to participate.

Everyone who knew *anything* about the Palestinian/Israeli situation TOLD him that Fatah's rep was so low at the time that Hamas was sure to sweep the elections. Abbas begged him not to rush the elections. The Israelis begged him not to rush the elections.

But when Georgie seizes on some crazy idea, seems nobody can knock it out of his little pea brain.

The results were no surprise to anyone. Except George W. So let's give credit where credit is due.

It certainly wasn't the best call.