Eric-Pris

Application forwarded from NVC to Embassies

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I don't understand it, I am having a very difficult time getting through to the NVC to find out the status on my case. Anyone else have this issue?

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kid brooklyn;

You are phenominal!!! :dancing::dancing: Thnaks for this very informative thread and the hard work you must have put into it. A couple of questions for you if you don't mind :star:

1.How would one know if their case ws in one of those packages?

2. The next question I have is how soon after the interview date is assigned does the letter get mailed and received?

First, you are welcome. I like helping out, but sometimes I forget or am too busy preparing for our own interview which is this Friday.

Ok, about your questions:

1. You really would never be able to know 100%, there are no names with the tracking numbers. You can call the NVC and they will tell you exactly what day it shipped. Then look at the list for that day and see if there was a package to your country's embassy. If there is, chances are very good that it's yours. If there's not, look at the day after and before. It's more of an educated guess than anything. But if you have already received an interview date, you don't even need to bother with this because your case was already received and processed by the embassy. They are the ones who schedule interviews, not NVC. If they already scheduled you for an interview, your case was shipped by NVC and received by the embassy.

2. What letter? You mean the interview appointment letter? I would assume within a day or two, but that's just a guess. If you received or have the list of approved doctors, you can schedule your medical. I think it's good for 60 days, but I'm not 100% sure, it may be 30. You'd have to call the embassy or somebody here knows I'm sure. Also, start the vaccinations as soon as possible. Have your SO go to their general doctor and get whatever vaccines they're missing. The cost at the embassy doctor's office during the medical is very high.

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
YAY!! Our case was forwarded today to the colombian embassy!! I guess I just have to wait now to see if there is a packet tomorrow or if todays packet that was sent is it!! Yay!!

Congratulations!

One question, how can you know which tracking number( from NVC to Embassy ) belong to your case since there is no link except destination? Do we need call NVC and find out when do they send out? Thanks!

Lucy

Apri. 2005 Met in office

12-27-07 Marriage

CR-1

I-130 for Wife

1-06-08 I-130 Mailed

2-08-08 NOA1 from CSC

2-13-08 Case on line

4-23-08 NOA2

NVC

4-29-08 Case number assigned

5-05-08 DS-3032 & AOS generate

5-07-08 DS-3032 send

5-07-08 AOS paid on line, Barcode sheet print out

5-13-08 I-864 mail to NVC

5-14-08 DS-3032 accepted by NVC

5-17-08 Pay IV fee on line

5-xx-08 I-864 accepted by NVC

5-20-08 DS-230 generate and send

5-23-08 DS-230 enter into NVC system, automessage updated

6-04-08 Case completed at NVC

6-09-08 Case left NVC

CR2

I-130 for Daughter

1-06-08 I-130 Mailed

2-08-08 NOA1 from CSC

2-13-08 Case on line

4-25-08 NOA2

NVC

5-02-08 Cased number assigned

5-09-08 DS-3032 & AOS generate

5-08-08 DS-3032 send

5-07-08 AOS paid on line( included under wife's case , no additional fee here ), barcode sheet print

5-13-08 I-864 mail to NVC

5-15-08 DS-3032 accepted by NVC

5-17-08 Pay IV fee on line

5-xx-08 I-864 accepted by NVC

5-20-08 DS-230 generate and send

5-23-08 DS-230 enter into NVC system, automessage updated

6-04-08 Case completed at NVC

6-09-08 Case left NVC

One question, how can you know which tracking number( from NVC to Embassy ) belong to your case since there is no link except destination? Do we need call NVC and find out when do they send out? Thanks!

Exactly. You have to keep calling NVC until you get a live person on the phone. Then ask them exactly what date it was shipped. Then look at the list for that day and see if there was a package to your country's embassy. If there is, chances are that it's yours. If there's not, look at the day after and before. It's more of an educated guess than anything, there's no way to know for sure.

I don't understand it, I am having a very difficult time getting through to the NVC to find out the status on my case. Anyone else have this issue?

I found that the lines are usually very busy during the day and early part of the week. On Wed and Thur, it would be better, especially in the evenings, after 8pm eastern.

Timeline

I found that the lines are usually very busy during the day and early part of the week. On Wed and Thur, it would be better, especially in the evenings, after 8pm eastern.

Thanks for the reply I guess I should just keep trying. I will try calling more towards the evening.

