Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LMAO... sus if i was her, just to F with people i would tell them i was in the final stages of living as a woman before my surgery was complete....LOL

Hi Dillon

Hi Honey! I think I would F with people too and do just what you said.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think you miss the big picture. Not just you, Island, anyone who says this............It's all about the processing. Like Marlita has said before, a lot of the K-1 processing is done after POE when AOS is sent in and later LOC. With the CR1, it's done before approval. I know it's a long wait and I know it sucks. But, as far as being fair, it is what it is because of how it is processed. It's the same amount of paperwork, same hoops.

Please don't say, at least he's with you either. If I hear that one more time I will scream. At that point, without the ability to work, newly adjusting, filling out more and more paperwork, sending in more money for it, waiting, waiting, waiting, etc......he's lucky I did not kill him during that period.

Well at least he's with you....gone head...scream :girlwerewolf2xn: , mi nah care, haha. I still say "at least he's with you." Maybe cause I am not with my husband during all this processing as those who are fortunate enough to go thru it are, but i'd at least be happy about that. Otherwise we (as a married filer) go thru the same thing, but alone. I would be much more happier going thru this with him near me. Truth me told this whole immigration process and the paperwork for me is quite easy. The ahard part is being away from each other during birthdays, holidays, anniversaries. Cant just talk to one another at night when you want, no money for phone calls. I just think it is a good thing to say that at least they are with you. Its the most simplest thing of this process, but for many just not an option, and I'd treasure it if i had it. There's some people on here who i see havent seen their husband in over a year becuase of financial difficulties. Dear God, I dont know how hard that can be.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You feeling better after your surgery?

Hi Dillon - I am a little tired now, thanks for asking - Starting to feel better, but not my usual self - about to log off for a bit.

LMAO... sus if i was her, just to F with people i would tell them i was in the final stages of living as a woman before my surgery was complete....LOL

Hi Dillon

Hi Honey! I think I would F with people too and do just what you said.

She is a Japanese / Italian from NY - She asks them if they want her to prove that she's really female, and has actually made like she was gonna unzip her pants before -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Hey, guys. If I was short with anyone today, I apologize. I just sealed up the stupid LOC box and it hit me what I a was mailing off. I think I've been a little on edge today, even though I told myself I wasn't.

Girl why you so on edge about this here LOC. You not telling us something?

Timeline
so JG..u are almost out of the running at 1280 huh???

c'mon Ewok.. let us stay on just another 46 pages LOL.. i am talking like I am bout to win a trip to JA or someting..

speaking of Journee.. pls put me in your suitcase... ;)

Journee whistling :whistle: while>Tucking Dancehall Queen in my bag! And smiling at TSA in STL Airport> oH sHT ! dANCE hALL qUEEN YOU GOT TO GET OUT OF MY BAG!!

Girl in case you didnt know I always GET PH*CKING Searched at Customs in Ja! I will either have to pay Duty or get Arrested for Contraban!

Gurl just get you a ticket, I am to old for all of this!!! :)

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Timeline

c'mon Ewok.. let us stay on just another 46 pages LOL.. i am talking like I am bout to win a trip to JA or someting..

Journee whistling :whistle: while>Tucking Dancehall Queen in my bag! And smiling at TSA in STL Airport> oH sHT ! dANCE hALL qUEEN YOU GOT TO GET OUT OF MY BAG!!

Girl in case you didnt know I always GET PH*CKING Searched at Customs in Ja! I will either have to pay Duty or get Arrested for Contraban!

Gurl just get you a ticket, I am to old for all of this!!! :)

I havent got checked yet. I wonder what makes them check and what doesnt?

Timeline
I think you miss the big picture. Not just you, Island, anyone who says this............It's all about the processing. Like Marlita has said before, a lot of the K-1 processing is done after POE when AOS is sent in and later LOC. With the CR1, it's done before approval. I know it's a long wait and I know it sucks. But, as far as being fair, it is what it is because of how it is processed. It's the same amount of paperwork, same hoops.

Please don't say, at least he's with you either. If I hear that one more time I will scream. At that point, without the ability to work, newly adjusting, filling out more and more paperwork, sending in more money for it, waiting, waiting, waiting, etc......he's lucky I did not kill him during that period.

Well at least he's with you....gone head...scream :girlwerewolf2xn: , mi nah care, haha. I still say "at least he's with you." Maybe cause I am not with my husband during all this processing as those who are fortunate enough to go thru it are, but i'd at least be happy about that. Otherwise we (as a married filer) go thru the same thing, but alone. I would be much more happier going thru this with him near me. Truth me told this whole immigration process and the paperwork for me is quite easy. The ahard part is being away from each other during birthdays, holidays, anniversaries. Cant just talk to one another at night when you want, no money for phone calls. I just think it is a good thing to say that at least they are with you. Its the most simplest thing of this process, but for many just not an option, and I'd treasure it if i had it. There's some people on here who i see havent seen their husband in over a year becuase of financial difficulties. Dear God, I dont know how hard that can be.

