mcsexy

still using my first husband name

25 posts in this topic

i have different last names on alot of things, it hasn't yet caused any complications.

thank you very much..but i still want ot know if it is imposibble to change my passport to my husband name..so i will have no problem when i get there and ive hear it will cost a lot...god bless

You should contact the passport office. They are the one who can tell you how you can change your passport to your husband's name.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

i have different last names on alot of things, it hasn't yet caused any complications.

thank you very much..but i still want ot know if it is imposibble to change my passport to my husband name..so i will have no problem when i get there and ive hear it will cost a lot...god bless

You should contact the passport office. They are the one who can tell you how you can change your passport to your husband's name.

Thank you ..i will do that... :thumbs:

K-3 Visa

Marriage : 2007-02-26

I-130 Sent : 2007-07-05

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-07-13

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-18

I-130 Approval : 2007-12-03

Interview Date : 2008-04-10

Visa Received : 2008-04-15

US Entry : 2008-05-02

EAD Filed : 2008-10-16

NOA Date : 2007-10-20

Bio. Appt. : 2008-12-19

Approved Date : 2008-12-31

Date Card Received : 2009-01-05

EAD was approved in 76 days.

i tried to call USEM but unfortunately, i wont be able to talk to someone, instead i end up calling SLEC and ask them if they have any idea..if its ok if i didnt use my husband name.. According to them theres a lot of of cases like mine not using their husbands name yet..and i asked if its possible for me to change my passport to my husband name..they said its ok but there will be some delays with the process , coz i already had my medical using my passport with my current name..if that so...they will repeat my xrays and other medicals that with my previous name on it...well, i guess i will stick to my current name..i just bring along with me the proof of our marriage from NSO....I can't take take it no more if i will have another delay..I just miss my husband so much..All i want is to be with him and start our life together..thank you to my VJ family that is always there for their fellow member...god bless !!!

Edited by mcsexy

K-3 Visa

i tried to call USEM but unfortunately, i wont be able to talk to someone, instead i end up calling SLEC and ask them if they have any idea..if its ok if i didnt use my husband name.. According to them theres a lot of of cases like mine not using their husbands name yet..and i asked if its possible for me to change my passport to my husband name..they said its ok but there will be some delays with the process , coz i already had my medical using my passport with my current name..if that so...they will repeat my xrays and other medicals that with my previous name on it...well, i guess i will stick to my current name..i just bring along with me the proof of our marriage from NSO....I can't take take it no more if i will have another delay..I just miss my husband so much..All i want is to be with him and start our life together..thank you to my VJ family that is always there for their fellow member...god bless !!!

So you are fine. Great and do not worry about this anymore.

NVC Process of I-130:

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

She may not have to worry about visa issue but this issue will remain for some time because her green card will have a different name than her passport and any international travel or even domestic travel until she has ID in her married name will have to be done in her old name. It's a mess that will need taking care of at some time. Perhaps during a lull in your process you can get a new passport through the Bangladesh Embassy in DC after arrrival.

On a side note, two of my most thankful moments were when those jets left the Dhaka airport for London the first time and Singapore the second. If I'm never in Chittagong again, it will be too soon. The 500 taka notes are really beautiful though. I'm sad I lost my souvenir.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

She may not have to worry about visa issue but this issue will remain for some time because her green card will have a different name than her passport and any international travel or even domestic travel until she has ID in her married name will have to be done in her old name. It's a mess that will need taking care of at some time. Perhaps during a lull in your process you can get a new passport through the Bangladesh Embassy in DC after arrrival.

On a side note, two of my most thankful moments were when those jets left the Dhaka airport for London the first time and Singapore the second. If I'm never in Chittagong again, it will be too soon. The 500 taka notes are really beautiful though. I'm sad I lost my souvenir.

Pushbrk, I am not sure, if the OP is from Bangladesh, as her profile does not say anything. However, I am glad to hear that you were in Dhaka. My wife and I were born in Dhaka, but I moved to USA long time ago and my wife immigrated to USA recently. I have few 500 taka and other notes. Chittagong is a beautiful port city right by the Bay of Bengal. You will love it.

