SilverShadow

I need some help please

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm not sure if this will be an issue but My I551 stamp on my passport will expire tomorrow 03/07th. I've filed I751 since 2003 but a divorce occured in 05 (I've been waiting since 03. I guess my file was lost) & had to refile another I751 on my own w/ my lawyer in July 07. They sent me an appointment for Biometrics & Extension letter for 1 year of the expiration of my card (NOA). I'm confused if i will be out of status since my stamp will expire tomorrow. I just called National Center & talked to a customer service rep. who was very rude & unhelpful. She started laughing when she picked up the phone (I guess she was joking w/ her colleagues) she was very unprofessional. Anyway, she told me I gotta get my passport stamped tomorrow since I don't have a card. BTW, my card was revoked when it expired & they were just stamping my passport each time before expiration. Do you think i will be out of status eventhough I got NOA letter last August extending my status for additional year?? Please advise.

N.B: I've tried to make an info pass for tomorrow but they don't have anything open until Tuesday 11th.

Regards,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The letter from last august extended your conditional status for a year, that should be next August. You can schedule an info pass and get another stamp.

Note: you status does not change until USCIS makes a decision on your current pending case. All the stamp and/or letter is, is evidence of status.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

The letter from last august extended your conditional status for a year, that should be next August. You can schedule an info pass and get another stamp.

Note: you status does not change until USCIS makes a decision on your current pending case. All the stamp and/or letter is, is evidence of status.

Thank you for your reply. I do appreciate it.

you filed 1-751 in 2003? and divorced in 2005? why it took so long for your 10 year green card? its been a looonnng process for you. did you ask them about it at least last 2004?

Yes it's a long process & frankly, I didn't know if they lost my file or what happened. I asked lawyers, made numerous info passes, sent many inquires to VSC & tried my state senator all that without any success. They always tell me your case is pending & you have to wait!!! So when I got divorced back in 05. I didn't know that i have to refile another I751. I consulted w/ a lawyer who advised that I needed to re file another I751 on my own. I filed it last July with him & it's pending now. I know it's taking nearly 5 years dealing w/ this BS.

Thanks,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.