Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, I guess I can add my $.03 in regards to whether I would date/marry a professional/non-professional man. I don't think that it is as important for my husband to have the same level of education that I do. I have a Master's, and he is short of completing his high school degree by 1 course and an exam (which he is planning to take in evening courses in JA). We often have talks about what he wants to do while he is in the states, and his answer is "I want to be able to provide for you and my family." And I know that he will work and do whatever it takes to make sure that I/we are taken care of. I know, because he does that now living in JA. He manages and provides solely for himself, and he supports his mother, grandmother, and his 2 nephews because their father (one of his brothers is sorry!) won't do it, and oddly enough, neither will their mothers. Anyway, working hard is what he does and what he will always do. He loves to cook, and has even discussed going to culinary school. He has drafting experience, so he is open to going that route too. He knows that his options are wide open here. And he knows that when he gets here, I will be supportive of him doing whatever he wants to make his life better for us and for his family. I've never PUSHED it on him that he needs to go to a 4 year college...he told me flat out that it's something that he's not really interested in, and with his particular interests, it might not be necessary. He treats me like a queen, and I treat him like a king. We both have the utmost respect for one another, and love each other wholly and honestly. We share alot of the same believes, and he is very aware and able to talk about politics, religion, financial matters, etc. He's educated. College educated no. Educated in life. Yes. Do I think any less of him? NO. And I have never once felt like I was "settling" or like he was beneath me. Right before I met my husband I was seriously dating (for almost 2 years) and doctor. A scientist to be exact. Beautiful, intelligent, African man. Could have (and did) give me any and everything that I wanted. But when it came down to what I really need (compassion, someone I could really be completely myself with and relate to, strong, etc) he wasn't the one for me. And after I realized this I was honest with him, and I let him go. I admit, my life would be SO much different right now. But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way (except my husband would be here right now!) I am with who God has chosen for me. And I am undoubtedly, 150%, completely, and forever in love and dedicated to my hubby.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey guys, I am back. Just spent the day with my daughter. It is her 18th birthday.

That's great Claire, what did the two of you do? You know I remember what I did for my 18th birtday and I can't remember what I did yesterday. Now, explain that.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Everyone, Hope everyone had a great weekend and made it through Monday ok.

I have a question - need some opinions.

I am putting together all the papers for Louis to bring to interview. I went through all my tax papers and have from 2002 - 2007 with 2005 gone missing!!?? I can't imagine where it has gone to (the W2). I have moved several times so it could be in a box in storage somewhere - who knows!!??

So I asked my employer for a new one and they say "it could take some time to get a copy" ...

What would you do? I have the paperwork from H&R Block - its just the actual W2 that I am missing. I have been working for the same company for over 10 years and have a letter from them saying that. (The affidavit letter).

Do you think this W2 is something I absolutey have to have?

Thanks!

Cat

Cat, don't panic. Call the IRS anf order your tax transcripts. You do not need to bring a copy of the actual tax return and W-2 if you have the transcripts. They are more concise and that is what I sent with my AOS. Go to the IRS website and get the number and call them. You usually get it within 2 weeks or less. :thumbs::thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Timeline
Well, I guess I can add my $.03 in regards to whether I would date/marry a professional/non-professional man. I don't think that it is as important for my husband to have the same level of education that I do. I have a Master's, and he is short of completing his high school degree by 1 course and an exam (which he is planning to take in evening courses in JA). We often have talks about what he wants to do while he is in the states, and his answer is "I want to be able to provide for you and my family." And I know that he will work and do whatever it takes to make sure that I/we are taken care of. I know, because he does that now living in JA. He manages and provides solely for himself, and he supports his mother, grandmother, and his 2 nephews because their father (one of his brothers is sorry!) won't do it, and oddly enough, neither will their mothers. Anyway, working hard is what he does and what he will always do. He loves to cook, and has even discussed going to culinary school. He has drafting experience, so he is open to going that route too. He knows that his options are wide open here. And he knows that when he gets here, I will be supportive of him doing whatever he wants to make his life better for us and for his family. I've never PUSHED it on him that he needs to go to a 4 year college...he told me flat out that it's something that he's not really interested in, and with his particular interests, it might not be necessary. He treats me like a queen, and I treat him like a king. We both have the utmost respect for one another, and love each other wholly and honestly. We share alot of the same believes, and he is very aware and able to talk about politics, religion, financial matters, etc. He's educated. College educated no. Educated in life. Yes. Do I think any less of him? NO. And I have never once felt like I was "settling" or like he was beneath me. Right before I met my husband I was seriously dating (for almost 2 years) and doctor. A scientist to be exact. Beautiful, intelligent, African man. Could have (and did) give me any and everything that I wanted. But when it came down to what I really need (compassion, someone I could really be completely myself with and relate to, strong, etc) he wasn't the one for me. And after I realized this I was honest with him, and I let him go. I admit, my life would be SO much different right now. But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way (except my husband would be here right now!) I am with who God has chosen for me. And I am undoubtedly, 150%, completely, and forever in love and dedicated to my hubby.

