Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
jOURNEE..we're here whenever we can help....some madness go on here..but we still have some brain left :rofl:

Yeah I noticed!!! But cmon you know that it is sometimes funny az hell

OHHH YEAH...i see 1 down there..her name is trelawny..watch out for her..trouble :innocent: *just tryingto cheer u up*

Kimmy;

If mi didn't love you...you would be getting this :bonk: ...... thanks for the support girl

Journee as far as money in your bank account - as long as you meet the poverty guidelines you're fine. For some reason, they didn't ask me for anything to back up my affidavit of support other than my 2007 taxes and W-2 (don't know why)...I was just glad to get the hell out of there. My friend is being interviewed today on her K-1 and I can't wait to hear from her. She's missing a few documents, so I told her to be prepared to get a blue slip.

Okay I may sound stupid ### hell but what is "The poverty guidlines"? and a blue slip?

I am going to need a "Jamaica Visa ####" dictionary just to keep up with all this!

Journee;

My brian is a little (well, a LOT messed up this week)...PM Sunny or IslandWoman this is all fresh in their heads...plus you have the K-1 vets JG, Gill, TNW (who else am I missing?) I think those are the K-1 folks. We support each other as you'll see, but we love to pick and fight with each other from time to time (ALL in FUN).

Proverty guideline - you have to make a certain amount of money when you're filing for your fiance (if you don't meet that guideline) then you can use a co-sponsor...mi no know weh di link deh.

Blue slip - if you're missing information they'll give you a blue slip after the interview and tell you to come back on another date.

Journee.....at the top of the threads....the very top....are tabs. Click on the guidelines. It's all written for you. The poverty guidelines should be there.

If you get confused, we will gladly help you through. Just ask.

JG, bare with me girl, you know this all new to me. Hey far as the saturdays go, one can only hope right...LOL

In Honey's defense, VSC works (or at least was) weekends as some approvals spit out on Sundays....but not the embassy. You're going to have to take vacation time for that Honey!

Do you think they really do or the system just uploads then?

JG;

FEDEX wants to tell me that the package was damaged when it was picked up...my mailroom said no way they would have sent a package out like that. I told them I want my FRIGGIN money back....

I found my check...I can't even tell what was written on it, because it is wet and stuck to the inside of the packet.

Go up Up UP the food chain till you speak to someone who can help you. If no one does, file a BBB report. That usually sparks some interest in fixing it. Tell them there is no way someone ran over it in the mailroom and to stop covering their a$$e$!

Journee........

I live near Ted Drewes on Grand. Been a S. City girl all my life.

Right now, I'm in the CWE at work.

Where's your fiance from in JA?

Wow that is crazy. You are seriously close. And about to be even closer. I am moving into a town house on Botanical Next friday <I am going to Jamaica Aug 25 until Spet 29> so I have to get packed , moved, daughter ready for school and get myself re packed for a month in Jamaica!

such an exciting life (exciting is a nice word for CRAZY!) But I am blessed I have help!

Noel is from Orange Bay but lives and works in Negril <He Owns a jet skis on the beach> I would post a few pics but I am not sure how to.

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG..u ave mi a dead ova yah..ahahhaa..send mi a PM to nuh :):devil:

Ur on ur way Dillion

Welcome Momto2

Hey Journee

Honey..u figet who we're dealing with here...the EMBASSY...SATURDAY..YEA OK ! :rofl:

Quana..now mi know why mi check fi yuh :) mi love Beenie man....he is mi husband ..but him no know yet..and Spragga to :)

Lawny...girl everything happens for a reason..it may no seem liek it but a dat mi believe..so mi nah go sit here and seh mi sorry..yuh done know mi deh yah (L)(F)

Where is Gilli..haven't seen her in a bit...

Jengs yuh lef yet ? weh yuh deh

I'm sorry, Honey, and please don't get mad.......but I was rolling at you asking about Saturdays too. Once he gets there (and you go?) you'll see why we are laughing.

Goodmorning Ladies!! I came in,introduced myself then I ran away...So if u all need me to reintroduce myself just let me know! :) So much has happened in my life the last few weeks and my SO still doesnt have his birth certificate so we cant do nothing till he has that...I havent had time to read thru but I hope u all have been well...I did want to send out my condolences to Marcel and Trelawny...

Im in but pleeze send me some instructions. It is nice to virtually hang out with womyn who have "The Ja experiance in common"

Hey Journee. Where you at in St. Louis? You are the first JA related person on here I've seen anywhere near me.

JG...are you smoking something today or still thinking about your nice ride in the Buick? I am from St Louis.

It's the heat. It's getting to me.

Sorry. I did forget.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Wait. Someone tell her how to get on the JAlinkup site to post those pictures, please.

OMG....At my part time job, I work with a guy name Tyler who lives on Botanical. He is a drag queen. He is so freakin' funny. You will love him if you ever run into him. It was the last street we could make a left before Grand and Botanical.

Journee......we had a St. Louis VJ meet up last year. Carla (Canadian forums) is talking about planning another. We went to McGuirk's (Soulard, in case you are not familiar) last year. Not sure where she is looking at this year. You will have to come. Look up St. Louis Meet-up in the search thing and you should find the pictures we posted.

Dillon....I know I already told you that.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Lawny..dem full a shyt ..why would they pick up a package that was obviously damaged...please !

