Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kimmy you better start talking!!! bat.gif

ahaha.. :lol::lol: ok yards since a u :)

OK..GILL WANTED ME TO LET U GUYS KNOW THAT HER JOURNEY HAS COME TO AN END ...THEY GOT APPROVED !!!, SO SHE IS TAKING A BREAK TO GET HERSELF PREPARED FOR WHEN KEN...ARRIVES !!!

CONGRTAS GILLI..WE KNEW U COULD DO IT !!

SORRY GUYS !!!! :lol:

Congrats Gill :dance:

Thanks for letting us know Kimmy.

She's jumping off the walls...amongst other things :lol:

:lol: i'm sure..... :lol:

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

OK..GILL WANTED ME TO LET U GUYS KNOW THAT HER JOURNEY HAS COME TO AN END ...THEY GOT APPROVED !!!, SO SHE IS TAKING A BREAK TO GET HERSELF PREPARED FOR WHEN KEN...ARRIVES !!!

Jeez! I dont even know her as well as you all do and I was freaked out! I was waiting for everyone else to ask what was up!!

Congrats to Gill!! That is wonderful news!!!!!!

IRIE

:-)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That was so mean Kimmy...yuh knoa sey yuh a go pay fi it lata right?!?

memba u cyaa be too mean...I"M WITH CHILD... :lol::lol:

:lol: Yuh only wid child fi anodda couple of months...mi cyan wait :diablo:

Edited by Yardiewife

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

More questions...

If I make the required amount of money do I still need a letter from the bank?

I belong to a Credit Union and do not get bank statements. Don't need them - do all my banking online.

Also - What is a "no Impedement" form?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Timeline
On another note... I looked at flights from SLU to Barbados.. Liat has one way fares of $35 which is great but the taxes and fees on the same flight is $45 .. so a R/T ticket is $169. WTH are all those fees about!!??

I wish I could find flights like that from MD to JA because I'd be there every weekend..lol

Sunny they did last year, but you had to pay $183 in taxes nad security fees. On Sprit Airlines (never again)

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

Kimmy,

But see yah!....U lucky seh u WID PICKNEY ar mi wuda jump on the JERSEY TURNPIKE an come tump u dung...cho mek mi pick up my heart off a di floor

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Ok....I don't think someone being a "professional" makes them any more of a "good" husband/bf whatever...Sometimes they are the ones that know nothing about loving another person b/c they love themselves so..they become selfish at the game. Anything a man does in live that fufills him is his profession..my husband would not give up his trade for a desk job..he doesn't think that's work..and of course mi affi go inna one long story why a desk job is just as much of a job liek any hard labor job...It all come down to who appreciates what u can offer..not what "I" can make u and all this fantasy #######....That's like me telling my hsband .."u have to go to school and become a CPA for u to be able to be around my friends" kiss mi teet...bunch a ####### and u relationship won't last b/c ur trying to change him/her into something he is NOT..sharing a common goal for the relationship is it for me..we have to be striving for the same things...I push u, u push me..and so on...

Exactly, Kimmy. Well said.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

So happy for Gill. Please tell her so.

And, Kimmy.......DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN! I swear my heart stopped beating for a second there and I got tears in my eyes. Damn you!!!!!!!

Irie.....as long as your actual salary is above the poverty level and you can prove it, you do not really need any of the rest of that stuff. My theory is still the more the better, so I do believe in getting the rest of that stuff in order, just in case you get some wacko interviewer who asks for more.

A Non-Impediment form is a letter from the JA RDG (or RGD, I forget) that states he has is not currently married and thus, free to marry you. It may be called something else in other countries. It is a visa requirement.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kimmy,

But see yah!....U lucky seh u WID PICKNEY ar mi wuda jump on the JERSEY TURNPIKE an come tump u dung...cho mek mi pick up my heart off a di floor

Si if yuh si mine down dere tuh. Mi cyaan find it anywhere.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That was so mean Kimmy...yuh knoa sey yuh a go pay fi it lata right?!?

memba u cyaa be too mean...I"M WITH CHILD... :lol::lol:

:lol: Yuh only wid child fi anodda couple of months...mi cyan wait :diablo:

but memba mi afi care fi di child after birth....so yuh affi gimme at least 1yr..den daddy can tek ova :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Hey, Kimmy......

Did Gill say if she saw or heard from any of the others with interviews today?

What about what is happening with Ken's child?

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Well here is my contribution for discussion for the day. Alittle background before. I was married to a Ja man who filed a fiance visa for me waaay back in the 80's. We were married for 13 years and had two children with him. Then he punched in in the face and I left him. He is a CPA with a good job with the NYC hospitals system and very intelligent. He is so into politics and he ran for NYC councilman last year but lost. He thinks he is all that. LOL While we were married, I used to work as the assistant to the president of a woman's org. I always wanted to be a nurse so I went to nursing school and worked part-time. We had previous discussion about me not working , because I was required to be in school fultime to complete my clinicals. He was not as supportive as he promised to be. I kinda figured him out and that's why I decided to struggle and have a job while going to nursing school fulltime. I was very successful in completing school and getting my nursing license. I started as a psychiatric nurse and whenever I wanted to work overtime to make some extra money, it became an issue of my acting like I was a single woman and a lot of other complaints. The marriage deteriorated from there.

When I left him, he vowed to destroy me saying "I made you and I will break you." We had a terrible divorce which I sheltered my kids from. I got full exclusive custody of my children and signed over our house to him (that's what he wanted). After that I was able to buy my first home and had a very successsful job. My relationships with men have not been the same, couldn't trust them. I found that I always levitated to non-professional men. The last relationship I was in was with a barber. He tole me one day, I heard you are seeing a barber. Why don't you find a man who is a professional like you and meets up to your standards?" My reply was "He is a professional barber and what does his career have to do with our relationship? As long as he treats me with respect and love me the way I deserve to be loved, Why does it matter what he does for a living? The convo ended right there.

Last week he called me again, not to talk about my kids but to inquire about my personal life. I used to always shut him down, but decided to go along with the conversation. I told him that I was not in a relationship at the moment and he went ahead to say why can't I find a professional partner who meets my standards? You are a smart intelligent and beautiful woman and you should not settle for less.

Saying all that to get to my question. I hope you all are not saying "get to the question already"

How do you all feel about that statement? Do you guys think that you should try to get with a man that meets you on that professional or educational level? Or is it more important to be with a man who loves you and treats you with respect? My thoughts on this are that as long as you are both compatable and you both love and respect each other, what he does for a living should not matter. Love has no boundaries. If you go out there looking for only that "professional" are you sure he will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. I feel that some of these professoinals are so into themselves and their profession that they might not give you what you deserve.

Opinions?

First off congrats to Gill! i thought about you on my train ride into work today. I knew it'd be a piece ah cyake.

Well my thoughts on the topic of the day are that I think its all up tp the individual with what your partner does for a living. i for one go more for the professional man vs not. I am a professional woman who has done ALOT and been to many places, and am ALWAYS looking to do more. That being said, i just happen to attract professional men....I attract the non-profs too, but after awhile I realize that we may not have much in common. My ambitions and dreams for my life (which are not apart of the norm) are usually over their heads so eventually I feel like either he is holding me back and I feel stifled...and I HATE THAT. So if you are a non-prof guy you have to just have a free mind and grand outlook on life. I cannot be with a man that limits himself and what he can do just because his mind is not free. As far as how he treats me....well everyman i've dated has treated me well so there's no issues there...daddy nah raise nuh fool fool gyal.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.