Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Thanks Island....I will let my SO know...

TL; answered TY'more. He'll only need 4. I know it's easier said, but he really does not need to be nervous. I saw plenty of men their without their SO and they did fine. They were all asked where their SOs were and most answered that they couldn't be their because of work or kids or they were just their and could not afford to return for the interview. But for the majority, it was their kids were either still in school or just got out from what I could hear. Sorry, stuck in another meeting with FUNKY armpits and she's sitting right next to me. The asked me to explain a part of the budget and I was afraid to take a breath.

OMG...she's comming to sit next to me again. I'm going to get some peppermint...brb

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning All-

So about 11:30 am yesterday I went MIA from posting here because I found Jawi's My Name Ain't Stella.

I have to have some self control today or I will get fired from my job for not working! That story is so

good, I can't stop reading it! I have got to get some work done today, so if I go missing you know where I am and someone should come and kick me out of that tread!

Sign me up for the boat trip not sure what my job could be but just sign me up I am ready to go.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

YIPPEEE sHREWDIE..it will go faster..when my case was transferred it was approved in no time...

OOnuh lef mi Beenie Man alone ....how long oonuh want it..and wah him can do wid IT :rofl:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Alright Ty 2 weeks til your approval!!

Dillon I know you are psyched about them cashing your check. Try not to obsess on checking for the touches but look forward to those emails!

Welcome Journee and momto2 this site will definitely help you past the time while you wait on your love to get home or vice versa. Don't forget to read the guides and when in doubt do a specific word search of the site. It is soo helpful

JG where did you say we can get this orgasmic tea in a cup? Did you post a website a while back?

Lawny I'm sorry to hear about your mail coming back. Remember trouble don't last always and this will soon pass.

WAKEY.. wha gwaan?? how is Dwayne.. u know some of us have to live vicariously through u when it comes to a SO at home..u gonna hate to come on VJ in a min w/ all my questions LOL :blush:

Hey Everyone!

I miss you guys. Adjustment is work like all the Vets said. I'm consumed with trying to get the wedding all set for 8/30. We will be having a small ceremony at the house.

We are having so much fun. We are watching movies and taking long walks with the dog and just talking and laughing. The other stuff is also the bomb too. :devil:

So yesterday we were talking about the air conditioner again! He said the comforter (not thick at all mind you) is too heavy and he likes to just sleep with a sheet like back home. Well, I like to sleep cold as a polar bear under the comforter. So we compromised and turned the air down to 78-79. I get up this morning sweating like I'd been running on the tread mill in my dreams. It turns out while I'm asleep Dwayne turned the air down to 85! WTH. That is heat inna di heat!

VETS, I need some advise on the cooking and introduction to American food. What did your husband's like when they first came over? I've tried meatloaf and spagetti, my fish was too garlicy, and an omelet for breakfast. He has cooked every other meal for us traditional Jamaican. I'm not complaining but there is only so much boiled dumplings and rice and peas meals I can take. I want to add variety to the menu.

Hey wakey,

Sounds like you 2 are having fun.

Well on the AC note:

I hate AC too! I cannot stand it. How hot is it at night there that you keep your Ac at 75? Remember that it is hard for someone to go from warm weather all the time to manufactered air. Its not just cold air, but its artificial. It can be hard to breathe and very hard on the skin, an lungs for some. So maybe you guys get a fan and leave the AC a bit higher. 74 is low.

On the Food issue:

Well my husband loves "American" (whatever that is) food so we're all good. How bout your try Asian food dishes with rice and gravys or chopped meats with potatoes and carrots and such. I find many JA foods very heavy and hard to eat. But if your use to that some American meals can feel really light and non-filling.

I have to have a fan on for the noise. We turn the air higher cause of it. Hubby complains every night that he can't sleep cause of the fan noise....about 10 seconds before he falls sound asleep.

Ugh! I hate noise when I sleep. I cant get into an REM sleep when there is noise. I need my brain to shut down at night.