Kimmy;

I'm going to the main office when I leave work. I spoke to another supervisor and he told me not to take anything else out...just put it in a bag and bring it up there. I was not the only one who had a damaged packet that was returned yesterday. Finally, something in my favor.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Lawny..dem full a shyt ..why would they pick up a package that was obviously damaged...please !

Kimmy;

I'm going to the main office when I leave work. I spoke to another supervisor and he told me not to take anything else out...just put it in a bag and bring it up there. I was not the only one who had a damaged packet that was returned yesterday. Finally, something in my favor.

good !...can't stand ppl who fi tek others fi fool

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Wait. Someone tell her how to get on the JAlinkup site to post those pictures, please.

OMG....At my part time job, I work with a guy name Tyler who lives on Botanical. He is a drag queen. He is so freakin' funny. You will love him if you ever run into him. It was the last street we could make a left before Grand and Botanical.

Journee......we had a St. Louis VJ meet up last year. Carla (Canadian forums) is talking about planning another. We went to McGuirk's (Soulard, in case you are not familiar) last year. Not sure where she is looking at this year. You will have to come. Look up St. Louis Meet-up in the search thing and you should find the pictures we posted.

Want to hear something funny. I think the guy Tyler you are talking about lives in the building in the back! The gyus next door are gay as well but. I already transfered my mail to the botanical address and I recieved "Tylars Mail" box. For "Glitter Mob Productions". I owned a salon for years and I worked the gay circuit doing make up and dressing so I am very well versed

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Timeline

Kimmy;

Yess!! Every lil success helps :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Sus;

Link me in PM pleaseeeeee

JG/Journee...I'm being NOSY what ya'll talkin bout

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Want to hear something funny. I think the guy Tyler you are talking about lives in the building in the back! The gyus next door are gay as well but. I already transfered my mail to the botanical address and I recieved "Tylars Mail" box. For "Glitter Mob Productions". I owned a salon for years and I worked the gay circuit doing make up and dressing so I am very well versed

He is absolutely the funniest guy I have ever met. He's known as Siren during his act. He makes the most beautiful woman. I'm so jealous. When you see him, if you see him, he has this spiky orangish doo. I know he lives with some guy; but dont' know him.

That is so funny. St. Louis is the smallest big city I know of!

Sus;

We live pretty near each other. And, apparently, I already know one of her neighbors. Small world.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

He is absolutely the funniest guy I have ever met. He's known as Siren during his act. He makes the most beautiful woman. I'm so jealous. When you see him, if you see him, he has this spiky orangish doo. I know he lives with some guy; but dont' know him.

That is so funny. St. Louis is the smallest big city I know of!

Sus;

We live pretty near each other. And, apparently, I already know one of her neighbors. Small world.

Yep that is the same guy. "Spiky hair is the true give away"

We have to meet. St. Louis is to small for not to. Do you do sushi? or tell me where you hang out or what do you do for fun .... While you are in Farryn?

Timeline
Wow that is crazy. You are seriously close. And about to be even closer. I am moving into a town house on Botanical Next friday <I am going to Jamaica Aug 25 until Spet 29> so I have to get packed , moved, daughter ready for school and get myself re packed for a month in Jamaica!

such an exciting life (exciting is a nice word for CRAZY!) But I am blessed I have help!

Noel is from Orange Bay but lives and works in Negril <He Owns a jet skis on the beach> I would post a few pics but I am not sure how to.

Wow - a whole month!! You are lucky. Who takes care of your daughter while you are gone?

My daughter (she's 6) told me she had a nightmare that I went to Jamaica for 89 days. I thought that would be a dream for me, not a nightmare!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Not a big fan of sushi. And, honestly, we work and work some more. Trying to stabalize a bit. But when we do have some free time we:

movies

roller skating/blading

batting cages

Putt putt golf

Cardinal Games

Blues Games

Rams games are on the list

Free stuff like the Zoo, the Science Center, the Arch

Concerts

We love to go the the Mills and play games all afternoon

And, lately we've been gathering the neighbors for some beer, bbq, and a few games of washers.

You have to remember we have 2 kids. Most activities fall around them.

Wow - a whole month!! You are lucky. Who takes care of your daughter while you are gone?

My daughter (she's 6) told me she had a nightmare that I went to Jamaica for 89 days. I thought that would be a dream for me, not a nightmare!!

Ha............

I had a girl tell me she had a dream when Andre naturalized, he dumped me for his wife back home.

I said that's okay, I had a dream my MIL was swept out to sea by a hurricane. :innocent:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Who knows where I go to add LOC to my timeline?

It's been so long since I had to change anything.

Go to the timeline section - edit my timeline -

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

She's at it again, JG - 'bout to have a good brawl today, because I am not biting my tongue -

Sus, forgive me for being nosy but are talking about that evil cow who always has something crappy to say over on ETJ? ( no names)

oh my gosh! I have to go look!

Ha.......Marlita. You are killing me lately. Is it working? Am I taking your mind off the wait just a bit. I'm trying, you know.

Speaking of that, anyone heard from Shrewdie? If not and you have a way to contact her, would you? I have been worrying about her a bit lately.

Yes me an Shrewdie chat off VJ. She's not really feeling it around these parts as she has been unjustly waiting for an NOA1 for 10 months now. I dont get it. Completely unfair. She is not alone. Many other CR1 filers out of VSC are waiting too. I dont get how they can just stop processing those petitions knowing that these are spousal and family filers. I think i saw that they are processing a few October filers. Funny thing is that there are like Feb and Jan filers from VSC that already got NOA2 long time ago. The process is so out of order.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.