I couldn't imagine... although u CR1 guys' timeframes have been scaring me.. if I were to marry RG, I would do the CR1. If I can just handle the wait, I think it would pay off in the end, not having to do that AOS. FOR US anyway. We would have to save up the whole yr just to pay for it. I think back.. i have known him a year now and have only seen him 5 times so HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed) I could do it again.. UGHHHHH Would u do it differently now Marlita??

Timeline

at like 1298, I am going to petition Ewok. I hate to lose, you know! :angry:

:rofl::rofl: ya know ya not right!! mi a tell Ewok, "NUH listen to di ganja planta JG, she nuh know wa she chat bout mon, she been smokin on har own product dem!!" :rofl::rofl:

Filed: Timeline

Lita;

What JG is saying is true. That was explained to me by the same lady I met at the airport a few months ago. It was also explained to me when I was talking to someone after my interview in the courtyard at the embassy. It's all about how the paperwork is processed with the CR/1s and the K-1s or ANY non-immigrant visas.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

Hey Sus;

I've taken all 10 of my earings out

I've changed into some sweats

I've done my stretches

I have my hair in a bun

and I have a LARGE jar of vaseline (did I forget anything)

All I need now is a plane ticket and I'm good to go.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I couldn't imagine... although u CR1 guys' timeframes have been scaring me.. if I were to marry RG, I would do the CR1. If I can just handle the wait, I think it would pay off in the end, not having to do that AOS. FOR US anyway. We would have to save up the whole yr just to pay for it. I think back.. i have known him a year now and have only seen him 5 times so HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed) I could do it again.. UGHHHHH Would u do it differently now Marlita??

You know what I wouldnt do it differently. It is difficult but its not the end of the world. This time apart allowed us to clutivate our relationship sorta. I think going the k1 way would have been much too quick for us to be immersed into each others lives like that. I have learned so much during this time away process. It truly has helped us. I will be knowing my husband 2 years by the time he gets here. Time flies. Its all a personal choice which way to go. I felt like the k1 for me was a bit forced if you will. Felt like USCIS was forcing the timeline of when we had to marry, instead of us taking our time and doing it on our own. We prayed about it and I really see now what God was trying to do by having us go this route. My family was able to visit Evans and they would not have done that if we didnt get married there. My dad and Evan found this bond that formed when they were in JA together and my dad came to LOVE the place. He's going back on his on in a few months. If Evan would've come here so quick, some of my family would have questioned things for far longer than they have. Them seeing us get married and seeing the wedding and stuff really helped validate our relationship to them.

Timeline

Hey yall i was just trolling around in another thread ( i cant remember which one and saw this post) what do you guys make of it, it is posted by a member called Yukfou or something like that?

Here is the post:

Hey, at this point I don't much information so I am going to hit you guys with what ever I got. My wifes sister called this morning saying that her fiance was told by the U.S embassy in Jamaica that he was denied for a U.S fiance visa and was told to reapply after 3 years, 2011. She is 5 months pregnant as well. I haven't got a chance to talk to her yet because she has been crying since this morning and will be going to jamaica in a week. What do you guys think the reasons can be for a denial?

Timeline

Lita;

What JG is saying is true. That was explained to me by the same lady I met at the airport a few months ago. It was also explained to me when I was talking to someone after my interview in the courtyard at the embassy. It's all about how the paperwork is processed with the CR/1s and the K-1s or ANY non-immigrant visas.

USCIS doesnt process the AP, or AOS, its NVC. So at the USCIS stage we are all equal. And NVC is very quick. People get out of there in 30 days with Cr1 now. Its USCIS and the embassy that process CR1's slower.

Hey yall i was just trolling around in another thread ( i cant remember which one and saw this post) what do you guys make of it, it is posted by a member called Yukfou or something like that?

Here is the post:

Hey, at this point I don't much information so I am going to hit you guys with what ever I got. My wifes sister called this morning saying that her fiance was told by the U.S embassy in Jamaica that he was denied for a U.S fiance visa and was told to reapply after 3 years, 2011. She is 5 months pregnant as well. I haven't got a chance to talk to her yet because she has been crying since this morning and will be going to jamaica in a week. What do you guys think the reasons can be for a denial?

Hmmmm...ganga. Truth be told if I get a denial, I'm just moving to JA to live. Its just 3 years off my current lifestyle. Its unfortuante cause I've seen these 3 year bans a few times on VJ. But the other option is move there or live apart for 3 years. Now i have patience, but i dont have 3 years worth.

Edited by Marlita

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.