Edited by BigCityDave

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

K1 Visa Petition

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(05-29-08)Interview Date

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the reply I guess I should just keep trying. I will try calling more towards the evening.

NVC operators don't know what day your case was shipped. They know what day it was approved to go to the mail room for shipping. Tracking is a nice game to play while you're waiting but calling the DOS visa info line is the best way to keep track of your case progress after it leaves NVC. Somebody in the appropriate regional forum can probably tell you how long it takes from NVC to your Consulate to log the case in as received. Some are days. Some are weeks. Some are a two or three months.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

NVC operators don't know what day your case was shipped. They know what day it was approved to go to the mail room for shipping. Tracking is a nice game to play while you're waiting but calling the DOS visa info line is the best way to keep track of your case progress after it leaves NVC. Somebody in the appropriate regional forum can probably tell you how long it takes from NVC to your Consulate to log the case in as received. Some are days. Some are weeks. Some are a two or three months.

Just got done checking and it has already been sent to Budapest, Hungary.

Woohoo! :dance:

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

K1 Visa Petition

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(05-29-08)Interview Date

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Kid brooklyn;

You are phenominal!!! :dancing::dancing: Thnaks for this very informative thread and the hard work you must have put into it. A couple of questions for you if you don't mind :star:

1.How would one know if their case ws in one of those packages?

2. The next question I have is how soon after the interview date is assigned does the letter get mailed and received?

First, you are welcome. I like helping out, but sometimes I forget or am too busy preparing for our own interview which is this Friday.

Ok, about your questions:

1. You really would never be able to know 100%, there are no names with the tracking numbers. You can call the NVC and they will tell you exactly what day it shipped. Then look at the list for that day and see if there was a package to your country's embassy. If there is, chances are very good that it's yours. If there's not, look at the day after and before. It's more of an educated guess than anything. But if you have already received an interview date, you don't even need to bother with this because your case was already received and processed by the embassy. They are the ones who schedule interviews, not NVC. If they already scheduled you for an interview, your case was shipped by NVC and received by the embassy.

2. What letter? You mean the interview appointment letter? I would assume within a day or two, but that's just a guess. If you received or have the list of approved doctors, you can schedule your medical. I think it's good for 60 days, but I'm not 100% sure, it may be 30. You'd have to call the embassy or somebody here knows I'm sure. Also, start the vaccinations as soon as possible. Have your SO go to their general doctor and get whatever vaccines they're missing. The cost at the embassy doctor's office during the medical is very high.

Good luck.

Thanks Kid;

Actually our interview appointment is made by NVC. Our case was completed 3/3 and interview date was given to me on 3/25 for 5/6. I called NVC yesterday and the automated sustem says the case was forwarded to the embassy on 4/1, but I still have not received the interview letter. My SO already scheduled the medical for 4/16 and because of how the mail system is in JA, I have to send my copy to him by DHL so he can have it to take to the medical. I got the required vaccinations from a friend who forwarded it from the CDC site.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Thanks Kid;

Actually our interview appointment is made by NVC. Our case was completed 3/3 and interview date was given to me on 3/25 for 5/6. I called NVC yesterday and the automated sustem says the case was forwarded to the embassy on 4/1, but I still have not received the interview letter. My SO already scheduled the medical for 4/16 and because of how the mail system is in JA, I have to send my copy to him by DHL so he can have it to take to the medical. I got the required vaccinations from a friend who forwarded it from the CDC site.

Sorry, the answers I gave you were based on the assumption that you guys were doing a K-1 fiancee visa, but it looks like it's a marriage visa, right?

I'm not familiar with that process at all.

Sorry, my fiancee and I had our interview on Friday ( :thumbs::dance: ), so I didn't get a chance to post the last few days' lists. I had some free time, so here they are.

DHL_4_2_08.pdf

DHL_4_3_08.pdf

DHL_4_4_08.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Sorry, my fiancee and I had our interview on Friday ( :thumbs::dance: ), so I didn't get a chance to post the last few days' lists. I had some free time, so here they are.

Hope the interview went well , and thanks for posting these to help everyone. :dance:

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
is it just me or that there is nothing going to china O_o;;

I was thinking the same thing. Received USCIS approval letter 03/23/08 and NVC letter on 03/28/08. Have been watching for the package to be sent to Guangzhou since and nothing yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.