I get that. The fan is how I do it. Otherwise every other noise from the cat or dog, the cars driving down the street, a car alarm, thunder, the house creaking, all keeps me awake. I need that steady noise.

haha, I dont mind. The pics dont look like me, and I'm not naked or anything.haha

I wouldn't mind non-naked pictures. Anything to risque and I picture them in some man's prison call....like Sunny's :whistle:

WAKE UP!!!! WAKE UP!!!! VJ YARDIES :jest::jest::jest:

De boat to JA is ready and waiting. All the medical supplies are on board and the captain is warming the engine.

Sus--you de captin

Honeychild--DJ

Claire--medical supplies

Roxie--flashlights (y do we need these?)

Lawny--bring de food (chicken foot and all)

JG--bring all those nice products so we all can lather in them

Gill--bring some drinks (wata too)

Kimmie--

DHQ--

Mrs. Palmer--

JAlove--

Marlita--

Sunny--

Sonny--

Wakey--

Journee--

Mrsladyd--

Jawi--we need some good reading material

(I know I am leaving out someone but you all pleae forgive me if I did)

I am ready and aboard ready to take a nap while youall get your act together. See you on the boat. :jest:

I'm going to bring us some box food. Jomo makes a mean fried chicken, cabbage salad, and rice and peas. Who needs hot sauce on theirs?

Me me me I need hot sauce :yes:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

TYMOORE...my husband went by himself and he is the most shy person i know on this planet..ur SO will do just fine

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG! Lawny you are truly crazy! (hint) I use to keep a can of disinfectant on my desk. Works everytime..

Or mask yourself down in smell good so much that you overpower her stinch..(kidding)

On the interview tip..We are both getting nervous. I told him we have everything in order so things should go okay.

tymoore

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning All-

So about 11:30 am yesterday I went MIA from posting here because I found Jawi's My Name Ain't Stella.

I have to have some self control today or I will get fired from my job for not working! That story is so

good, I can't stop reading it! I have got to get some work done today, so if I go missing you know where I am and someone should come and kick me out of that tread!

Sign me up for the boat trip not sure what my job could be but just sign me up I am ready to go.

Same thing happened to me Dillon......although I am very disciplined not to read it at work. Chatting on here is bad enough! I read it before I go to bed.

TL; answered TY'more. He'll only need 4. I know it's easier said, but he really does not need to be nervous. I saw plenty of men their without their SO and they did fine. They were all asked where their SOs were and most answered that they couldn't be their because of work or kids or they were just their and could not afford to return for the interview. But for the majority, it was their kids were either still in school or just got out from what I could hear. Sorry, stuck in another meeting with FUNKY armpits and she's sitting right next to me. The asked me to explain a part of the budget and I was afraid to take a breath.

OMG...she's comming to sit next to me again. I'm going to get some peppermint...brb

Good luck Lawny! Ya need some Vicks under yer nose like do they do on tv.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
OOnuh lef mi Beenie Man alone ....how long oonuh want it..and wah him can do wid IT :rofl:

Not much, from what I heard :innocent:

AWWW...SAY NO MORE...mi still love him..hehheee :luv:

Moore,

That was the hardest part for me..he couldn't take his phone BUT he asked a Ras outside fi keep it for him..he called me on his way to airpak....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Lawny,

I posted this for a friend in the Sub-Saharan and I thought I'd post it here as well in hopes of putting a smile on your face :P

I'm sure all of you guys can appreciate this pic :lol:

2jea534.jpg

Honey, I haven't forgotten you.

Hi Hotlegz...hows the baby doing?

Hi Sonshyne

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning All-

Same thing happened to me Dillon......although I am very disciplined not to read it at work. Chatting on here is bad enough! I read it before I go to bed.

Good luck Lawny! Ya need some Vicks under yer nose like do they do on tv.

Islandwoman - My internet is not set up at home and it takes forever to read everything on my blackberry.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

hEY AM girlie..wat a gwaan...OK..who is dat ! i do chiney bumps in Kimora hair when I wash is it..BUT a wah DAT ! was she going to a parade :):rofl: but mi like the concept..call mi crazy....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.