Parker

Social Security

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know that this is not going to help me right now as I am already a victim of theft. My wallet has been stolen and I have lost all my important documents that even included my financial details. I fear that they may be used to make my accounts drain. I have already taken the necessary steps for this but this is going to be a real danger in future as it is sometimes too late and by that time everything is gone. I wanted to know that if there are any pre-steps that we can take in case of wallet theft?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

http://www.suzeorman.com/igsbase/igstempla...ExpertiseID=120

Hi! I'm sorry so to hear your wallet was stolen. If you haven't already, you should definitely file a police report (make sure to list the items lost in DETAIL: Driver's license SScard, green card etc. You should immediately call your banks or credit cards and report the theft and put a hold on your account, then you should place a fraud alert on your credit report, call EQUIFAX: 800-525-6285. Its an automated system, When you call EQUIFAX they will extend your fraud alert to the other two credit bureaus as well. Once you have a police report, then you should file a credit freeze (having the police report will allow you to get the freeze and get temporary lifts for $0). Also, you should take your police report to the SS office and ask for a new NUMBER. Also, make sure you keep your house secure since the person who stole your wallet also has your home address.

In the future its a good idea to photocopy everything you regularly carry in your wallet, front AND back. And only carry your SSCard if you are completing employment paperwork or some other specific purpose, otherwise leave it at home.

Filed: Timeline
http://www.suzeorman.com/igsbase/igstempla...ExpertiseID=120

Hi! I'm sorry so to hear your wallet was stolen. If you haven't already, you should definitely file a police report (make sure to list the items lost in DETAIL: Driver's license SScard, green card etc. You should immediately call your banks or credit cards and report the theft and put a hold on your account, then you should place a fraud alert on your credit report, call EQUIFAX: 800-525-6285. Its an automated system, When you call EQUIFAX they will extend your fraud alert to the other two credit bureaus as well. Once you have a police report, then you should file a credit freeze (having the police report will allow you to get the freeze and get temporary lifts for $0). Also, you should take your police report to the SS office and ask for a new NUMBER. Also, make sure you keep your house secure since the person who stole your wallet also has your home address.

In the future its a good idea to photocopy everything you regularly carry in your wallet, front AND back. And only carry your SSCard if you are completing employment paperwork or some other specific purpose, otherwise leave it at home.

I was also a victim of wallet theft and that made me to look for the answers concerning these issues. I recently heard about Wallet Lock which is a service effective against theft. In this, the company helps you to make your details secure and in case of your wallet being stolen they help you to get back the details and make you feel secure about the information not being used to your harm. It really makes us feel comfortable to go on a spending spree without the hassle to be panicked when your wallet is stolen. I hope that you will find this information useful and make it work in your best interests.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.