Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HEy Ladies wha a gwaan???

Did i miss the boat to JA??? y'all didnt leave without me did you!!!!!???

Well i got offered the second job, ....YAY...which means i will be working 60 hours a week, lord dont know how long that is gonna last, but hopefully i can do some things, i need to do prior to D getting here.

Hello GIll, Quana, Ty, Roxcie, Wakey and Mrs Scott!!!!

Where is sonshyne and Sunny???

ANyhoo, i left off at 892, so i have to go back and catch up to where you all are now.

Oh yeah if i missed anyone , wha gwaan!!!!

Stop your worrying, I think everyone decided to go to work and make that last little bit of money. You no gas is high whether we go by boat or plane, the gas is gonna eat a hole in the pocket.

How was that that said they had a row boat?? If you break that out, I still want to go, but I'm not rowing. But I will stand at the front and yell ROW! ROW! ROW!

By the way congrats on the job :thumbs:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think SJB said something about loving that her husband loves his country and I just had to AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY..it makes me so proud that RG reps JA 100%

I have a friend that her guy friend has been in the States for a couple of years and when asked some lil things about JA and if he missed home after so long, he got all agitated and was like "I don't know what is going on there, I havn't been there for years" He repeated a joke by an American comedian that the only nice parts of JA is whats on the travel brochure. We were all kind of p'o cuz this group of friends has such a strong love for JA.. we kind of laughed it off and went on and then he said "I am an American now, I am in the US" :blink:

Now I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he just gets tired of JA references but I just couldn't say anything more to him cuz it seemed so MESSED up to say something like that. (1st of all cuz u still not naturalized dummy, he just made 2 yrs w/ his wife and now keeps hinting that he wants a divorce :bonk: ) Right now he won't even return home until he can get all this jewerly and clothes out of layaway so he can look like he is ALL THAT in front of his friends and family.. People like him is why there such a misconception about life in FARRIN...

RG loves JA, I love to hear him chat about home. Even though he knows that there are more opportuntites here, he would never down his country.. I asked him about which beach was better, FLL or MoBay, cuz he was MESMERIZED by beach in FLL, it was like a kid in a candy store. He said "u know I can't answer that any other way but to say MoBay" I was like OK, i guess I got my REAL answer and we laughed.LOL I mean he don't IGNORE the problems of JA or try to paint a perfect picture, but he don't try to blot out his heritage either, ya know..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HEy Ladies wha a gwaan???

Did i miss the boat to JA??? y'all didnt leave without me did you!!!!!???

Well i got offered the second job, ....YAY...which means i will be working 60 hours a week, lord dont know how long that is gonna last, but hopefully i can do some things, i need to do prior to D getting here.

Hello GIll, Quana, Ty, Roxcie, Wakey and Mrs Scott!!!!

Where is sonshyne and Sunny???

ANyhoo, i left off at 892, so i have to go back and catch up to where you all are now.

Oh yeah if i missed anyone , wha gwaan!!!!

With the page numbering I'm only on 338 pages. I think it's because I set my board settings to 40 for number of posts to show for each topic page and 40 for number of topics to show for each forum page.

Is that a good or bad thing?? :wacko:

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
I wonder if my computer here at work is running really slow today

Or is it that we are slowing down the site :whistle:

when I post it's taking a loonnngggg time to come up.

Sonny,

I think it's the length of the thread! It's so big it slows everything down...almost 900 pages WOW...we can chat!

Gill

We are a chatty bunch :yes:

Maybe Ewok wants to see just how slow the site will run

Hopefully we don't make it lock up :whistle:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

whew!!!! i finally caught up, i was reading fast as i could....LOL

Jonesie, i hear your the whine queen, y'all KNow im fixated on learning to whine, is your youtube vid still up???

My old a$$ dont know if my hips can move like that no more, maybe i need a few more trips to JA...LOL :devil:

in the meantime, im going to keep practicing...LOL...

Timeline
I think SJB said something about loving that her husband loves his country and I just had to AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY..it makes me so proud that RG reps JA 100%

I have a friend that her guy friend has been in the States for a couple of years and when asked some lil things about JA and if he missed home after so long, he got all agitated and was like "I don't know what is going on there, I havn't been there for years" He repeated a joke by an American comedian that the only nice parts of JA is whats on the travel brochure. We were all kind of p'o cuz this group of friends has such a strong love for JA.. we kind of laughed it off and went on and then he said "I am an American now, I am in the US" :blink:

Now I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he just gets tired of JA references but I just couldn't say anything more to him cuz it seemed so MESSED up to say something like that. (1st of all cuz u still not naturalized dummy, he just made 2 yrs w/ his wife and now keeps hinting that he wants a divorce :bonk: ) Right now he won't even return home until he can get all this jewerly and clothes out of layaway so he can look like he is ALL THAT in front of his friends and family.. People like him is why there such a misconception about life in FARRIN...

