• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I wonder if my computer here at work is running really slow today

Or is it that we are slowing down the site :whistle:

when I post it's taking a loonnngggg time to come up.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey guys...don't mean to rain on everybody's parade, but I was reading back a few pages and a topic that is very real to me came up, and honestly, a lot of your answers have surprised me. The topic was what would you do if you were faced with a 3 year ban. I saw several folks say that they probably wouldn't do a LDR for 3 years...well...quite honestly, that puzzles me a bit. For this reason only: everyone up here is either wanting to marry or already married. We've all found people that we say we will pledge our love to forever. That we will stand by our SO's side in good times and bad, yadayadayada. I've definitely learned that life will definitely throw you curve balls, and no matter how well you plan your life and what kind of decisions you make, things may not always go as we would like. Does that mean that we abandon our dreams, our desires, what we believe to be ordained and blessed by God? In my opinion (and I stress, this is just my opinion), I would say I hope not. What happens when you'fre living together as man and wife and you go through a dfficult spell...as many marriages do...that can't be fixed in a month, or 2, or hell even 8? Do you leave, or do you fight for what you believe to be right and good? I feel so passionately about this because the 3 year ban was imposed upon us because my fiance (now my husband) admitted that he had smoked months earlier (his blood tests and drug tests came back clean). At that moment is seemed that our lives were over, and for a while, I'm not even going to lie, I felt like I wouldn't be able to do it. I went back and forth with what being in this relationship would mean from that moment foward, because the whole scope of it had changed. I made a deliberate, and prayerful decision to continue in this relationship because I truly believed that he was the man that God had created for me. And while I resented him for a long time, we eventually worked through it, and I promise you that I could not be happier. This time apart has truly given us time to grow as people and as a couple. We have truly had time to think about what it is we truly want from this each other, this relationship, for our lives. I think when we were doing the K1, we got swept up in everything that was going on==it occurred so quickly (6 months from start to finish). We married nearly a year later. Now, our time for re-filing will be coming up soon. And we are much more focused, and more prepared. I believe that God definitely had a plan for us, and trust me when I say that as a result of what happened to us, I definitely had to learn that I would learn to follow HIS plan--not my own. We have put everything in God's hands, and I believe that we will be blessed this time around. I originally considered moving down to JA after the denial first occurred, but after talking over everything and trying to plan for our future we decided that it would be better if I stayed here. So, we do our best, like everyone else, to make the most of our visits and phone calls. We're hopeful about our future, and we appreciate and feel so much better about one another as spouses. I pray that no one ever has to experience what we had to---but if it came to the worse, I hope that you all would not abandon the ones that you love so dearly because things did not occur as we hoped they would. I know this was a long post guys, but I had to speak what was on my heart. Everyone up here has given me so much strength and encouragement, whether you know it or not...that's why I have continued to come back. Now, I want 2 enjoy all of these videos, so talk to you soon!

Love you,

Tamisha

Mrs. P.,

I appreciate your honesty and determination on this. I always said that I would have moved on if Ken had been positive...but in all honesty ...I probably wouldn't have.

Your SO's test came back clean, but his conscience dictated that he tell the truth...I respect that.

Look Girl, when I first came to the Yardie thread I was determined not to judge, but to support other Sistrens (and Brethrens) going through this crazy process. The decision whether to stay or go was yours to make... supporting your decision is ours to give.

You have mine! Gwaan through Gurl...your time soon come! :thumbs:

Thanks again for the share. That's what I hope this thread is about... sharing and learning...not judging and hurting!

Bless-ed love,

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks AM, it worked.

YARDIES...

Here is a picture of Tnw (tonisha) and her fiance Dave. Soon to be husband on Aug 11th.

She asked me to post it some time ago, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I have the actual pictures.

14kzcxd.jpg

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
I wonder if my computer here at work is running really slow today

Or is it that we are slowing down the site :whistle:

when I post it's taking a loonnngggg time to come up.

Sonny,

I think it's the length of the thread! It's so big it slows everything down...almost 900 pages WOW...we can chat!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Lawny,

I posted this for a friend in the Sub-Saharan and I thought I'd post it here as well in hopes of putting a smile on your face :P

I'm sure all of you guys can appreciate this pic :lol:

2jea534.jpg

Honey, I haven't forgotten you.

Hi Hotlegz...hows the baby doing?

Hi Sonshyne

I love the picture Asante!

How do you all load pictures and it not come out in the little bitty size?

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Thanks AM, it worked.

YARDIES...

Here is a picture of Tnw (tonisha) and her fiance Dave. Soon to be husband on Aug 11th.

She asked me to post it some time ago, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I have the actual pictures.

14kzcxd.jpg

Ahhhhhh Ton-Ton...what a cute couple!! I love the hair Nish!!!

VERY CUTE!!!

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jeeeezas Lawd uunu love chat so? Dem a pay di whole a unnu fi chat pon VJ? Mi need fi happy fi wan work whe unnu deh :lol:

Mi cyaan go back an read thru all a di suss so

:thumbs: fi all a unnu whe breed, bring forth pickney, file di paypaz dem, lack down di visa, ray tay tay

:blush: fi all a unnu who fall pon rough time

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

HEy Ladies wha a gwaan???

Did i miss the boat to JA??? y'all didnt leave without me did you!!!!!???

Well i got offered the second job, ....YAY...which means i will be working 60 hours a week, lord dont know how long that is gonna last, but hopefully i can do some things, i need to do prior to D getting here.

Hello GIll, Quana, Ty, Roxcie, Wakey and Mrs Scott!!!!

Where is sonshyne and Sunny???

ANyhoo, i left off at 892, so i have to go back and catch up to where you all are now.

Oh yeah if i missed anyone , wha gwaan!!!!

Timeline
So, do ya'll like my hair style. I was trying to post it bigger, but I don't know how to.

Sus; TL where you at. Show me how to do this.

OMG.......You are the Acid Queen from Tommy. Love it, Tre.

I want to post it so that ya'll can see it better...but mi no know how fi do dat.

LOL, Lawny -

You have to make the picture bigger - do you have image editing software? Then upload it to photobucket and paste it in the forum -

Goodmorning Mrsladyd!

If I would have kept readying I see you already give out instruction manual. lol. Thanks :thumbs:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Jeeeezas Lawd uunu love chat so? Dem a pay di whole a unnu fi chat pon VJ? Mi need fi happy fi wan work whe unnu deh :lol:

:thumbs: fi all a unnu whe breed, bring forth pickney, file di paypaz dem, lack down di visa, ray tay tay

Jonesie,

Ow yuh ah duh mi love!

Mi waan fi see new pictures of Gavin...em mussi big now fuh true! Onnuh a wuk pon #2 now? :lol::devil:

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Lawny,

I posted this for a friend in the Sub-Saharan and I thought I'd post it here as well in hopes of putting a smile on your face :P

I'm sure all of you guys can appreciate this pic :lol:

2jea534.jpg

Honey, I haven't forgotten you.

Hi Hotlegz...hows the baby doing?

Hi Sonshyne

I love the picture Asante!

How do you all load pictures and it not come out in the little bitty size?

Wakey

thanks Wakey

go to tinypic.com and upload your pic, copy the code from the message board codes and then paste the code to your post and walla!

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We deh yah - leavin for JA next Thurs :dance:

Mi soon come back - haffi sneak pon VJ (dem wickid roun yesso *kissteet*)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Hey Jonesie nuh see yuh lang time!!

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.