Sorry, Mrs. P; but I had to highlight the entire thing. That was very, very well put. Some people want STATUS, but is it really worth it. I too was dating a doctor about 11 years ago, but I was not attracted to him emotionally and I needed that. We still speak every now and then and constantly reminds me of how different my life would have been if I had married him. He told me he could have given me the world. Maybe so.....but I needed more than that. I want someone I can connect to and that's enough for me.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Kimmy.....they are talking about a K-1. With a K-1, you marry in the US, file for AOS, receive a 2 year conditional green card. 90 days before the expiration date, up to the expiration date, you can then file for the 10 year green cared. That is called lifting of conditions.

ahahah....Mi know seh a did something dat no ave nuttin fi do wid mi :lol::lol:

OK...SOO..GILL WANTED ME TO TELL U GUYS..SHE'S SORRY THAT HER JOURNEY HAS COME TO AN END..AND SHE'S GONNA TAKE A BREAK

Ah lie yuh a tell :angry::angry:

Timeline

Sorry, Mrs. P; but I had to highlight the entire thing. That was very, very well put. Some people want STATUS, but is it really worth it. I too was dating a doctor about 11 years ago, but I was not attracted to him emotionally and I needed that. We still speak every now and then and constantly reminds me of how different my life would have been if I had married him. He told me he could have given me the world. Maybe so.....but I needed more than that. I want someone I can connect to and that's enough for me.

Exactly. And please forgive my spelling errors...it's been a long day!! :lol::lol::lol:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Kimmy you better start talking!!! bat.gif

ahaha.. :lol::lol: ok yards since a u :)

OK..GILL WANTED ME TO LET U GUYS KNOW THAT HER JOURNEY HAS COME TO AN END ...THEY GOT APPROVED !!!, SO SHE IS TAKING A BREAK TO GET HERSELF PREPARED FOR WHEN KEN...ARRIVES !!!

CONGRTAS GILLI..WE KNEW U COULD DO IT !!

SORRY GUYS !!!! :lol:

Ah coulda wring yuh blasted neck. :angry::angry: Yuh gi mi an instant headache. :whistle::whistle: Me nah talk yuh yuh backside nuh more. Yuh nuh noa seh me have a bad hart. Watch me an yuh. Me a go walk come a Mount Vernon and whip yuh backside :lol::lol:

WOOHOO!!! Glad she was approved!!!

Me suh happy for her :dance::dance: De one Kimmi she nearly give me a backside heart attack. Read weh me tel har say :angry:

Timeline
:lol:

It's just a subject i hate b/c ppl judge my relationship all the time..they assume that my husband has no idea b/c i'm the college grad and doing somthing for herself kinda gal and "should" be with a man that is choking himself with a tie just b/c of that..so basicly they're saying i'm "better" than my husband...so u never know what's the meaning of the book until u read it...unless u "judge" by reading from the back :) I find ppl that force each other into these so called professional lives end up being miserable when they grow old if they get there..

OK JG ..dats it mi come off di soap box b4 mi slip :lol:

Kimmy you have made some very valid points today and I applaud you for that. As long as the man is educated, does not mean he has to be a professional wearing a suit and tie. We have to be supportive of each other and not try to change the other person into what they are not or weren't when the relationship started. :thumbs::thumbs:

But me still vex wid yuh. :angry::angry:

Lawd Gill must be over the MOON right now!!!!

Lawny, mi seh mi nearly draap outta mi seat tuh RASS!!!

Mi did a feel seh no, di man cyaa suh fool!!

MI wonda a when him fine out??

Dem mek him guh inside??

Tell har fi ansa di phone to him ONE time, and gwaan like shi nuh know weh a gwaan, fi get di whole story :lol:

Lawd mi wah know SUH BAD!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I guess Tnw is next on the interview list..... I'll start saying prayers for you now girl.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

OK - I just have to say that I may not need to bleach my hair anymore after this whol process! It may just turn white on its own!

I called the NVC and they have already sent the paperwork to Barbados! It is soooo close!

I hope I have Gill's luck and good blessings! It is all happening so fast now. When I sent the I129f I thought I would be waiting FOREVER!!!

Maybe if my timing is right Louis will get his interview while I am in St Lucia next month!!!

ahhhh!!!

Ok - I will calm down now...

:-)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Well I have been scanning through what has bee said and I wanna put in my likkle 2 cents. I just dont want anyone to laff and make fun of what I am abt to say. I am a college graduate and my hubby well lets put it, he cannot read and write so well. I love and respect him with all my heart, and this has never been a problem to me and I havent loved hima any less. He is enrolled in a school where he starts out with the basics and then he will work his way up. HE works in a factory and I work in a hospital. Let me tell you, he is very intellegent and nobody can fool him. HE makes fun of me that I am "book smart", but he is "street smart"

No one here will make fun of you. Your hubby is ambitious and like he says, he has street smarts. He is at least trying to better himself. Him not being able to read and write does not make him the man who he is or the man you fell in love with. I am sure one day you are gonna come back on here announcing very proudly his achievements. Good luck :thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline
Kimmy you better start talking!!! bat.gif

ahaha.. :lol::lol: ok yards since a u :)

OK..GILL WANTED ME TO LET U GUYS KNOW THAT HER JOURNEY HAS COME TO AN END ...THEY GOT APPROVED !!!, SO SHE IS TAKING A BREAK TO GET HERSELF PREPARED FOR WHEN KEN...ARRIVES !!!

CONGRTAS GILLI..WE KNEW U COULD DO IT !!

SORRY GUYS !!!! :lol:

Congrats Gill :dance:

Thanks for letting us know Kimmy.

Congratulations!!! :dance: another one bites the dust :)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.