Edited by simple_male

NVC Process of I-130:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Pushbrk, I am not sure, if the OP is from Bangladesh, as her profile does not say anything. However, I am glad to hear that you were in Dhaka. My wife and I were born in Dhaka, but I moved to USA long time ago and my wife immigrated to USA recently. I have few 500 taka and other notes. Chittagong is a beautiful port city right by the Bay of Bengal. You will love it.

Oh, I've been to Chittagong twice, which is why I said "never again" will be too soon. FYI, that part of the Bay of Bengal is very shallow and the water is brown from silt for many miles from shore. I've stayed at the hotel Agrabad and at the Navy Base VIP housing. I was there delivering and training on a sonar system, so have seen the City, Port, River and have been miles out into the Bay. I was only at the Dhaka airport. Once inside the international terminal, things are pretty Western and comfortable but the treck to and wait in the domestic terminal was quite unpleasant. Upon arrival, I was quite impressed with the jetway and coucourse including the adequate air conditioning, until I stepped into the restroom without air conditioning and saw the trail of ants traversing the wall nearby.

I do have a fond memory of what seemed to be several family members who assisted with getting my baggage to the domestic terminal on the first trip. I had tipped those carrying the bags at the beginning of the walk but a girl of about 5, walked beside me and in perfect English said, "I would like an English coin." She was so cute, my heart was touched, so I gave her the only English coin I had, a full Pound.

My first trip was during the general strikes in March 1996, so not a good time. A local agent was to meet me but he had so much trouble getting from his home to the airport, he wasn't able to meet me until I'd been in the domestic terminal for a couple hours and the flight was about ready to leave. The Navy deemed it unsafe to transport me to and from the hotel downtown, so they put me up in the VIP officers quarters on the base. I could hear the molotof coctails going off outside the main gate a hundred meters away.

Actually, I found it quite a charming country overall but my visits could not be considered pleasant.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

One day you will probably have to show all the legal documents on how you obtained the names that you are using. e.g. birth certificate, previous marriage documents, divorce documents, court orders, etc.

Usually the USCIS asks for this information in the process of adjudicating a petition.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Oh, I've been to Chittagong twice, which is why I said "never again" will be too soon. FYI, that part of the Bay of Bengal is very shallow and the water is brown from silt for many miles from shore. I've stayed at the hotel Agrabad and at the Navy Base VIP housing. I was there delivering and training on a sonar system, so have seen the City, Port, River and have been miles out into the Bay. I was only at the Dhaka airport. Once inside the international terminal, things are pretty Western and comfortable but the treck to and wait in the domestic terminal was quite unpleasant. Upon arrival, I was quite impressed with the jetway and coucourse including the adequate air conditioning, until I stepped into the restroom without air conditioning and saw the trail of ants traversing the wall nearby.

I do have a fond memory of what seemed to be several family members who assisted with getting my baggage to the domestic terminal on the first trip. I had tipped those carrying the bags at the beginning of the walk but a girl of about 5, walked beside me and in perfect English said, "I would like an English coin." She was so cute, my heart was touched, so I gave her the only English coin I had, a full Pound.

My first trip was during the general strikes in March 1996, so not a good time. A local agent was to meet me but he had so much trouble getting from his home to the airport, he wasn't able to meet me until I'd been in the domestic terminal for a couple hours and the flight was about ready to leave. The Navy deemed it unsafe to transport me to and from the hotel downtown, so they put me up in the VIP officers quarters on the base. I could hear the molotof coctails going off outside the main gate a hundred meters away.

Actually, I found it quite a charming country overall but my visits could not be considered pleasant.

Oh I see. I had visited the Chittagong Navy area in Potenga many times. I like Potenga area in general.

NVC Process of I-130:

One day you will probably have to show all the legal documents on how you obtained the names that you are using. e.g. birth certificate, previous marriage documents, divorce documents, court orders, etc.

Usually the USCIS asks for this information in the process of adjudicating a petition.

Thank you so much...hoping it will not cause any delays on the process....god bless.

K-3 Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.