RG loves JA, I love to hear him chat about home. Even though he knows that there are more opportuntites here, he would never down his country.. I asked him about which beach was better, FLL or MoBay, cuz he was MESMERIZED by beach in FLL, it was like a kid in a candy store. He said "u know I can't answer that any other way but to say MoBay" I was like OK, i guess I got my REAL answer and we laughed.LOL I mean he don't IGNORE the problems of JA or try to paint a perfect picture, but he don't try to blot out his heritage either, ya know..

OMG that is terrible behavior

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline

Good going on the 2nd job Honey..Girl i pray ur strength!!

Shyne I think we are messing up some stuff.. I couldn't get my emoticons to work and my posting give me an error at least once b4 it goes up.. EWOK u shoulda stopped us at 900 like mi a sey my yute!! LOL

Filed: Timeline
Lawd have 'is MERCY! Unu chat nuff! Do you guys think 5 gallons of rum punch is enough for the boat ride? :blush: For all of the non-drinkers, I'll make fresh carrot juice. YUMMY! I'm behind by like 3 pages. I'll catch up with you guys later!

HECK NO!....not if I'm on that BOAT :whistle:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Lawd have 'is MERCY! Unu chat nuff! Do you guys think 5 gallons of rum punch is enough for the boat ride? :blush: For all of the non-drinkers, I'll make fresh carrot juice. YUMMY! I'm behind by like 3 pages. I'll catch up with you guys later!

Carrot juice??? :blink: ie good fi tru??? Unu too healthy fi mi.. LOL i do like the V8 twisters though.. mi bring sum fruit punch too OK :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
n1t05f.jpg

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

okay :ot:

i have a real close friend who i am trying to be supportive of, but she is starting to make my head hurt with the drama....lawd. She is seperated from her husband of 12 years, who aint worth a plug nickel, but she love his dyam drawers, y'all anyway they fall out seperate and get back together, over and over again, well she is a military reservist, and she got deployed to Iraq, last year, well before she deployed her and her husband were in there on again status, but when he found out she was leaving he told her he wasnt waiting on her....#######!!!! and proceeded to get his swerve on while she was away, cuz i saw him out with various hoes,, anyway fast forward to her, so anyway of course she is upset, away from her country in a war zone and away from her kid, she meets another soldier , who was from texas, he was married but told her him and his wife was having issues, and he wasnt happy, so of course they hooked up, and for a year and a half, have been dealing with one another, even since she returned from Iraq. Initially, i wouldnt touch that situation with a ten foot pole, cause the whole thing reeks of drama and someone getting hurt in the process, i wasnt interested in meeting him( the other guy, being his friend, none of that #######) but she was insistent, he would take his leave from the military and visit her in Mich and then fly to texas and be with his wife and family. all along my girl went along with it, because he told her he was leaving his wife ( Shaking my head) so long story short, he aint leaving his wife. He left from visiting my girl here in Mich, and went to texas to see his family and left some shyt out so his wife could catch him, cuz he said he was tired of leading a double life, of course y'all know drama pursued. The wife called my girl and it has been on an poppin for like the last 3 weekends. Me and my girl went to the detroit zoo with our kids, ol boys wife called and my girl went to screaming and cussing all up and thru the Zoo. I was so embarassed y'all. This is totally out of her character, she used to be a god fearing women,in church and everything. So now comes the part that is wearing me out, she went to pick her child up from her husband of whom she still isnt divorced, and had the nerve to be upset because her husband has moved on, bought a house and moved a women into his new house.!!!!!!! She is now saying, when she returned home from Iraq her husband was trying to work on the marriage with her but she wouldnt give him a chance, because she was pursuing this married lying a-hole in Tx. The Tx man has decided he wants to work on his marriage( surprise, surprise) and now she is rebounding back to her husband, who has also moved on. I just dont know what to tell her, im tired of the crying and her not eating and being stressed out, because i pointed out the fact THAT SOMEBODY WAS GOING TO GET HURT, A YEAR AND HALF AGO, WHEN SHE GOT INVOLVED WITH THIS MAN. I love her, she is my close friend, but she is stressing me out. What would y'all do?

Sorry about the length of the post. she is calling me now ( here we go again)

Timeline

:blink: 5 gallons??

Thats just enough to wet my whistle :whistle:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
So, do ya'll like my hair style. I was trying to post it bigger, but I don't know how to.

Sus; TL where you at. Show me how to do this.

LAWNY!!! :rofl: Love that hair. I thought it was someone from the show Good Times!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

HECK NO!....not if I'm on that BOAT :whistle:

Since I get motion sickness I'm bring some dramamine and a glass for some of Lawny's rum punch!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.